OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

onesixthwarrior

Yes, that's how I remember her too.

You're always welcome at MWD, Andrew. Every forum seems to have its own"feel". It's good to have various ones in the hobby.

https://www.onesixthsagas.com/

Perfect Figure Toys

Per Stryker2011's request, I didn't respond with what I was typing. But I did send you a reply Onesixthwarrior directly, just to keep it clear of this post.

And no.....it's not an attack of any sorts.

http://www.perfectfiguretoys.com

DeltaForceChung

I don't have anything more to add to the discussion asides from what others have said.

I've always been very blunt, direct, and truthful about how I feel regarding 1:6 products and vendors. Am I right 100% of the time?  No.  However, I'll never BULL$%^& anyone about my perspective / position.

I too have been on the devout defender / follower bandwagon previously.  It's like a 1:6 version of Scientology.  I'm sure some of you will get what I'm referencing.

Friendship / loyalty is not what it used from back in the day.  Some of us do.

It gets a bit dicey to say the least if one is an admin / mod in such circumstances.  It's expected one needs to have a balanced perspective on such things.  Based on my experiences, I've seen that abused and manipulated across a variety of 1:6 discussion groups.  I'll be the first person to post / say that I am biased on a variety of perspectives at times.  Then again, there are those who take the path of least resistance and/or obliviously look the other way.  That's life.

The context and intent is not to make everyone feel bad.  Far from it.  Call it transparency or whatever.

That's that.

ravrohan

Sorry to necro this, but it's directly related to the clothing set and this discussion.

Being new, I'm reading a lot of product reviews and announcements like this one to get a feel for the different companies. This outfit was something I was really interested in for a custom, but with regards to what I've read here I have my doubts now. Is the company and quality of their products something I should generally avoid? Has anyone picked this up that can provide pictures?

Considering the cost and now my worries, I'm considering looking for someone who can do a custom order.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cat Toys can be hit or miss... sometimes. I have some of their stuff, and I find it’s fine. Without going into too much of a lengthy back-story, there is a person behind-the-scenes that many find unscrupulous, which oft times colors their opinions of the product.

As far as this set, I don’t believe they are available, yet. Of all the things in it, I really like the head sculpt. Very cute.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT | CAT TOYS | CAT-013A (RED) & CAT-013B (BLUE) | 1:6 Female Character Set (Two Colors) - Page 2 C8485110

ravrohan

I see, I mostly want the jacket/shorts piece, though the hands are nice too.  If they're hit or miss maybe I should keep looking.

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:Cat Toys can be hit or miss... sometimes. I have some of their stuff, and I find it’s fine. Without going into too much of a lengthy back-story, there is a person behind-the-scenes that many find unscrupulous, which oft times colors their opinions of the product.

As far as this set, I don’t believe they are available, yet. Of all the things in it, I really like the head sculpt. Very cute.

Thanks for that input, following the thread it sounds like cat toys is producing (censored) only, which is in fact totally false... Each has his own experience, mine is made from several sets and figures I got from them, the spy, carol from TWD, and their ghost in the shell figure that is 10X better than threezero's poor attempt at this character...

I know that opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, but that really makes me step back when I read the things said here and stated as a holy truth (even more when it comes from people stockpiling boxes without never opening a figure)
Just as seeing people ganging on a brand or a vendor makes me want to throw up, bashing quite everything released, hunting so called "brand loyalists" like witches... What a sad way to enjoy the hobby.

And about MWD, it might not be perfect but what is, still it's a quiet and peaceful place which is priceless to me.

navetsea

oh it is asuka.... cosplayer

ravrohan

blackpool wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Cat Toys can be hit or miss... sometimes. I have some of their stuff, and I find it’s fine. Without going into too much of a lengthy back-story, there is a person behind-the-scenes that many find unscrupulous, which oft times colors their opinions of the product.

Thanks for that input, following the thread it sounds like cat toys is producing (censored) only, which is in fact totally false... Each has his own experience, mine is made from several sets and figures I got from them, the spy, carol from TWD, and their ghost in the shell figure that is 10X better than threezero's poor attempt at this character...

I know that opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, but that really makes me step back when I read the things said here and stated as a holy truth (even more when it comes from people stockpiling boxes without never opening a figure)
Just as seeing people ganging on a brand or a vendor makes me want to throw up, bashing quite everything released, hunting so called "brand loyalists" like witches... What a sad way to enjoy the hobby.

And about MWD, it might not be perfect but what is, still it's a quiet a peaceful place which is priceless to me.

Thanks for posting a different perspective on everything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum