OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
EDIT: Added some additional details / info and pictures for my squad buddy "Wladislaw".

Smile

"Franko"

--

NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors)

• Arm Sleeve X 1 Pair
• Belt w/ Buckle
• Boots (For Bare Flat Foot) X 1 Pair
• Elbow Armor X 1 Pair
• Female Head Sculpt
• Glove Covering X 1 Pair
• One Piece Fighting Suit
• Packaging
• Socks X 1 Pair
• Sports Bra Top
• Wrist Armor Protector X 1 Pair

* * * NOTE: BODY NOT INCLUDED * * *

The MSRP is approximately $80.00 USD.

The release date is approximately 3RD QTR 2018.

clothes - NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors) Ct013_10

clothes - NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors) Ct013_11

clothes - NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors) Ct013_13

clothes - NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors) Ct013_14

clothes - NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors) Ct013_12

clothes - NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors) Ct013-12

clothes - NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors) Ct013-10

clothes - NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors) Ct013-13

clothes - NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors) Ct013-11

--

#newproduct #female #accessoryset #headsculpt #clothes

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Is all this a new trend or has it long been this way, with similar offerings from different companies, and usually in two variants? It seems like there's an avalanche of these things, which is not really a bad thing, just hard to keep up with.

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
Sadly, as with all things Cat Toys and FGC, they always look decent in prototype form......but only one person gets that one (three guesses, but I think Chung already knows that answer). The mass produced versions don't come anywhere near as nice.

And no, definitely not worth the money. I'd pay retail what these are at dealer cost.....and honestly, I think dealer cost is a bit high. Another reason I don't carry Cat Toys or FGC.

MarkEl

I’m not familiar with the source material here. They remind me of roller derby outfits, so I keep expecting to see wheels on the boots, and they are not there. Wink

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
I like these, and I think they'll work well with the other set that Edwick reviewed here. I would like to have some competitors that wouldn't be dressed in the same outfits.

One little detail I would like to see is a pair of gloves like the MMA fighters wear. The Cy Girl ones I have are getting old!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
DeltaForceChung wrote:Anyone notice how CAT TOYS is able to "get away" with using Felix The Cat as their brand icon?  Does the copyright / license holder(s) for Felix The Cat know of this?

Thanks for adding the additional info.

As far as Felix, the very earliest (silent) cartoons are in the public domain, but DreamWorks took out a copyright on him in 2007. And the cartoon series from the 50s is still held in copyright. So if the copyright holders really wanted, they could raise a stink about the logo.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

clothes - NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors) C8485110

Andrew

Andrew
The Asuka outfit isnt bad at all, looks pretty game accurate, but yet again Cat Toys just seems to pick up a sculpt from the parts bin with no resemblance ot the character.

Similar to the terrible Tekken Anna set from someone. THink it was Flirty Girl. I forget.

Too expensive a set with a head that I wont need, considering I'll have to replace the sculpt with a recognisable Asuka.

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
DeltaForceChung wrote:Anyone notice how CAT TOYS is able to "get away" with using Felix The Cat as their brand icon?  Does the copyright / license holder(s) for Felix The Cat know of this?

Since you brought that up.....does anyone know if those FGC outfits "inspired" by DC heroines and villainesses were halted due to copyright infringement? Or are they still being released?

I had heard that DC wasn't so nice about copyright infringement as some others may be.

Andrew

Andrew
DeltaForceChung wrote:
Andrew wrote:Similar to the terrible Tekken Anna set from someone.  Think it was Flirty Girl. I forget.

--

Yes.

It's the "Anna" set from FGC.

There is a bit of a story behind it.

Years ago Chad / SMcG scored a coup when he managed to convince PHICEN to produce and release "NINA 1.0" based on TEKKEN.

There were early / initial plans to design one or more versions of Nina such as her combat body suit from DEATH BY DEGREES.

The figure sold well, but according to Chad / SMcG at the time PHICEN had other priorities in terms of what they wanted to produce and release.

When FGC / Chad started to involve himself with FGC, the "Anna" set was produced and released.

I always assumed that the Nina was produced in it's "Death by Degrees" outfit because it was such a dud game and a cheap licence and could be gotten cheap instead of the more attractive Tekken one. Time makes me forget things though, I could be wrong and the Tekken purple blue battle suit was actually released without my knowledge.

As to the Anna set, the two parts were pretty decent. Seperately. The head was wrong for the set complelety, featuring two jarringly different art styles. Its a shame as that head was actually nice, and pretty much scuppered because of a boneheaded designer that decided to lump the two together for a quick $$.

A proper 1:6 designer would have used that forties style sculpt in ...I dunno...perhaps a Rosie the rivetter style set instead of trying to pass it off as the anime style used in Tekken.

This Asuka seems much the same. A head picked that has a passing resemblance to rake in a few extra $$

"I don't plan to die," she laughed, flicking the safety off the chrome plated desert eagle, "But if I do, I'll see you in heaven, little brother. I’ll be the one ramming the harp up St Peter’s tight little asspipe.”  

The Life of Lol.

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
Andrew wrote:

A proper 1:6 designer would have used that forties style sculpt in ...I dunno...perhaps a Rosie the rivetter style set instead of trying to pass it off as the anime style used in Tekken.  

This Asuka seems much the same.  A head picked that has a passing resemblance to rake in a few extra $$

Ya'll seem to forget that the "designer" of those brands is still stuck and fascinated with early Cy Girls. His mind is still stuck on old designs and execution. We all may have liked it back then too....since all we had were GIJanes, Dragon Elsas and 21st Century Matildas as our only female choices.

Andrew

Andrew
Perfect Figure Toys wrote:
Andrew wrote:

This Asuka seems much the same.  A head picked that has a passing resemblance to rake in a few extra $$

Ya'll seem to forget that the "designer" of those brands is still stuck and fascinated with early Cy Girls.  His mind is still stuck on old designs and execution.  We all may have liked it back then too....since all we had were GIJanes, Dragon Elsas and 21st Century Matildas as our only female choices.  

Im pretty done with that guy. The last straw was his seeming complete takeover of MWD, not to mention the constant flouting of the "no adverts in the general section" there. Nobody seems willing to address the issue there. I miss Cheri and her admin-ship of that place. This new forum is much better.

The Life of Lol.

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
onesixthwarrior:

You and I known each a very long time in the 1:6 hobby throughout the years.  We've gotten along well, but I observed every time SMcG Customs posts a self-serving post about himself, etc. you're always one of the first to chime in with a positive / supportive post / reply to him.

You and others know my views about him and the brands he constantly promotes to the point of being spam.  In addition, there have been instances of where SMcG Customs integrity has been questioned due to poor customer service / handling of issues.

Does any of that faze you, turn you off, or make you question the transparency of such a vendor or is your perspective simply "If he didn't screw me over, I'm fine and I'll continue to promote / support him." ?

I hope you don't take the preceding observation the wrong way, but you and others known me a very long time to know I'll always be the first to ask a question point blank.

If you personally / truly like whatever they produce, then I get it.  Even I can comprehend that, but I just hope you're not blind / oblivious to the observed and proven issues pertaining to that vendor.  I post / say this from experience as being a blind and devout supporter of a 1:6 brand myself years ago and going through when it all crashed and burned.  I'm embarrassed and cringe about it to this very day. I just don't want another collector to experience what I did and end up being used to further a business agenda (i.e. for the money).

Andrew

Andrew
I support what you said, CHung.

Im not imagining the trolling and the bullying and the browbeating in both the facebook groups and MWD and OSW just to stifle my comments about an FG product. I left both places because of that treatment.

But ... one final comment about that person then I'm done souring this lovely forum with it.

Ask him where he found the artwork for that jacket for Phicen's second Lara Croft figure? The Cradle of Life one. Ask him who provided the link to the somewhat hard to find full rear artwork for that jacket with the tiger on. Not even a thanks, or a reduced price for the damn figure for helping. Nothing. I guess Phicen never even knew who spent a few hours searching through his files and websites for it.

The Life of Lol.

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Hey DFC and Andrew! Sorry it's taken me so long to reply- it's been a long day...

Yes, DFC we go back a long way. I still regret that we didn't meet up at the custom action figure show sponsored by Triad so many years ago. I have always respected your opinions, even though my own may be different. I also appreciate your passion for this hobby.

I wasn't aware that I have been the first to say something positive about every post SMcG makes. Any comments that I may have made aren't intended as a jab or to provoke you in any way. It's not my job to advocate for him or his products. I will say that I've purchased from him since the Cy Girl days, though not in the volume that I've purchased from other on-line vendors.

As an admin on MWD, I don't think it's appropriate for me to discuss particulars of a member in a public venue unless there has been a transgression towards the forum or other member. What is public is his feedback on MWD: all of it is positive, including from Andrew. His eBay feedback is 100% positive. I'm not saying this to defend him; I just don't see the need for me to intervene or participate in any actions or complaints you may have with him or his products.

At this point I'm neutral.

Rest assured that I am not a brand loyalist in this or any other hobby. When I post reviews, I try to be as informative as I can for readers, It's not about being a cheerleader for a brand, it's about giving other hobbyists useful information. Any brand has to earn my business, and the same is true of vendors.

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
onesixthwarrior wrote: What is public is his feedback on MWD: all of it is positive, including from Andrew.

There were plenty of bad reviews of that guy in other forums but for some reason they always have a habit of "disappearing". And then the author usually gets a warning from the admins.

Many have their own stories to tell.....I could write a novel about him. Chung could start a monthly series. All of my distributors have had issues with him and there are lots of people I have come in contact with over the years who can say the same. Whenever something is said, it gets swept away and buried.

I also think as a general nature, most people don't wanna start a war or upset the herd. They'd rather just chalk it up to a "loss" and go about their day.

With current events what they are, I guess we can always start a "me too" movement when it comes to "that guy". Knowledge is power, and as Mulder says, "the truth is out there".

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Again, my role is not to defend him, and I can't speak to forums I don't visit. DFC and Andrew weren't always against this guy, and in Andrew's case, wrote very positive reviews of him. DFC has defended him publicly, and has even endorsed him on at least one forum. He's provided product support for people who have purchased their figures from other vendors.

Maybe he's tough to deal with in business, maybe some of his prices are crazy (I know at least some are). A lot of the same things are true of other vendors and suppliers in the hobby. I'm not condoning any of this, but I won't participate in a public vendetta against one who happens to have run afoul of a vocal group.

I can't speak for other forums, but reviews don't get erased under my watch. They're an important part of the discussion, even unfair ones.

Andrew

Andrew
Its not all good feedback.

Far from it.

I dont know if mine was deleted as it was by the admin at OSW, but mine highlighted the lack of interest in replacing/dealing with a defective headsculpt, the rudeness, the browbeating and the trolling and bullying attitude of the man when challenged. A bullying and trolling that spread over multiple forums and that contained insults to two good true friends Chung and Anthony.

I dont know which MWD admin removed a post he made which was directed squarely at bullying me even further, buw whoever it was felt strongly enough about his post there to delete it. So obviously there are known problems, correct?

But TBH I'm moving past all that. I'm even moving past the hackneyed insulting nature of the products he designs for Flirty Girl, despite having not one ounce of design skill or fashion sense. And like any other talentless charlatan, when he's questioned about it, he's like a guard dog backed into a corner. Dangerous and very vicious. I do have screenshots of every conversation for evidence in case folks question my integrity (which they are entitled to do of course)

That doesn't much matter any more. The folks of 1:6 are informed and savvy enough that they'll see through a talentless hack eventually.

But what utterly sickens me is his almost complete takeover of MWD, and his constant flouting of the "no adverts" rule in general junque. Its all the time. Advert after advert. And it clearly say "no adverts"

In fact, until around the time poor Cheri sadly passed, the man was thankfully banned from that area (for posting adverts in General Junque). It seemed to be only with her passing that he wormed his way back into the general area with his constant spamming adverts breaking a rule that everyone else is allowed to adhere to.

I get that its above your security clearance, Greg, and I get that its hard being the only (unpaid) mod and nobody wants to know about problems, including rule breaking and bullying. I used to like the place. Poor sweet Cheri's death and the nasty rat moving back in straight away forced me to say goodbye to some good solid friends and a place I loved, purely for my own sanity.

The Life of Lol.

Perfect Figure Toys

Perfect Figure Toys
onesixthwarrior wrote:Again, my role is not to defend him, and I can't speak to forums I don't visit. DFC and Andrew weren't always against this guy, and in Andrew's case, wrote very positive reviews of him. DFC has defended him publicly, and has even endorsed him on at least one forum.  He's provided product support for people who have purchased their figures from other vendors.

Maybe he's tough to deal with in business, maybe some of his prices are crazy (I know at least some are). A lot of the same things are true of other vendors and suppliers in the hobby.  I'm not condoning any of this, but I won't participate in a public vendetta against one who happens to have run afoul of a vocal group.

I can't speak for other forums, but reviews don't get erased under my watch.  They're an important part of the discussion, even unfair ones.

That's a very jaded viewpoint I must admit.  

Andrew, Chung and myself at one point in our lives, yes, all were friends with Chad and backed him on several occasions.  That was the PAST.  This is the present.  What Chad WAS and what he has become are two totally separate individuals.  The guy I used to call my friend stabbed me in the back by trying to destroy my business by trashing me to vendors, trying to get suppliers and vendors to not work with me, by messaging customers of mine to sway them over to his site instead of mine, and by even hopping on my sales posts and trying to offer better prices if they buy from him instead.  And that's just for starters.  The stories I have on what he's done to OTHER retailers is just as bad and then there's his issues with factories and vendors in China/HK!  
I'll let Chung speak on that if he wants.  

Sure he's provided support......he likes to keep up a facade to the general public.  He's a snake charmer.  If you're a customer, or a potential customer, he will show you lots of love.  But if you need to return something?  Or have a gripe about one of his products?   Good luck.  Shipping issues?  Instead of doing like any business SHOULD do, and take care of as the sender, he makes the customer take care of the leg work.  Don't believe me?  Ask.....that person is here in fact in this forum.  And he did eventually help.....after several emails were ignored and the customer posted about it in a public forum.  

Let's also bring up the fact that he's been banned in several FB groups (not just mine), and several online forums.  

I think I've said enough for now, but it seems your mind is already made up by your words of defense.  

I used to be a regular member at MWD like Andrew and Chung......I go back to when it started in 2000, by Mark Volk.  It was a good place then but then the crazies took over.  And guys like Chad started poisoning everyone.  I made an attempt to re-enter once I started business because I wanted to let everyone know what I was doing, and to give them a viable option of a retailer who actually DOES care about the customer moreso than the profit or the recognition.  I don't spam the place like Mr. Vania does across the forum, I will post in the dealers section.....where it's supposed to be, and not all over the general section....... because I like to follow rules, protocol and common sense.  I don't care for spreading propaganda to further my cause.  

Sorry for taking the discussion this way Stryker2011.....not my intention but when it comes to the current subject matter, it's not one I care for lightly.

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
I am so sorry about all of this, Andrew. If I owned MWD (and I wish I did- I'm not even sure if it's still in the hands of the original owner and I haven't been able to reach him), things would be different.

His promotions in the general section are the most common complaint I get. At some point somebody added a loophole to the rule, and that's how he's able to do it. First thing I would do is eliminate it, and make the rule simple and clear.

In the meantime we've lost the contribution of a cherished and long-time member, a very talented one. A great loss to the forum.

I miss Cheri, and our discussions about figures and story writing. I remember sending her a link to MWD. Can you believe I had a months long running disagreement about her with other hobbyists and close friends that's very similar to the one we're having now? They may have had some legitimate complaints, but they were peeved that I didn't participate in the on-line thrashing they were giving her.

You're right that Cheri was decisive- she levelled a life-time ban on our mutual friend. I didn't know there is such a thing. Every time I've asked about reaching out to him to ask him back, the answer is NO- Cheri banned him.

Those are some really seriously vile tactics you describe, Raiden. I wish you had communicated them to me on MWD; I would have dealt with this directly. This is bigger than deleting a post or a thread. I don't know that I can do anything based on what's been said here. Cross-forum disagreements get very sticky- and I apologise to this forum's mods.

https://www.onesixthsagas.com/

Andrew

Andrew
The last interaction I had with her was when she sent me a Triad Amber head for free because she knew I loved it.

"I need her to have a nice home"  she said.  She knew.  Month later we got that message.  

I know first hand how tricky it can be to have complaints and no power to deal with stuff.  

maybe I shall return to MWD someday. Maybe. I kinda miss stuff there.

The Life of Lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum