OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best male body/figure for head sculpts with attached necks (and general neck musings)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MarkEl

The neck modification thread by GF got me thinking about the topic of 'necked vs neckless*' head sculpts and their accompanying body choices.  In terms of full disclosure, I overwhelmingly prefer the neckless variety because of the tilt factor and flexibility of posing. They also go on the highly flexible seamless bodies (TBL, Jiaou) and various jointed bodies I have (WorldBox, DAM, HT TTM, Kaustic, etc).  That said, I have an ever growing collection of head sculpts, and I often buy ones of the necked variety because I simply like the work.  Some of these I chop, and others I don't.  The main determining factor for surgery is whether they match in colour one of the mentioned figures once compared in hand.  

The hue that is most problematic for me is pink.  Many of these are based on European and American themed military sculpts.  If a sculpt has a strong pink tone, I find it doesn't match much in my collection.  The closest are the Jiaou natural and wheat, but neither of those are right either.  If Jiaou released the male figure in their pink tone, it might be close enough, but that doesn't seem to be on the horizon  

So, these sculpts will remain necked, and I'm finally to the point of the thread.  I really don't have many bodies that take a necked sculpt (a couple DIDs and some no-names).  DID is ok, but I find the feet constraining as they don't have pegs for shoes.  What body do you recommend for necked head sculpts in terms posing and overall flexibility of use?

*terminology for necks doesn't seem consistent in the hobby, and sellers don't often label them for searching.  I've seen the following:
-Necked, attached neck, with neck, neck attached, integrated neck.
-Neckless, neck-less, no neck, without neck, neck detached, head only.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
World Box is coming out with a new body that has a removable neck.

https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Durable-Soldier-Body-World-Box-1-6-Body-p/wb-at025.htm

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Best male body/figure for head sculpts with attached necks  (and general neck musings) C8485110

MarkEl

Stryker2011 wrote:World Box is coming out with a new body that has a removable neck.

https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Durable-Soldier-Body-World-Box-1-6-Body-p/wb-at025.htm

Thanks Stryker! I forgot about this one being slated for release. WorldBox produces a well made and heavy figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was going to mention World Box's neck-less (or rather removable neck) body. There are also some types of non-(overly)-muscular HT bodies for that. Galac-Tac's body from my de-necking tutorial is neck-less, and has some potential, although it is not my favorite. There is also some sort of unbranded (?), affordable, and pretty decent body I've been picking up from eBay from time to time.* With these bodies you can't really show the figure with an open collar, and with a closed collar the head might be far enough from hands and other exposed skin to not notice the mismatch in color (if any) too much. But it does limit what you can do with them. Have you considered repainting the heads to match the body?

*Just tried to find it. I think it is the one from the links below, which list it as ZY Toys. I am not claiming it is in any way "best," but it seems to do the job and is a very affordable option for figures that you can clothe from head to toe.

link 1

link 2

link 3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum