OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help me, please. What is best female body for ZY TOYS female outfit sets?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

markaus01

Hello everyone. My first post here.
I am seeking any information or advice, on the best fit female body for ZY TOYS female outfits, please?

Also, can anyone advise as to what female body, ZY TOYS uses/has used (particularly their 2015 to 2018 releases), in their female outfit product photos, please?

Thank You.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hello, and welcome.

There are quite a few companies out there making female clothing sets now, so it’s hard to keep track of who makes what. If you have manufacturer pics of what outfits you’re interested in, post them, and we can probably help you figure something out. Right now, just guessing, I would imagine they used a Phicen/TBLeague.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Help me, please. What is best female body for ZY TOYS female outfit sets? C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with what Stryker wrote above. Unless someone has been using ZY clothing (and remembers the company name in relation to them) with a specific body, it would be hard to answer definitively. I did an eBay search for Zy Toys female clothing and noticed that at least some of it is being displayed in the promotional photos on seamless female bodies of the kind produced by TBLeague (formerly Phicen) and Jiaou Doll. So it is a good chance that, on the whole, the clothing would fit such bodies. Remember, with the seamless bodies you can massage/squeeze the rubbery flesh and muscles into sleeves and pant-legs, etc., that appear to be too restrictive at first -- to a point. Jointed bodies would be easier to dress (less resistance on smooth plastic) but, depending on the outfit, the exposed joints might ruin the look. I cannot advise on them (jointed female bodies), as I have not purchased any of those in years, apart from the occasional boxed set.

edwick

edwick
Unfortunately, the answer is "it depends on the outfit." ZY did a set of female suits a while ago which were nicely tailored and were generally pretty good, but they were cut rather small and were really only suitable for some female jointed bodies at the time. The shot below shows the ZY suits on a Kumik-style knockoff body (left), a Verycool jointed body (center), compared with a POP Toys suit on their body (right).

Help me, please. What is best female body for ZY TOYS female outfit sets? 17659168805_e68bf9ace2_z
These Women Mean Business by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

However, that same suit is way too small for a Phicen large bust body (or at least the shirt is):

Help me, please. What is best female body for ZY TOYS female outfit sets? 17295107259_d57422b3c1_z
All Business by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

However, ZY has also done some other sets where the marketing photos put them on a Phicen/TBLeague (mostly stuff like their lingerie or other outfits in that vein). The closest I have is a nurse's outfit that fit pretty well on an S17B Phicen/TBLeague body but I probably wouldn't risk putting it on anything bigger:

Help me, please. What is best female body for ZY TOYS female outfit sets? 35308898903_f4f4f1a19f_z
Hello Nurse by Ed's Toy Box, on Flickr

(And for the record, it's just the dress and hat that are ZY Toys. The stockings on that figure are by HotPlus.)

I think the rule of thumb would be that full clothing sets are for jointed bodies like the Verycool body (or the ones that you can find branded ZY Toys), while skimpier stuff can fit on some kind of Phicen/TBLeague body (though which one is a crapshoot since there are many different body types now and more coming).

markaus01

Stryker2011, GubernatorFan, Edwick: Thank You. I appreciate the response and advice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum