OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stormtroopers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SciFi - Stormtroopers Empty Stormtroopers Thu May 31, 2018 8:39 am

scalawag

scalawag
So, I have been promising pics of me in my new Stormtrooper armour with some of my 1/6 figures, but to date I have not been able to get a "photographer" round to take any pics.   So here is the next best thing, which I am hoping I can sneak in here  Very Happy .

As you can see my display of 1/6 Stormtroopers and Darth Vader have now gotten a new addition.  The left hand stormtrooper is a bandai, and the other a SideShow.  Darth Vader is the H/T ANH version.

My new armour is Shepperton Design Studios Battle Spec armour.  
It is displayed on a half mannequin, so there is actually nothing in the legs Shocked Shocked .  The mannequin is also a little smaller than me so it doesn't quite fit as it should, but it gives you an idea anyway.

I am slowly fitting the armour and making adjustments so that its fit and comfort are improved, and also making some accuracy changes like the canvas belt which I have just added to replace the plastic one which came with the suit.  I am also waiting for a TRamp voice changer to arrive so that I can sound like a stormtrooper too Shocked

SciFi - Stormtroopers JZyzLT8

SciFi - Stormtroopers JuOEbaD

hope you like it, and I will post some pics of the figures with me in the armour as soon as I can get some taken Very Happy

Paul

#starwars #stormtrooper #scifi

2SciFi - Stormtroopers Empty Re: Stormtroopers Thu May 31, 2018 9:08 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I've got the same Shepperton armour on a mannequin too! Got it half price from amazon as some complete idiot who bought it before me had just opened the box, then taped it shut again, then wrote   "I ordered a complete armour set not a DIY KIT!!" on the box itself. How the hell did he imagine you could put it all on in one piece?! Laughing Well saved me a few hundred quid!!

3SciFi - Stormtroopers Empty Re: Stormtroopers Thu May 31, 2018 11:07 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice acquisition, Paul, and nicely presented. Putting it next to your other helmet and the sixth-scale figures was the right decision in so many ways. Just like Shovelchop, it is something you would want to display at all times.

4SciFi - Stormtroopers Empty Re: Stormtroopers Thu May 31, 2018 11:12 am

dadrab

dadrab
shovelchop81 wrote:...as some complete idiot who bought it before me had just opened the box, then taped it shut again, then wrote   "I ordered a complete armour set not a DIY KIT!!" on the box itself.

Beauty may be skin deep, but dumbass goes all the way to the bone.

5SciFi - Stormtroopers Empty Re: Stormtroopers Thu May 31, 2018 12:39 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
THAT. IS. AWESOME!!! I'm sure my mannequins would be impressed!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

SciFi - Stormtroopers C8485110

6SciFi - Stormtroopers Empty Re: Stormtroopers Thu May 31, 2018 12:47 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
That is awesome!

I'm not a dedicated SW fan by any means, but if I could splurge on SW armor I'd probably want a custom Mandalorian battle armor in camo / darker color scehemes. I don't want to be Boba Fett, but I want to be a Mandalorian bounty hunter / enforcer doing my own thing.

7SciFi - Stormtroopers Empty Re: Stormtroopers Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 pm

scalawag

scalawag
shovelchop81 wrote:I've got the same Shepperton armour on a mannequin too! Got it half price from amazon as some complete idiot who bought it before me had just opened the box, then taped it shut again, then wrote   "I ordered a complete armour set not a DIY KIT!!" on the box itself. How the hell did he imagine you could put it all on in one piece?! Laughing Well saved me a few hundred quid!!

Well their loss is your gain mate Wink   I got mine from Amazon too as even the regular price there is over £100 better than buying from SDS direct Shocked  Shocked .  I did splurge out on a set of boots from SDS to go with it though which are very nice soft leather which is essential to stop the grieves from riding up when wearing the armour.  I also bought several neck seals before settling on the SDS one as the most accurate to what is seen on screen and the most comfortable to boot.

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice acquisition, Paul, and nicely presented. Putting it next to your other helmet and the sixth-scale figures was the right decision in so many ways. Just like Shovelchop, it is something you would want to display at all times.

Cheers mate, I couldn't really see this anywhere else to be honest.  A friend donated the mannequin and that was it.  It does still catch me unawares sometimes when I walk in and see it Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

dadrab wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:...as some complete idiot who bought it before me had just opened the box, then taped it shut again, then wrote   "I ordered a complete armour set not a DIY KIT!!" on the box itself.

Beauty may be skin deep, but dumbass goes all the way to the bone.

You know its true mate, some don't have the sense they were born with Rolling Eyes

Stryker2011 wrote:THAT. IS. AWESOME!!! I'm sure my mannequins would be impressed!

Thanks mate I'm glad you like it, it is real fun to wear out in public, I have never had so many pictures taken, and you don't have to smile and look interested when the nutters try to talk to you Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

DeltaForceChung wrote:That is awesome!

I'm not a dedicated SW fan by any means, but if I could splurge on SW armor I'd probably want a custom Mandalorian battle armor in camo / darker color scehemes.  I don't want to be Boba Fett, but I want to be a Mandalorian bounty hunter / enforcer doing my own thing.

I've always been a big Stormtrooper fan so this was logical for me.  I shouldn't but I am already thinking maybe Biker Scout next Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes   I do love the Mandolorian look too though we have a great Boba Fett and Jango Fett who troop with us some times, and a number of other Mandos.

8SciFi - Stormtroopers Empty Re: Stormtroopers Thu May 31, 2018 4:40 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Never actually tried mine on! I'm probably too fat now LOL. Got the boots too and an E11 blaster I built from a kit.

9SciFi - Stormtroopers Empty Re: Stormtroopers Thu May 31, 2018 6:43 pm

scalawag

scalawag
shovelchop81 wrote:Never actually tried mine on! I'm probably too fat now LOL. Got the boots too and an E11 blaster I built from a kit.

Yeah been out in mine twice now, I still need to loose a bit more weight on health grounds so the fit should get better with time as long as I can keep loosing weight. I have a couple more outings in June. I use the E-11 blaster on the shelf beside the armour, its an SDS one that I have detail painted and weathered lightly. It's nice and light for trooping, but I am also now looking at a dlt-19 too I'm reliably informed they are great for leaning on Laughing Laughing Laughing

DeltaForceChung wrote:
scalawag wrote:I do love the Mandolorian look too though we have a great Boba Fett and Jango Fett who troop with us some times, and a number of other Mandos.

--

I'm sure those two are a riot at Father's Day appearances.

Wink Razz

Yep, I guess they would be. Wink

Paul

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum