OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14503411

WGRtoys 002 Iron Artillery (Team Artillery Captain)

Parts List:
Head carving: *1
Hand type: *3
Element: *1
Cloth (medium clothes): *1
Small trousers (pants): *1
Black head pocket ( metal ): *1
Black with full armor ( metal ): *1
World Sleeve ( Metal Shoulderplate ): *2
褬 之 之 (waist): *1
Cage ( Metal ) : *2
Jingle ( metal leggings ): *2
Grass shoes ( real material sandals ): *2
Long threat ( metal warfare knife ): *1
Iron Cannon: ( Solid Wood + Metal )*1
Fire rope: *1
Chaos: (Ammunition Pack) *1
Bamboo tube (water tube): *1
Fire Bag: *1
Mouth medicine (fire pot): *1
Early morning box (fixed gunpowder): *5
Yu box ( solid wood ammunition box ): *1
Soldier Bags: *1
Flags (back-flag): (Ida House)*1

Cut-off time 2018/July 10
Expected to ship in the fourth quarter of 2018

WGRtoys 002 Samurai gunner group

Head Sculpt * 1
Hands * 3 pairs
Artculated body *1
Nunoko *1
Trousers *1
Helmet *1
Bucket sided body *1
Current sleeve *2
Waist cord *1
Tegai gauntlet *2
Striped shin guard *2
Straw sandals *2
Sword *1
Matchlock *1
Slow match *1
Ammo pouch *1
Bamboo tube *1
Tinder pack *1
Priming powder box *1
Quick Loading cartridge *5
Solid wood ammunition bo *1
Ration bags *1
Sticking banner ornaments *1

Pre-order closes at 10th July 2018
Delivery at the 4th quarter of 2018.

military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14504011
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14504311
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14504911
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14505211
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14505711
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14505911
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14510611
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14510911
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14511611
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14512211
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14512711
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14513011
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14513811
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14514511
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14514811
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14515511
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14515711
military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) 14520311

#newproduct #Japanese #Military #historical #male #artillery

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's a "Death Star Trooper"! Finally! Just kidding, but you can see where the famous cheese-grater helmet gets its origin. Very nice looking set. Like the others of its kind, it is tempting me to enter yet another subgenre of sixth-scale collecting.

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Like the others of its kind, it is tempting me to enter yet another subgenre of sixth-scale collecting.

There are some very good Samurai and Japanese soldiers now, but it's a whole new area that I'm gong to resist getting into. Same with the Chinese and Mongol armies - the latter have looked really good.

But I'd rather stay with more familiar historical subjects, such as Romans and Celts, and the European medieval era that I feel myself branching into with the announcement of PopToys' Jeanne d'Arc.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Asta, I agree. I feel that if I started to pick up all these cool ancient/medieval Asian military/historical figures, I'd run out of money in a couple of weeks. There will be so much to catch up with, too, with figures now hard to find and expensive. I also think fewer of these make it out to the USA (and Europe?) than the pop culture and "western" (including Greco-Roman) items.

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:Asta, I agree. I feel that if I started to pick up all these cool ancient/medieval Asian military/historical figures, I'd run out of money in a couple of weeks. There will be so much to catch up with, too, with figures now hard to find and expensive. I also think fewer of these make it out to the USA (and Europe?) than the pop culture and "western" (including Greco-Roman) items.

Definitely.

I don't like having to catch up on lines. I've very rarely gone back and bought a Hot Toys figure that's long sold out at retail. With the speed at which sixth scale offerings are coming it's also probable that the longer you wait the better the figure you'll end up with.

This seems to be the case with CooModel's knights. I've held out so far, but the Gothic Knight looks a big improvement, and the upcoming Milanese even more so.

At some point the quality must surely peak and level out though. The advances over the last 20 years have been staggering when you look back.

1999 was the turning point, when Dragon and BBI were making military figures in a quality that eclipsed their predecessors (GI Joe/Action Man) and I suddenly became aware that this was a hobby I wanted to get into.

JohnByng

I prefer the Chinese, Korean, Mongol figures but only because their armour was very influential on the other peoples of the time and therefore has a crossover potential that Japanese armour doesn't.

I hadn't thought of Japanese origins for the Star Wars helmets and armour, but now I see it!

I REALLY like the headsculpt on this figure!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Well I've got loads of 1/6 samurai related figures but none with a matchlock yet, very tempting as long as he's cheap since it certainly not a high quality figure by today's standards but passable enough to fit in my collection. Just how much match cord does a soldier need? I don't know the burn rate of a Japanese matchlock cord but he looks like he has a months worth on his arm!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
JohnByng wrote:
I hadn't thought of Japanese origins for the Star Wars helmets and armour, but now I see it!

Pretty early on, after the success of the first Star Wars, Lucas talked of the influence of Akira Kurosawa’s films on it, particularly The Hidden Fortress.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) C8485110

JohnByng

Stryker2011 wrote:
JohnByng wrote:

Pretty early on, after the success of the first Star Wars, Lucas talked of the influence of Akira Kurosawa’s films on it, particularly The Hidden Fortress.

I should watch some more Kurosawa films. I enjoyed the ones I saw but that was years ago.

JohnByng

shovelchop81 wrote:Well I've got loads of 1/6 samurai related figures but none with a matchlock yet, very tempting as long as he's cheap since it certainly not a high quality figure by today's standards but passable enough to fit in my collection. Just how much match cord does a soldier need? I don't know the burn rate of a Japanese matchlock cord but he looks like he has a months worth on his arm!

I imagine matchlocks were pretty unreliable and the match may not be reliable either, so maybe they carried a lot of it as much would be lost to wastage?

Ephiane

Ephiane
I´m not good in Hystorie, but i think a normal asian Soldier will not use a Sword like this. That is a high Quality weapon for a Samurai, isn´t it ?

shazzdan

shazzdan
Ephiane wrote:I´m not good in Hystorie, but i think a normal asian Soldier will not use a Sword like this. That is a high Quality weapon for a Samurai, isn´t  it ?

Some katana were cheap pieces of mass produced steel and others were hand crafted by a master craftsman - just like all swords at the time. There would be no problem with a soldier carrying a katana so long as it wasn't paired with a wakizashi, the pair (called daishō) was only permitted to the samurai class.

shazzdan

shazzdan
shovelchop81 wrote:Well I've got loads of 1/6 samurai related figures but none with a matchlock yet, very tempting as long as he's cheap since it certainly not a high quality figure by today's standards but passable enough to fit in my collection. Just how much match cord does a soldier need? I don't know the burn rate of a Japanese matchlock cord but he looks like he has a months worth on his arm!

British match cord was made from flax or hemp and treated with a chemical such as potassium nitrate to make it burn slowly. Slow burn is about a foot an hour. Japanese match cord was made of braided cypress bark and it burned faster than British match cord but I don't know the burn rate. You would have to double the burn rate on the battlefield because many soldiers lit both ends of the match at the same time. Sometimes the flash of the gun would extinguish the match and they needed the other end to light it again.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Ephiane wrote:I´m not good in Hystorie, but i think a normal asian Soldier will not use a Sword like this. That is a high Quality weapon for a Samurai, isn´t  it ?

The troops are ashigaru there is of course a hierarchy like in any army, generals, lords and so on. The foot soldiers had the right to wear katana and they are usually seen with yari (pole arms) and naginata etc... as primary weapons as a bow would be to a mounted samurai, katana were considered secondary weapons and not as important or as widely used in battle as the films like us to think.

military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) Strings_for_night_firing

military - NEW PRODUCT: WGRtoys 1/6 Japan Warring States Series - Iron Artillery Chess Iron Artillery Armor and Weapon Metal Solid Wood (#wgr002) The_Ieyasu_Parade_by_sachakun_3

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
shazzdan wrote:

British match cord was made from flax or hemp and treated with a chemical such as potassium nitrate to make it burn slowly. Slow burn is about a foot an hour. Japanese match cord was made of braided cypress bark and it burned faster than British match cord but I don't know the burn rate. You would have to double the burn rate on the battlefield because many soldiers lit both ends of the match at the same time. Sometimes the flash of the gun would extinguish the match and they needed the other end to light it again.

A lot faster if the figure is anything to go by! LOL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum