OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ghost in the Shell - Major - CAT TOYS (slight nudity)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blackpool

blackpool
As there is a thread about the potential Threezero version of major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, I thought it could be useful to share some pics of the CAT TOYS take at the same character.

The outfit is nicely tailored even if it doesnt have a lot of detailings, the shoes are made of leather with wool gaiters, and the jumpsuite is tight but not restrictive for posing.

The headsculpt is the positive surprise of that offer, Cat toys went the rooted way for the hair, and the result is beyond my expectations, I didn't have to work it as much as some hot toys to get an accurate look. The eyes have the HT gloss which adds some realism, and the headsculpt itself has a great likeness, my guess is it's a clone from the HT civil war one.

The big let down of the figure are her accessories, an automatic rifle looking good from far but cheaply molded in one single piece, not what we usually expect at that size. You can't take of the mag or anything, which is surprizing as the side pistol has these features... it is still cheap execution too.
In the same way there two lower leg armor pieces that have a nice shape but a very cheap finishing for the strap and the color (I discarded them 10mn after unboxing lol)

CatToys - Ghost in the Shell - Major - CAT TOYS (slight nudity) Ghostintheshell_01

CatToys - Ghost in the Shell - Major - CAT TOYS (slight nudity) Ghostintheshell_02

CatToys - Ghost in the Shell - Major - CAT TOYS (slight nudity) Ghostintheshell_03

CatToys - Ghost in the Shell - Major - CAT TOYS (slight nudity) Ghostintheshell_04

CatToys - Ghost in the Shell - Major - CAT TOYS (slight nudity) Ghostintheshell_05

CatToys - Ghost in the Shell - Major - CAT TOYS (slight nudity) Ghostintheshell_06

CatToys - Ghost in the Shell - Major - CAT TOYS (slight nudity) Ghostintheshell_07

CatToys - Ghost in the Shell - Major - CAT TOYS (slight nudity) Ghostintheshell_08

CatToys - Ghost in the Shell - Major - CAT TOYS (slight nudity) Ghostintheshell_09

#ghostintheshell #custom #film #cattoys

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'm betting ThreeZero's customers are wishing they'd got this instead!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. I’m one of the idiots who POd the 3Z one; now I’ll have to replace the HS. Might skip a ScarJo head and get an actual Asian girl HS and give her a haircut.

By the way, excellent photos. Really well done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

CatToys - Ghost in the Shell - Major - CAT TOYS (slight nudity) C8485110

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I love the outfit but I feel like the face looks too big for the head? If it were me, I'd take the costume and reroot a HT Black Widow head instead. XD

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I didn't see the film, but I still appreciate the recreation of the scenes. Beautiful work as always, and obviously a product one can do a lot with. I did pick up a loose head CAT head sculpt. And are those more sensible ankles on that female body (the jointed one)? Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic ! At the first two pictures i thought that was movie sequences. Great Effects and Light

brassco

brassco
one of my favorite recreation! I would ps the joints if i were you. nice seeing them again!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, I love the look of these photos! Super atmospheric, and especially with the lighting, you really nail the feel of Ghost in the Shell. I have to admit, I'm just not a fan of that head sculpt. I'm with Lynkhart that a re-rooted Black Widow head would be awesome, or Stryker2011's suggestion to use an Asian HS and go back to the series roots would be a great way to go too. Otherwise, the outfit and accessories look perfect, and I love the whole set up of her gearing up. The "floating" shots looks straight out of the original animated movie. What is the light up disk you have in a few of the shots? It fits right in with the GitS aesthetic, and the way it shines from below is such a cool lighting effect.

wardog_001

wardog_001
wow damn fine job one of my favorite anime shows for along time

dadrab

dadrab
No idea about the character, but I know a cool figure when I see one.

Mighty fine work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum