OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

peter the painter

Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. 41554714495_67379ee98b_c100_4256 by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. 27587474427_a30c5693ca_c100_4255_Large_Moment(2) by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. 41554713995_2688e90a5f_b100_4255 (2) by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. Did you have to anchor the bike and side-car in the back to make them look like that? Well done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. C8485110

blackpool

blackpool
phenomenal! I couldn't choose between the black&white or the colored versions, they both have a great atmosphere and ambiance... You should make a thread with all these outstanding shots together, it's exceptional war journalism that you're doing!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another stunning scene! Beautifully done. And I can't help but be reminded of Indiana Jones... Smile

dadrab

dadrab
Learned the hard way about coming off a hill too fast. In a split second, your driver will learn the same lesson. The sidecar passenger will, very shortly, be cussing the driver...in German, of course.

Beautifully done, sir. You have a gift for capturing motion in a static scene. Excellent weathering on the bike and sidecar, too.

Thank you for showing us, Peter.

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:Another stunning scene! Beautifully done. And I can't help but be reminded of Indiana Jones... Smile

Oh man now I wanna put my dr jones & dr jones on it!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Great photography, subject matter and weathering! Do you know the story behind the mould of this particular combi set? I'll tell it below..

blackpool wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Another stunning scene! Beautifully done. And I can't help but be reminded of Indiana Jones... Smile

Funnily enough is was the Indiana Jones movie that's to blame for this model's er..how should I put it..slight inaccuracy? Basically it's a Triumph 21 'Bathtub' 3TA done up to look like (not very convincingly!LOL) a BMW R75 because the company for some bonkers reason (I own this too so I'm not bashing it at all!) decided to just use footage from the Indiana Jones movie as a reference, or pictures of the prop bike instead of a real BMW R75 or a Zundapp KS750. They used the Triumph in the film because fully restored BMW R75's are worth a fortune and like gold dust since most of them were either deep-sixed by the retreating Germans or chopped in half by locals to make little three wheeled flatbed trucks, you can still see those in Greece where I grew up and got to ride a lot of WW2 bikes like the R75, amazing machine, it can get you and a sidecar passenger out of a deep ditch in reverse!! Anyway, I have no idea why they didn't just use a super cheap Ural which is a blatant and abundant KO of the BMW R75/Z KS750 which is still made today in the former USSR and even sold in flea markets! I kid you not, saw them in Athens next to the KO Gucci and Nickon stuff!Laughing
Triumph 21
Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. 13240  

Ural KO
Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. Dog1

Sorry for the massive high-jack Peter, I miss talking about bikes....Crying or Very sad

peter the painter

shovelchop81 wrote:Great photography, subject matter and weathering! Do you know the story behind the mould of this particular combi set? I'll tell it below..

blackpool wrote:

Funnily enough is was the Indiana Jones movie that's to blame for this model's er..how should I put it..slight inaccuracy? Basically it's a Triumph 21 'Bathtub' 3TA done up to look like (not very convincingly!LOL) a BMW R75 because the company for some bonkers reason (I own this too so I'm not bashing it at all!) decided to just use footage from the Indiana Jones movie as a reference, or pictures of the prop bike instead of a real BMW R75 or a Zundapp KS750. They used the Triumph in the film because fully restored BMW R75's are worth a fortune and like gold dust since most of them were either deep-sixed by the retreating Germans or chopped in half by locals to make little three wheeled flatbed trucks, you can still see those in Greece where I grew up and got to ride a lot of WW2 bikes like the R75, amazing machine, it can get you and a sidecar passenger out of a deep ditch in reverse!! Anyway, I have no idea why they didn't just use a super cheap Ural which is a blatant and abundant KO of the BMW R75/Z KS750 which is still made today in the former USSR and even sold in flea markets! I kid you not, saw them in Athens next to the KO Gucci and Nickon stuff!Laughing
Triumph 21
Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. 13240  

Ural KO
Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. Dog1

Sorry for the massive high-jack Peter, I miss talking about bikes....Crying or Very sad

Thanks for your replies guys, no probs shovelchop81", interesting info.

Cheers,

Peter.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Such an awesome image! You really do manage to nail these really high energy scenes, and convey a sense of action and movement.

Shovelchop, really interesting background on the bike. I really don't know a ton on the subject, but growing up, my father actually owned a Triumph dealership. Unfortunately, he sold it before I was anywhere near old enough to get into bikes, but I fondly remember growing up in his old shop, and Triumphs always kind of make me a bit nostalgic.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
no probs shovelchop81", interesting info. wrote:

Another tidbit of info on the bikes in the film that were meant to be R75's without sidecars (which in reality are really difficult to ride as they are weighted to the right because of the axle drive system that connects to the sidecar wheel making them two wheel drive) that were chasing Indie were actually Japanese motocross bikes sort of trying to look like BMWs Laughing They use this method for stunt bikes all the time in films, drives me nuts!

peter the painter

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool. Did you have to anchor the bike and side-car in the back to make them look like that? Well done.

Stryker2011, I didn't anchor the rear of the bike for this shoot, the method I used is shown in sequence below.

Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. 28617508898_8685340f6e_c100_4258 by Peter Miles, on Flickr
Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. 28617508038_92294e833b_c100_4258 (2) by Peter Miles, on Flickr
Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. 28617507768_882f8a272d_c100_4260 by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Done with microsoft paint.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s pretty cool. Thanks for sharing your secret.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool. Did you have to anchor the bike and side-car in the back to make them look like that? Well done.

Stryker2011, I didn't anchor the rear of the bike for this shoot, the method I used is shown in sequence below.

Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. 28617508898_8685340f6e_c100_4258 by Peter Miles, on Flickr
Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. 28617508038_92294e833b_c100_4258 (2) by Peter Miles, on Flickr
Hell's Angels, the closing chapter, photo shoot. 28617507768_882f8a272d_c100_4260 by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Done with microsoft paint.

Cheers,

Peter.

Nice work, I can never get my head around photoshop like programs even though I 'trained' to use them, i.e. left in a lab with series of tasks to learn and complete in a binder two inches thick!! affraid

dadrab

dadrab
Very clever, Peter. You know those are the shots I like the most.

Thank you.

peter the painter

Thanks Gents, for your interest and for your comments.

Cheers,

Peter.

scalawag

scalawag
I have one of these 21Century combos. If you look past the inaccuracies it is actually a very nice bike. I also have the Dragon Zundapp which I have to say is streets apart in detail and a beautiful model, but the 21stC stands up well along side it and is usually a fraction of the cost. Both mine are DAK... of course.
Shovelchop it was interesting to read the origins of the 21st Century errors, I didn't know that is why the bike is the way it is, fascinating.

Paul

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Dynamic on this one ! As the Friends here said before.. they are on the Hunt for Dr. Jones senior and junjor for sure Wink

peter the painter

Ephiane wrote:Great Dynamic on this one ! As the Friends here said before.. they are on the Hunt for Dr. Jones senior and junjor for sure Wink

Thanks Ephiane, glad you liked the pics.

Cheers,

Peter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum