OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks pretty good.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) 152
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) 250
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) 348
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) 33500510
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) 33532210
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) 33584410
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) 33601910
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) 33616510
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) 33621310
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) 33711410
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) 33732010

"guardiansofthegalaxy #Yondu #MichaelRooker #MCU #Marvel #movie

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Yondu (In-Hand Pics) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, looks excellent. While I am not particularly attached to the character, I am very impressed by the figure and all the perfect details.

Fox915

Fox915
Wow! Certainly looks great, I love that subtle smirk on his face. Really like how under different lighting he can look serious or sly, a very nice and versatile expression.

MarkEl

I am a Michael Rooker fan, and this one temps me because of that, but I'll probably pass. The sculpt would need a great deal of modding to make him Michael again. ;-)

blackpool

blackpool
again a gorgeous creation... That group shot is insanely lifelike, veeeery tempting, but I'll have to pass...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have a spot waiting for him since it first went up for PO. I just wish HT (or some other company) would make Nebula (at the very least) and Mantis. The group feels incomplete without them.

blackpool

blackpool
may the lord of figures hear you mate, I'd love to have both thanos daughters!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yeah. Even though Nebula wasn't technically a member of the Guardians, she still played pivotal roles in all of her outings. There's a customizer over at the Freaks whose asked about interest for her, but he's holding off until SDCC reveals to see if HT plans to make her. I seriously doubt they will reveal any new female characters, unless it's another Gamora from Infinity War. Or maybe Trinity from The Matrix... They seem to thrive mostly on re-hashed characters these days.

blackpool

blackpool
Yeah I agree that Nebula is really a cool character, always on the edge between good n bad... I wish HT had considered doing her from the first movie, but I seriously doubt they will release an infinity war version of the guardians, they already announced so many, and they were already super late on the guardians of the galaxy vol.2 (gamorra and yondu just revealed, drax just released a few weeks ago...)

Again I hope they hear you on Trinity, if they don't release her and morpheus, I'll definitely pass on Neo (which is likely to happen, I don't understand their release policy lately, ie no iconic dr Brown from back to the future 1, but one from the second movie)

Ephiane

Ephiane
i know... HT is very Expensive. We had much discussions about, but Hell they made a excellent Job on figures. Great Review

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Well, he does seem to have made it through production pretty much unscathed. GOTG does seem to have been one of the more consistent lines that HT have done.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think it is one thing to hate HT prices and some HT decisions and practices, but I also think it is profoundly unfair to try to apply this reaction to the more often than not outstanding quality and look of HT's sculpting, stitching, and detailing. I don't worship or excuse HT at every turn, but I do love much of what they have done. And while there is plenty of room for disagreement in what we like (especially in things like taste and looks and art), it seems to me that the quality of their output is quite often beyond reproach in and of itself.

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:I think it is one thing to hate HT prices and some HT decisions and practices, but I also think it is profoundly unfair to try to apply this reaction to the more often than not outstanding quality and look of HT's sculpting, stitching, and detailing. I don't worship or excuse HT at every turn, but I do love much of what they have done. And while there is plenty of room for disagreement in what we like (especially in things like taste and looks and art), it seems to me that the quality of their output is quite often beyond reproach in and of itself.

Very true, and honestly I used to be much more angry at hot toys a few years back when they were alone in their price range... No worshipping needed to admit that a lot of companies stepped up their game and reached hot toys prices without reaching the level of quality (at least not on a regular basis).
My only critic to hot toys would be about their choices of release, they are pros at "uncomplete teams or line ups", and their schedule, way too many announcements to get a figure sooner than a year after the movie it is based on (people are still waiting for rogue one figures when they announce solo ones lol)... But other than that I'll keep bowing humbly because no other brand brings me that level of joy n pleasure when I unbox a new figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Blackpool -- I agree that they sometimes engage in questionable practices (apart from price hiking), ranging from under-articulation (Wonder Woman, numerous boots) to incomplete releases (Wonder Woman, Rogue One, etc), and so on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum