OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Useful items for sixth-scale environments (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Indeed I'm glad you're feeling better too and great looking oil drums.


_________________
View user profile
Pontiacivan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Damn Pontiacivan, that's scary as hall.  Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Your chicken barrels are fantastic.  I might have to grab a few cans and give it a try.

And I have one of those mini flexi lights too! I knew it had 1/6 scale sci-fi uses as soon as I saw it, although I've yet to actually work it into anything.

Gooseneck microphone on a podium? Very Happy

A microphone that would also do that great flashlight-under-the-chin-telling-ghost-stories-around-the-campfire effect?! I think you may have stumbled on a 1:1 scale million $ idea!

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
Thanks for the photos and insights, Pontiacvan!


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
I am finding it increasingly difficult to get to Hobby Lobby because they’re two hours away and across the US Border.  Worse, they are closed on Sunday, which would be my best chance for a daytrip to the US.  Finally I got there again, being prompted btw, by a post in “the old place” where Badwolf-787 showed off a bunch of Hobby Lobby bottles including one kind I didn’t have (with the cool brass labels). (Thanks).

So anyway, I got those, but also found an unexpected treasure in the “Explorer” collection:  48 very varied 1/6 coins (base price $9.99, plus 50% off).  They are shown here side by side with some of my other 1/6 currency.  The other coins are from earrings or paperweights. The paper money is from HT Joker and from DAM GK.  Somewhere I also have some 1/6 Roman coins (from earrings) but can’t find them.  

The actual 48 coins currently available at Hobby Lobby for $5 (use a coupon) are the ones on the white stand.  You can get the Chinese coins at Hobby Lobby also, but you have  to buy a $2.49 bag with 18 coins in three sizes S/M/L and only the 6 small ones are usable 1/6.





View user profile

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
These are super cute. That border/rim is a tad too pronounced but still. Very cool find. I will try to keep it in mind next time I'm there. I will try to not point out that they are a bit large for real 1/6 scale... rats, I did it again! But it won't keep me from getting some if they are available. Also looks like you did manage to find the bottle type you were looking for.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
GubernatorFan wrote:These are super cute. That border/rim is a tad too pronounced but still. Very cool find. I will try to keep it in mind next time I'm there. I will try to not point out that they are a bit large for real 1/6 scale... rats, I did it again! But it won't keep me from getting some if they are available. Also looks like you did manage to find the bottle type you were looking for.

Well, the Hobby Lobby set contains 4 different coins -- small silver, small bronze, large silver and large bronze.  The small ones are fine.  The small bronze coin may be only minimally oversized for a Penny, and if need be you can assume the small silver "dime" is a 1/6 quarter or 50 cent piece.  So that's 24 coins you can use unreservedly.  The other 24 coins may have to be Commemorative Medallions or something.  I probably exaggerated the rim trying to light them so the detail would show.  I imagine I would use all of the coins for treasure chest or something, but in the figure's hand I would use only the small ones.  Still smaller than the 1/6 coin they gave Two-Face, I believe.

BTW the coins in the paperweight actually are perfect 1/6 US coins, better scaled, and way more accurate, and in all six denominations.  They can be found online as actual loose coins, though the set I came across has them sealed in plastic paperweight.

View user profile

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
Thanks for the clarification! As I said, I'd be looking for some of these at Hobby Lobby (and I won't complain I have to drive 25 minutes to get there, now that the one in my town closed, seeing that you have hours to drive and an international border to cross) and online. Smile


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
Here's a better look at the previously existing 1/6 coins - admittedly, better scaled (still not perfect) and more detail-accurate than the ones I just got at Hobby Lobby.  

I only have these inside the keychain, but they can be found loose online, I just never got around to it.  The Hobby Lobby ones are far cheaper and convenient, though strictly speaking only the smaller coins in the set are actual 1/6 scale for currency US coins.

View user profile

Stryker2011

avatar
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Here's a better look at the previously existing 1/6 coins - admittedly, better scaled (still not perfect) and more detail-accurate than the ones I just got at Hobby Lobby.  

I only have these inside the keychain, but they can be found loose online, I just never got around to it.  The Hobby Lobby ones are far cheaper and convenient, though strictly speaking only the smaller coins in the set are actual 1/6 scale for currency US coins.



Okay. Do I need to be logged in to OSW to see what MBAM is posting? All I can see is the new text he’s posting.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
Stryker2011 wrote:Okay. Do I need to be logged in to OSW to see what MBAM is posting? All I can see is the new text he’s posting.

Gubernator Fan helpfully tells me that links to the OSW gallery can only be seen over here if you have an account over there and are logged in, same apparently applies to Google Photos. I'll switch my pic usage out of OSW Gallery but it may take a day or two, I've only just found out about OSF. In the meantime, bro, thanks for the heads up, and much thanks for wanting to see my pics while you can't.

View user profile
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Okay. Do I need to be logged in to OSW to see what MBAM is posting? All I can see is the new text he’s posting.

Gubernator Fan helpfully tells me that links to the OSW gallery can only be seen over here if you have an account over there and are logged in, same apparently applies to Google Photos.  I'll switch my pic usage out of OSW Gallery but it may take a day or two, I've only just found out about OSF.  In the meantime, bro, thanks for the heads up, and much thanks for wanting to see my pics while you can't.

Nope. I just logged in to OSW and can't see any of your pics. I then opened up the thread in question and still can't see any pics here.

FWIW I have the latest issue of US currency here.
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/495565045/16-scale-miniature-play-money-us-100

Davinator did a little review
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/854993-shazzdan-mre-water-purifier-etc-etsy-shop-called-onesixtharsenal.html




_________________
More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal
View user profile https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
I do hope that MBAM will eventually get around to displaying these photos here independent of OSW, so that you can view them. However, shazzdan's comment makes me wonder if something extra is in play. We had a bit of a similar situation with another user who couldn't post messages due to interference by his virus protection software.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
GubernatorFan wrote:I do hope that MBAM will eventually get around to displaying these photos here independent of OSW, so that you can view them. However, shazzdan's comment makes me wonder if something extra is in play. We had a bit of a similar situation with another user who couldn't post messages due to interference by his virus protection software.

Links above updated to Flickr, hopefully that works going forward. Thanks for the help.

View user profile

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Links above updated to Flickr, hopefully that works going forward.  Thanks for the help.

Thank you! They work for me (but then again, they did before, too). Hope this fixes the problem some viewers had.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

avatar
Founding Father
Hey. I can see the pics. Cool stuff, MoonbaseAlphaMale. Some pretty neat stuff.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
Stryker2011 wrote:Hey. I can see the pics. Cool stuff, MoonbaseAlphaMale. Some pretty neat stuff.

Thanks much. Teaser: if you haven't seen them before, you may really like some stuff I'm going to show probably tomorrow morning.

View user profile
Your welcome MBAM, I really like little bottles with the brass labels too. Indeed you have some very cool stuff there and I see
you have the little green ink well.


_________________
View user profile
Wow! There's so many cool and interesting items.

Here's mine, I got this little fella from a Gashapon machine (capsule toy), similar to those gum-ball dispensers. They're very abundant in Japan (and a few in Asia), they come in various categories (keychains, pins, fridge magnets, miniature toys). This little bunny came with a little cup he can sit in.


(This is an old (temporary) outfit. Cara's undergoing some changes at the moment, I'll post the completed new look (in another thread) once I have everything ready.)


(Source: GachaShop)



Here's another that might work, a fingerboard. Though I don't have it in hand yet, I suspect it might be a little under-sized. I looked at the 1:1 skateboard dimensions and tried converting the size to scale, seems to run a little too small. But I've ordered one to see, will post any updates once I have it in hand.


(Souce: from WikiHow)

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums
Fox915 wrote:Here's another that might work, a fingerboard. Though I don't have it in hand yet, I suspect it might be a little under-sized. I looked at the 1:1 skateboard dimensions and tried converting the size to scale, seems to run a little too small. But I've ordered one to see, will post any updates once I have it in hand.


(Souce: from WikiHow)

Cara looks great, the bunny is cute.  There are three sizes of mini skateboards.  The smallest (in your pic) is slightly undersized but it could be a 1/6 smaller or child-sized board.  The medium one (slightly longer, pointier shape in the pic below) is about right.  They make one 10" tall that would be surfboard sized, could be used as the carriage for some kind of vehicle.

View user profile
Thank you MBAM, I really appreciate your pictures for comparison.

This was the actual one I ordered. Fingers crossed it's different to the one in the example (from WikiHow). On a side note, after looking at the size provided by the seller, I drew and cut out a paper mock up to get a feel for the size, it seems passable, or might just be 10-20% smaller than scale. Well, I hope it'll work, the new look I have for Cara is something of a skater girl, this skateboard would really be a cool accessory for her.

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
Thank you Fox and MBAM for posting these items. Cara and the bunny are super cute, together or separately. And I think you will find use for that skateboard. If it really is that undersized, plop a mini teddy bear on it (there are several versions of Ted).


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
I have a couple of those fingerboards and they are too small for 1:6. Even the medium one with the pointy nose is a little too small. It is frustrating trying to find stuff that is just the right size.


_________________
More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal
View user profile https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal
GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you Fox and MBAM for posting these items. Cara and the bunny are super cute, together or separately. And I think you will find use for that skateboard. If it really is that undersized, plop a mini teddy bear on it (there are several versions of Ted).

Thank you GF, I love that idea.

shazzdan wrote:I have a couple of those fingerboards and they are too small for 1:6. Even the medium one with the pointy nose is a little too small. It is frustrating trying to find stuff that is just the right size.

Oh I see  Crying or Very sad , thank you for confirming Shazzdan.

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums
shazzdan wrote:I have a couple of those fingerboards and they are too small for 1:6. Even the medium one with the pointy nose is a little too small. It is frustrating trying to find stuff that is just the right size.

Well, actually, No. When people get into "scale police" mode, sometimes it goes too far the other way. Not giving you a hard time shazzdan, I've done the same thing myself. But the pointy fingerboard is exactly 5" so that it represents 30" in 1/6. The average length of an adult board is 28" to 32" https://www.warehouseskateboards.com/blog/2017/11/22/size-skateboard-need/ -- therefore the pointy board is dead-on perfect centre.

The more commonly available smaller fingerboards are 3.75", so yes, that is small -- but a case can still be made for it: (1) street skaters typically choose a smaller deck than those riding ramps, (2) Cara Delevingne is 5'8" so probably on the shorter side for adult deck purposes, and (3) the character could still be riding for eccentric reasons on the same board they had since adolescence.

Now you've got me wondering exactly what size Hot Toys made the Skateboard for the first Marty McFly. That answer lies somewhere in my basement, but gosh knows where.


_________________
The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”
View user profile
Hey Fox, I'm digging Cara's new skater look, and that little rabbit is adorable. I'm totally on the look out for a kitten like that too. Need to keep an eye out for gashapon sets too. Good thinking!

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
So I went to Hobby Lobby today, inspired by Moonbase Alpha Male, and picked up a bunch of stuff that could be used for sixth-scale work. Here's the relevant part of the loot.



This includes a somewhat squishy sea turtle, some Vallejo paint (oops, different category), and a bunch of Explorer jewelry items that happened to be 50% off. These were a pair of passports (with real pages), a scarab brooch (that can be turned into a fairly realistic ancient Egyptian pectoral), a weird bracelet-like thing (that might be turnable into some sort of lamellar armor), a little leather backpack, and that pack of 48 tiny coins that MBAM showcased.

I liked the coins, and MBAM was right, the smaller of the two sizes is close enough (just a tad too big) to what US quarters and dollar coins and Euro coins might be in sixth scale.



The passports are nearly perfect, considering the scale. Yes, they flare a little bit and the inside pages are repetitive, but that doesn't detract much from the effect. * Remember the good old days, when you had to carry a ton of quarters in case you had to call from a pay phone at the airport?



The little backpack is diminutive but not excessively small. The real problem is that the straps are not long enough for it to hang realistically, but one can make do or maybe modify it.



The sea turtle actually works great! Apparently giant sea turtles can be even bigger, so my initial hesitation was in vain. And here's Chris treating it with all the excitable respect and consideration you can expect from a buzzed fratboy on spring break. * Disclaimer: no animals were hurt in the making of this photo.



Hope you found it useful or mildly amusing.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
ReverendSpooky wrote:Hey Fox, I'm digging Cara's new skater look, and that little rabbit is adorable.  I'm totally on the look out for a kitten like that too.  Need to keep an eye out for gashapon sets too.  Good thinking!

Thank you ReverendSpooky, that was the old look for Cara, I'm still putting together the new (skater look) one.

Also, I was at Toys R Us (in Asia) the other day, there were quite a few Gashapon machines, and definitely saw some miniature kittens. I'm not sure if it's the same in the US (or elsewhere) or not. Anyways, I hope you find them, cheers  Smile

GubernatorFan wrote:So I went to Hobby Lobby today, inspired by Moonbase Alpha Male, and picked up a bunch of stuff that could be used for sixth-scale work. Here's the relevant part of the loot.



This includes a somewhat squishy sea turtle, some Vallejo paint (oops, different category), and a bunch of Explorer jewelry items that happened to be 50% off. These were a pair of passports (with real pages), a scarab brooch (that can be turned into a fairly realistic ancient Egyptian pectoral), a weird bracelet-like thing (that might be turnable into some sort of lamellar armor), a little leather backpack, and that pack of 48 tiny coins that MBAM showcased.

Wow GF, that's an amazing haul! The backpack looks really nice, and  loving those passports.

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums

Stryker2011

avatar
Founding Father
Nice haul, GubernatorFan. Yeah... leave it to a drunk frat boy...

Those passports look great.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
Great haul! Hobby Lobby is a trip because you really have to hit all the departments to look for goodies. There are grommets I used for my tarps that you can find in the sewing section. They come with a tool to install them. I know anyone making a tent or certain types of military gear could use these, but might not browse that section.
You really have to hit the whole store, it can be an all day mission n sometimes!

View user profile

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
Thank you, Fox, Stryker, and Pontiacvan!
Agreed. The passports were perhaps the best, as they don't need any modification (other than detaching the little metal ring) and are good to go, perfectly sized and almost perfectly looking. The coins (the smaller size that comes in the pack), too. The backpack is decent, but if you go looking super close it is a pretty simple affair and the non-adjustable straps stand in the way of wearing it quite right, so you might have to do a bit in the way of modifications. And of course the sea turtle is ready for fun in the sun, to the delight of drunk fratboys everywhere Smile

I agree there are plenty of areas in Hobby Lobby (and for that matter Michaels) where you can find useful stuff... I did wander about, as I wasn't sure whether MBAM meant a different section by "Explorer" or the area where "Explorer" jewelry was displayed (it was the latter). But this time I was more or less on a mission -- to get those coins. As it happened, all "Explorer" jewelry was 50% off, so I got quite a few. And then I swung round to the models and model-making isles, like I always do. The section where they have various artsy pieces for your home features some scale vehicles made of metal and wood, including what look like sixth-scale motorcycles. Now they are not super detailed, and would require some modification to look right, but they are a possibility. And remember, if you don't have a Hobby Lobby nearby, you might be able to make up for it by going to their online store. Of course, it is nicer to see things in real life when convenient.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you, Fox, Stryker, and Pontiacvan!
Agreed. The passports were perhaps the best, as they don't need any modification (other than detaching the little metal ring) and are good to go, perfectly sized and almost perfectly looking. The coins (the smaller size that comes in the pack), too. The backpack is decent, but if you go looking super close it is a pretty simple affair and the non-adjustable straps stand in the way of wearing it quite right, so you might have to do a bit in the way of modifications. And of course the sea turtle is ready for fun in the sun, to the delight of drunk fratboys everywhere Smile

I agree there are plenty of areas in Hobby Lobby (and for that matter Michaels) where you can find useful stuff... I did wander about, as I wasn't sure whether MBAM meant a different section by "Explorer" or the area where "Explorer" jewelry was displayed (it was the latter). But this time I was more or less on a mission -- to get those coins. As it happened, all "Explorer" jewelry was 50% off, so I got quite a few. And then I swung round to the models and model-making isles, like I always do. The section where they have various artsy pieces for your home features some scale vehicles made of metal and wood, including what look like sixth-scale motorcycles. Now they are not super detailed, and would require some modification to look right, but they are a possibility. And remember, if you don't have a Hobby Lobby nearby, you might be able to make up for it by going to their online store. Of course, it is nicer to see things in real life when convenient.

Yeah, great post from a great Hobby Lobby Haul. Nice pics too, and esp that picture of the coins. You really captured the detail on them, which is more than I was able to do. In the jewelry pendants section I think the 1/6 treasures are in "Explorer" and "Fairy Tale," maybe also "Traditions" (sea themed). What I was looking for originally were 1/6 bottles, and books, and there are several of those. But then there is really cool eccentric stuff like those passports. "Explorer" also has a great Medal - somewhat oversized for 1/6 though so only suitable for comic purpose. Nice backpack, that one is new to me. And BTW coincidentally I got that same Egyptian Scarab at the same time I got the coins -- TBL Cleo has it now.

Other HL sections are hit and miss -- those metal motorcycles you mention are far from realistic but the scale is right. I did a post way back when, in the "other place," shooting pics of two of them that I had borrowed. I suggested they might be good with something stylized like Gangster Kingdom figures, and those pics looked good to me. It think it would be "too far to go" to make them fully realistic.

View user profile
.
BTW Gubernator Fan, since you've done some great Beach shots, you might like this Hobby Lobby Lifeguard chair.  There's a set of beach themed decor but I think they only display them Seasonally -- I got mine July 2016 and I think (don't quote me) that they did bring them back last year so they may be showing up again soon.

View user profile

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
Thank you, Moonbase Alpha Male! I agree, there is so much one can find, and there are different jewelry and bead lines that lend themselves to finding useful items for our hobby. There's another one with the word "poet" in its name that is also useful sometimes. Most of the little books are in the "Fairytale" line.

I was thinking of "Cleo" when I got the scarab -- bought parts of that set -- or better yet some custom that looks more Egyptian. A good high-end/detail Egyptian custom would be really hard to make, actually, but maybe one day.

The sixth-scale motorcycles -- at least the ones I saw -- need actual headlights to be added, at the very least. The Barbie Harley is actually a far superior alternative, if one can find it for a decent price (been awhile since I got mine). And of course there are various other model or radio control versions.

Thank you for the heads up and photo of the lifeguard chair. It is not exactly what I would imagine, but I like it, and will pick one up if and when I see it. Might even look if it is available online.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

avatar
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:.
BTW Gubernator Fan, since you've done some great Beach shots, you might like this Hobby Lobby Lifeguard chair.  There's a set of beach themed decor but I think they only display them Seasonally -- I got mine July 2016 and I think (don't quote me) that they did bring them back last year so they may be showing up again soon.


Oh man! I have to get one of these. I've been wanting to do a beach diorama for ages.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you, Moonbase Alpha Male! I agree, there is so much one can find, and there are different jewelry and bead lines that lend themselves to finding useful items for our hobby. There's another one with the word "poet" in its name that is also useful sometimes. Most of the little books are in the "Fairytale" line.

Yeah, "Poetic Spirit (by Bead Treasures)" is the other line you're thinking of.  (I didn't know that off the top of my head, but I take a quick pic of everything incoming so I searched my log for HL).

Trips to Hobby Lobby stand out because I only get there 2 or 3 times a year so I note the changes.  One area that has diminished quite a bit is the Resin Decor.  They used to have a whole line of Egyptian that was 1/6 usable.  Also some great Resin Cowboy/Western stuff with some 1/6 usable pieces, like barrels, coasters shaped like wagon wheels, western crosses and a saddle paperweight.

[/url][


_________________
The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”
View user profile

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
Yes, they do have a huge selection of crosses still. But I need to be more diligent to find many of the cool things you have collected there -- if and when they are still available. While I have gotten myself used to checking the beads and jewelry for useful items, I am generally far less good at keeping in mind the bigger stuff.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
Oh man, you guys are going to drive me back to Hobby Lobby! I really try not to, as I'm not so fond of the company itself (lets just leave it at that) but man, the temptation is far too great sometimes!

I picked up those passports too! They look perfect. I've been trying to find a use, but all my 1/6 customs are set in either a post apocalyptic wasteland, or a magic centered alternate reality world (although I guess that would still work) so they're still waiting to get worked into something. That lifeguard chair is so great, and now I want one too (have to keep an eye out) and the resin decor looks so slick in a western setting.

No pics, but I've found little treasure chests in the back decor area, drawer organizers or bins that make great shelves, and boxes that make great industrial work desks or tables. I even got a rusty looking soap dish that I'm going to use for a sink.

Dammit Hobby Lobby, I just can't quit you!

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com
ReverendSpooky wrote:Oh man, you guys are going to drive me back to Hobby Lobby!  I really try not to, as I'm not so fond of the company itself (lets just leave it at that) but man, the temptation is far too great sometimes!  

...  Dammit Hobby Lobby, I just can't quit you!

Hobby Lobby wouldn't like you saying "Dammit"! Twisted Evil    and talking about "temptation"! Evil or Very Mad I suspect I know what you're talking about, and I have my own concerns in that regard (probably sharing yours) but yeah, let's leave it at that.

View user profile

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
While I may not sympathize with some of their politics/practices, it's not going to keep me from purchasing from them. They were the only dedicated hobby shop in town, and I am used to them. They closed, and even though it is the same distance, I still instinctively go to another one of their stores instead of a Michael's.

ReverendSpooky -- if you have several pairs of the passports, you could make them a little heap in a corner... discarded relics of a bygone age in your post-Apocalyptic world.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
GubernatorFan wrote:ReverendSpooky -- if you have several pairs of the passports, you could make them a little heap in a corner... discarded relics of a bygone age in your post-Apocalyptic world.

Holy crap, that's a great idea! I'm totally using that.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com
GubernatorFan wrote:While I may not sympathize with some of their politics/practices, it's not going to keep me from purchasing from them. They were the only dedicated hobby shop in town, and I am used to them. They closed, and even though it is the same distance, I still instinctively go to another one of their stores instead of a Michael's.

ReverendSpooky -- if you have several pairs of the passports, you could make them a little heap in a corner... discarded relics of a bygone age in your post-Apocalyptic world.

I shop at Hobby Lobby because I believe that when you’re buying items that you need for a display, any moral differences with the seller are totally irrelevant, and you do whatever it takes, even if it’s immoral or even illegal. Guess who I learned that from: http://www.newsweek.com/christian-hobby-lobby-bible-museum-stole-713321

In a post-Apocalyptic narrative like ReverendSpooky's, it would actually be kind of ironic if one of the first things resurrected by the emerging territorial gangs was paper passports -- kind of a "Postman" concept. Just spitballin'


_________________
The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”
View user profile

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Holy crap, that's a great idea!  I'm totally using that.

By all means, feel free!


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
GubernatorFan wrote:The sixth-scale motorcycles -- at least the ones I saw -- need actual headlights to be added, at the very least. The Barbie Harley is actually a far superior alternative, if one can find it for a decent price (been awhile since I got mine). And of course there are various other model or radio control versions.

Pictures in this thread are still live, I think:  http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/848450-welded-metal-motorcycles-hobby-lobby.html

View user profile

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Pictures in this thread are still live, I think:  http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/848450-welded-metal-motorcycles-hobby-lobby.html

Thanks for the link. They do clean up nicely, or at least you made it work. Smile


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
.
For pictures of four possible 1/6 Turntables / Record Players, FYI see the thread http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t127-barbie-debarbiefied post #26. Those pics wd fit as well or better in this thread but we were specifically talking about Turntables in that DeBarbefying thread.

View user profile
I stopped by our local Hobby Lobby just a few hours ago but unfortunately I couldn't find the mini passports or the coins I'm not sure if our
 store does not carry them or they were just sold out although I find the mini backpack a few weeks ago.

@ Gubernator Fan: That sixth-scale looking motorcycle from Hobby Lobby that you talking about did it look like a custom chopper with red
 paint?


_________________
View user profile

GubernatorFan

avatar
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:I stopped by our local Hobby Lobby just a few hours ago but unfortunately I couldn't find the mini passports or the coins I'm not sure if our
 store does not carry them or they were just sold out although I find the mini backpack a few weeks ago.

@ Gubernator Fan: That sixth-scale looking motorcycle from Hobby Lobby that you talking about did it look like a custom chopper with red
 paint?

Hi BAD WOLF. No, the motorcycles I saw (some of them about sixth scale, some smaller ones too) were a copperish/bronzish color and had no actual headlight (other than the cup for one). More like the one in the first two photos of the OSW thread. I think this is the online listing:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Decor-Pillows/Accent-Pieces/Black-Motorcycle-Metal-Decor/p/38680


The passports and coins are from the Explorer line of jewelry in the beads and jewelry section. If you can't find them in your store, here are the online listings:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jewelry/Mixed-Media-Jewelry/Embellishments/Mini-Coin-Bezel-Fillers/p/80870696

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jewelry/Charms-Pendants/Charms/Blue-Gold-Passport-Charms/p/80654178

Hope this helps!


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
Package (card) looks like this:  

View user profile
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:I stopped by our local Hobby Lobby just a few hours ago but unfortunately I couldn't find the mini passports or the coins I'm not sure if our
 store does not carry them or they were just sold out although I find the mini backpack a few weeks ago.

@ Gubernator Fan: That sixth-scale looking motorcycle from Hobby Lobby that you talking about did it look like a custom chopper with red
 paint?

Hi BAD WOLF. No, the motorcycles I saw (some of them about sixth scale, some smaller ones too) were a copperish/bronzish color and had no actual headlight (other than the cup for one). More like the one in the first two photos of the OSW thread. I think this is the online listing:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Decor-Pillows/Accent-Pieces/Black-Motorcycle-Metal-Decor/p/38680


The passports and coins are from the Explorer line of jewelry in the beads and jewelry section. If you can't find them in your store, here are the online listings:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jewelry/Mixed-Media-Jewelry/Embellishments/Mini-Coin-Bezel-Fillers/p/80870696

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Beads-Jewelry/Charms-Pendants/Charms/Blue-Gold-Passport-Charms/p/80654178

Hope this helps!

Thanks for 411 on the mini passports and the coins and it does help and I will look into it, yep that's not the same one I seen a few years ago
although I have seen that one.


_________________
View user profile
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:While I may not sympathize with some of their politics/practices, it's not going to keep me from purchasing from them. They were the only dedicated hobby shop in town, and I am used to them. They closed, and even though it is the same distance, I still instinctively go to another one of their stores instead of a Michael's.

ReverendSpooky -- if you have several pairs of the passports, you could make them a little heap in a corner... discarded relics of a bygone age in your post-Apocalyptic world.

I shop at Hobby Lobby because I believe that when you’re buying items that you need for a display, any moral differences with the seller are totally irrelevant, and you do whatever it takes, even if it’s immoral or even illegal.  Guess who I learned that from:  http://www.newsweek.com/christian-hobby-lobby-bible-museum-stole-713321

In a post-Apocalyptic narrative like ReverendSpooky's, it would actually be kind of ironic if one of the first things resurrected by the emerging territorial gangs was paper passports -- kind of a "Postman" concept.  Just spitballin'

Lol. Yeah, when i'm on a mission for a project, any moral resolve gets really shakey. I worry the lengths I'd go for certain project pieces...

I totally dig the passport idea, like you needing some sort of papers in a gang's territory. But in my world, no way they'd be reusing pre-fall passports. They'd probably be made of car parts and human skin, or some other horror.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum