OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

A few pics of my 1/6 Wolverine Weapon X helmet with led lighting. Thought I’d be farther along on the rest of the figure this past weekend, but was excited how this came out and wanted to share.

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0692_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0693_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0695_orig

#superhero #xmen #wolverine #film #male #custom #kitbash #phicen #tbleague



UPDATED 04/08/2018

So, I thought this would be a quick easy project.  Make a quick Weapon X  helmet, a couple mechanical bits, a few wires, throw them on a naked Wolverine.  Get a few cool photos.  Done and done.  

These things never work out that way though.  Ended up going deep into every piece, getting pretty elaborate on the leather straps, and adding an LED to the helmet.  Just finished up today, and I'm thrilled with the results.  

I want to do a big photoshoot, elaborate background, maybe a bit of action, and definitely plan to get some pics next time it snows.  But I was so excited to have finished today, I couldn't resist getting some photos.

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0742_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0745_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0746_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0747_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0748_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0749_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0750_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0751_orig

And while I was at it, I couldn't resist doing some super stylized shots.

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0752_1_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0753_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0754_orig

A quick note, but I didn't have any kind of background that would work, so I threw together a faux concrete wall in under an hour.  Textured it up with a big rock I found under my porch, painted it concrete grey, then a big wash of grimey black.  Kept blasting it with the hairdryer so I didn't have to slow down, and could get these pics while there was still some sun.  Really happy with how it came out, and it's a great start on a versatile military base/lab kinda diorama background I have planned.  Such a productive day!

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you posted it on here, too. Looks awesome already, and I look forward to the completed project. The way you have it now, it could be some sort of virtual environment thing, where your dude is interacting with underdressed ladies, judging by his own state of undress. Wink


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
GubernatorFan wrote:Glad you posted it on here, too. Looks awesome already, and I look forward to the completed project. The way you have it now, it could be some sort of virtual environment thing, where your dude is interacting with underdressed ladies, judging by his own state of undress. Wink

Hell yeah! I plan to keep posting over at OSW, unless it completely collapses any time soon, but this is already starting to feel a lot more like home. There's a great energy and enthusiasm here already, a pretty palpable excitement among everyone coming on board here. I've been anxious to get some new work up here, harness a bit of that good energy. One of the best things in a community like this is how a bit of good feedback helps fuel those creative fires.

Not sure how familiar you are with the Weapon X story, but that pretty much IS the case. When they gave Wolverine his metal skeleton and claws, they had him tuned in to this crazy virtual reality thing, erasing his memories, having him live all these fake experiences, reprogramming him to be a killing machine.

They usually did have him all naked and floating in some liquid, although sadly not dreaming of naked ladies. Man, what a different Wolverine story we'd get if they had! He definitely would have come out of that tank a lot less angry. The whole plot would be him trying to get BACK into the program.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am not at all familiar with the Weapon X story, I just appreciate the beautiful work you have done. After the extra info you provided, I am thinking of the recent Assassin's Creed film, with the alternate reality going on. Anyway, a more than promising start for your project.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That looks amazing already. It’s been a long time since I read that run; but I’m looking forward to your final result.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 TCFITBi
View user profile
Man, that is deeply cool. Beautiful work.

View user profile
HOLY $%^& SNACKS!

That is freaking awesome!

If I was Victoria's Secret model on the runway during the annual lingerie show, my panties would have dropped.

View user profile
GubernatorFan wrote:I am not at all familiar with the Weapon X story, I just appreciate the beautiful work you have done. After the extra info you provided, I am thinking of the recent Assassin's Creed film, with the alternate reality going on. Anyway, a more than promising start for your project.

Stryker2011 wrote:That looks amazing already. It’s been a long time since I read that run; but I’m looking forward to your final result.

dadrab wrote:Man, that is deeply cool. Beautiful work.

Thanks so much guys!  The Weapon X story always been one of my favorite bits of comic lore.  When I was growing up, Wolverine's history was always this sprawling mystery, that got teased out over years and years of Marvels' comics. The Weapon X books were these huge reveals, where you finally get a glimpse of where he came from, and even then, hinted at this looming shadowy government program and far reaching conspiracy.  As A kid I was utterly hooked.  It's so fun working on this, and has reignited all these great memories of reading those stories.

DeltaForceChung wrote:HOLY $%^& SNACKS!

That is freaking awesome!

If I was Victoria's Secret model on the runway during the annual lingerie show, my panties would have dropped.

Lol!  Well, Wolverine (and definitely Hugh Jackman as Wolverine) has been known to have that effect. Wink

And thanks so much man.  I can't wait to show off the finished project.

Rumor has it that we've got 1 more snow storm coming this weekend, so I'm hoping to finish in time to get some good photos in the snow.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com
told you already elsewhere, but this is stunning! Awesome work on the classic weapon X design, very accurate, and soooo badass!!!

View user profile
Maaan that is cool! Looks amazing!

View user profile
blackpool wrote:told you already elsewhere, but this is stunning! Awesome work on the classic weapon X design, very accurate, and soooo badass!!!

PickleMunkey wrote:Maaan that is cool! Looks amazing!

Thanks so much guys! So close to finishing the rest of the figure. For a mostly nekid guy with a crazy helmet, it's been more of an undertaking than I expected. But I think the results will be worth it.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com
So, I thought this would be a quick easy project.  Make a quick Weapon X  helmet, a couple mechanical bits, a few wires, throw them on a naked Wolverine.  Get a few cool photos.  Done and done.  

These things never work out that way though.  Ended up going deep into every piece, getting pretty elaborate on the leather straps, and adding an LED to the helmet.  Just finished up today, and I'm thrilled with the results.  

I want to do a big photoshoot, elaborate background, maybe a bit of action, and definitely plan to get some pics next time it snows.  But I was so excited to have finished today, I couldn't resist getting some photos.

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0742_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0745_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0746_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0747_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0748_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0749_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0750_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0751_orig

And while I was at it, I couldn't resist doing some super stylized shots.

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0752_1_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0753_orig

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 Img-0754_orig

A quick note, but I didn't have any kind of background that would work, so I threw together a faux concrete wall in under an hour.  Textured it up with a big rock I found under my porch, painted it concrete grey, then a big wash of grimey black.  Kept blasting it with the hairdryer so I didn't have to slow down, and could get these pics while there was still some sun.  Really happy with how it came out, and it's a great start on a versatile military base/lab kinda diorama background I have planned.  Such a productive day!

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That turned out really great. Nice pics too.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 TCFITBi
View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, this turned out great. Both in terms of the actual technology ensemble and of the super-cool artsy photos. Very impressive. Thank you for sharing.
There is only one point that I can see that bears improvement: if I recall, Wolverine was quite hairy. Smile

Update: here are a couple of photos for a remarkably simple technique, in post number 10 of the OSF funnies
http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t47-osf-funnies-continuously-updated#1074


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
YOU KNOW . . .

I'd love to see a female interpretation of Weapon X.

Skillfully and superbly done ReverendSpooky.

View user profile
Such an amazing job! Every bit of detail is superbly done, the helmet, the straps, the LED's, and the wiring. The awesome and moody photography really adds to it, the red glow from the LED and the wiring really gives such a good contrast. It appears as if the wires themselves, are actually glowing.

Amazing work as always my friend. Very Happy

View user profile https://www.flickr.com/photos/110202058@N06/albums
winner winner chicken dinner !!
Fantastic work ! Now all you need is an accompanying diorama Smile
Weapon X is also on my build list and so thanks Rev for some inspiration !!
That helmet is going to be the biggest challenge for me Sad


_________________
Weapon X Wolverine finished! Updated 04/08/2018 AH5gGa0
View user profile
Maaaan that turned out friggin' perfectly!

View user profile
Turned out great as expected! The Phicen Snow Soldier base would be the perfect for him!
With blood drip trails on the white snow!

View user profile
boooooom!

Stunning result mate, that weapon X is so freakin cool!!! That's one very iconic and rare piece you just achieved, really impressive work!

View user profile
I thought the helmet was great, but that turned out to be icing on the cake.

This is a superb figure and I appreciate being taken along for the ride.

View user profile
Stryker2011 wrote:That turned out really great. Nice pics too.

Thanks so much Stryker!  Pretty damn happy with this one.

GubernatorFan wrote:Wow, this turned out great. Both in terms of the actual technology ensemble and of the super-cool artsy photos. Very impressive. Thank you for sharing.
There is only one point that I can see that bears improvement: if I recall, Wolverine was quite hairy. Smile

Update: here are a couple of photos for a remarkably simple technique, in post number 10 of the OSF funnies
http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t47-osf-funnies-continuously-updated#1074

Superman's weakness isn't just kryptonite, but the fact that he's remarkably ticklish.

And thank you GF!  Yeah, a really hairy wolverine would definitely be the comic accurate way to go.  Lol.  Maybe they shaved him down for the weapon X program.  They got tired of him clogging the drain in the containment tank.  Razz

I wanted to get pics that had a good atmosphere, but didn't obscure any of the detail, and where the LED was still really noticeable.  Glad I manged to pull it off!

DeltaForceChung wrote:YOU KNOW . . .

I'd love to see a female interpretation of Weapon X.

Skillfully and superbly done ReverendSpooky.

Thanks DFC!

You know, I have an X-23 figure I've been working on.  I was actually kinda wondering how much of this gear would fit on her with minimal modification.  Very good possibility of a X-23 photoshoot in a similar vein in the future.  Wink  

Fox915 wrote:Such an amazing job! Every bit of detail is superbly done, the helmet, the straps, the LED's, and the wiring. The awesome and moody photography really adds to it, the red glow from the LED and the wiring really gives such a good contrast. It appears as if the wires themselves, are actually glowing.

Amazing work as always my friend. Very Happy

Thank you so much Fox! The way the wires photographed was a great bonus.  I just love taking pics at the end of a project.  It gives me the excuse to really play a bit, posing and reposing.  Probaly the most fun part.

Allotropos wrote:winner winner chicken dinner !!
Fantastic work ! Now all you need is an accompanying diorama Smile
Weapon X is also on my build list and so thanks Rev for some inspiration !!
That helmet is going to be the biggest challenge for me Sad  

Lol!  Thanks Allotropos!  Oh, and that diorama is HAPPENING.  I figure that faux concrete backdrop is a good start, and  a military style base background would be super versatile, and would make a great Weapon X lab.  Thinking I have a lot of old style bodies, military gear, and gasmask, I could put together some pics of wolverine really rippin it up.  

And you definitely need to do a Weapon X figure!  The helmet turned out to be a much bigger undertaking than I thought (aren't all projects) but now I really want to see your take on it!

PickleMunkey wrote:Maaaan that turned out friggin' perfectly!

Thank you PickleMunkey!  It was such a sigh of relief when I finish yesterday, that everything actually came together how I imagined.  Pretty thrilled.

rollotomasi wrote:Turned out great as expected! The Phicen Snow Soldier base would be the perfect for him!
With blood drip trails on the white snow!

Thanks Rollotomasi!  Damn, now I kinda do want that Snow Soldier display!  Would be cool to have him perched on it.  Might have to take a crack at making something similar.  Can't be too hard, right?  Some rocks, a bit of wood, and maybe some fake snow they use for the Christmas miniature displays I always see at the craft store?  Forget waiting for real snow next year!

blackpool wrote:boooooom!

Stunning result mate, that weapon X is so freakin cool!!! That's one very iconic and rare piece you just achieved, really impressive work!

Thanks so much Blackpool!  Yeah, that Weapon X imagery has been lurking in my brain since childhood.  It was only a matter of time before it forced it's way back out.

dadrab wrote:I thought the helmet was great, but that turned out to be icing on the cake.

This is a superb figure and I appreciate being taken along for the ride.


Serious thanks Dadrad!  This was a hell of a satisfying project, and I'm so glad to be able to share that. Glad you enjoyed!


My ADD Toys Yukio just arrived today too!  I think a good photoshoot of them together is definitely gotta happen soon.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com
Great Work ! cheers

View user profile
Ephiane wrote:Great Work ! cheers

Thanks Ephiane! Much appreciated!

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum