OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Terminator 2 figures and gear

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Terminator 2 figures and gear Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:36 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is a sort of revisiting or retake of my first OSW post, with better lighting and photos, and more accessories, namely the new Connor/Resistance Leader by CGL. Oh, and more dust, I think, which is either good or bad... Smile

Hope you like it.

cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear T2hd-010

cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear T2hd-011

cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear T2hd-012

cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear T2hd-013

cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear T2hd-014

cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear T2hd-015

cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear T2hd-016

#hottoys #terminator #barbie #repurpose #custom #cgl #male #film

2cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:15 am

scalawag

scalawag
Brilliant, they both look great and the photography is top class as usual. The last pic with both figures in it is absolutely spot on mate.

3cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:49 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Nice! Most of the HT Arnies work best with the shades on as it brings out bits of the likeness that just aren't there without them. I think the T1 version and Pops were the only ones where I felt they really nailed Arnie. The DX suffered due to the PERS and the fact that they always had to compromise the likeness to fit around the standard unit. I'm still not sure that there's been a definitive T2 Arnie in 1/6.

CHEERS!

4cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:07 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Excellent. The Terminator series of movies has been pretty great at showing how time travel and causality can't actually help fix a darn thing. Better still how we can both hate and love a character like a T-800, depending what on the situation.
You have done a fantastic job of capturing the Leader of the Resitance and his protector.
Love it !

5cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:25 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Man, fantastic figures. Great looking bike, too.

6cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:49 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is really nice. I remember this from the OSW; cool to see it again. Your Arnie looks awesome on that bike.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear C8485110

7cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:23 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you Paul, Roger, Pontiacvan, PickleMunkey, Stryker2011!

Paul -- I see you have a pretty cool bike photo for your signature, speeder bike that is... Smile

Roger -- I agree to a point; don't think it was usually a problem of the face sculpt (several of the HT renditions are excellent, if slightly different from each other), but rather that the "shades" look is just so iconic, that it is most instantly recognizable.

8cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:59 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Cool figures, indeed. Mighty fine photography, too.

One thing I seem to notice is that this site seems to have rejuvenated a little spark inside that had been fading. I'm excited for a change.

9cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:11 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, dadrab! I suppose I can take credit for the bike and the photography, but the rest is all the work of sixth-scale action figure companies. As for the forum, it is what users make it, but I am happy that it seems to be working out. Let's hope it continues to do so.

10cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Fri May 18, 2018 8:32 am

blackpool

blackpool
How could I miss that!!! Such a legendary pair, and awesome posing, I can totally remember arnie grabbing the kid before his dirt bike gets crushed under the truck hunting them!

Thanks for sharing, I was hesitating between the two young john connor that were released, now the choice is made, definitely grabbing the same as you, the asmus version looks awful in comparison

Now you gotta take them out and shoot some pics on the asphalt!

11cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Fri May 18, 2018 8:40 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Why, thank you, blackpool! Coming from you this is praise indeed. Without being perfect, this is a very decent John Connor.
Real asphalt? I will have to work up to that. Did you think I shot my numerous Arnie flexing poses in the  Detailed Review of M35 on a real beach? Though it was real sand (and that was a real she-dog).

12cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Mon May 21, 2018 9:09 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
I'm glad this was resurrected because I missed it the first time! Awesome looking Terminator, GFan! He looks great on that bike!

13cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Mon May 21, 2018 9:38 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
tankgirlfuzzy wrote:I'm glad this was resurrected because I missed it the first time! Awesome looking Terminator, GFan! He looks great on that bike!

Thank you! I can't take credit for the figures, but I did alter, repaint, and enhance the bike (it started out as a red and grey Barbie bike with extra lights and no saddlebags, etc).

14cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:34 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great pics, figures and bike! John Conner looks fantastic paired there with the Terminator. The one I have is one of my faves. I often go back and revisit this amazing T-2 diorama, no idea who made it, but wow! did he do a great job!

15cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:22 pm

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
@BAM. Mind blown with that amazing armory dio! Thanks for sharing!

@GF. So that's a Barbie Harley, excellent work on the paint job and also those saddlebags.
Which reminds me, after all these years, i have to buy saddlebags for mine.

16cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Great pics, figures and bike! John Conner looks fantastic paired there with the Terminator. The one I have is one of my faves. I often go back and revisit this amazing T-2 diorama, no idea who made it, but wow! did he do a great job!

Thank you very much, I'm delighted you liked them. And thank you for sharing this very cool, impressive, large-yet-compact diorama.

rollotomasi wrote:@GF. So that's a Barbie Harley, excellent work on the paint job and also those saddlebags.
Which reminds me, after all these years, i have to buy saddlebags for mine.

Thank you very much! I'm very glad you liked it. It is a little bit undersized, as usual with supposedly sixth-scale motorcycles, but otherwise allowed for a movie-accurate rendition. They sell some pretty nice sixth-scale saddlebags out there, but at least the last time I checked they were still not movie-accurate or meant for that particular look, so I made my own. It was not too difficult, even back when I was first exploring this hobby.

17cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:46 pm

Diana

Diana
Oh YES!!! T1 was my first ever movie crush (that lasted)! I was 12, dogsitting with a VHS-player at hand. And video cassettes. That movie, followed by the second, blew me away.  cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear 1f60d

Great photos! LOVE the last one! And that base is oddly perfect. Laughing

18cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:25 pm

Chip

I am glad someone mentioned the bike being a little under scaled , it did bug me a bit , but does look good . The custom saddle bags look superb . I am glad someone bumped your post Ian . It`s a great pair of figures and Bike .

19cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:38 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a very cool diorama. Neat video, Dal. Thanks for sharing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear C8485110

20cgl - Terminator 2 figures and gear Empty Re: Terminator 2 figures and gear Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:54 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
rollotomasi wrote:@BAM. Mind blown with that amazing armory dio! Thanks for sharing!

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you very much, I'm delighted you liked them. And thank you for sharing this very cool, impressive, large-yet-compact diorama.

Diana wrote:Oh YES!!! T1 was my first ever movie crush (that lasted)! I was 12, dogsitting with a VHS-player at hand. And video cassettes. That movie, followed by the second, blew me away. Great photos! LOVE the last one! And that base is oddly perfect. Laughing

Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a very cool diorama. Neat video, Dal. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys, really pleased you enjoyed the video as much as I do, and I figured it tied in quite well with the boss's amazing figures bounce bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum