OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Toys Nest: City Of Shadows Vampire Diorama [TSN-002Z]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Height: 13 cm (5.12”)
Width: 26 cm (10.24”)
Depth: 26 cm (10.24”)

Diorama - NEW PRODUCT: Toys Nest: City Of Shadows Vampire Diorama [TSN-002Z] Scree263
Diorama - NEW PRODUCT: Toys Nest: City Of Shadows Vampire Diorama [TSN-002Z] Tsn-0014

#newproduct #ToysNest #CityofShadows #Vampire #Base #diorama #accessory

Diana

Diana
Oh, clearly they planned for many of them to be placed together. Nice.

Skippy

Diana wrote:Oh, clearly they planned for many of them to be placed together. Nice.

In their promo they put enough together to make a chess board!

Diorama - NEW PRODUCT: Toys Nest: City Of Shadows Vampire Diorama [TSN-002Z] 235403azg19fqj9333jf13

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ok, I see. Yep, makes sense as a cornerpiece, and is clearly designed to work with the other pieces. However, depending on one's needs, the other pieces are more versatile, while this is clearly going to fit in only within a more specific fantasy environment.

Ovy

Ovy
One field might be about 12x12cm or something . Wondering if they release the fitting 1/6 Chess figures too?
Vampire, werewolf, knight, death? Articulate figures looking like marble/wood/stone Chess pieces? Sexualized female towers?
Lots of different figures in multiple colors?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Sexualized female towers?

I know you are being sarcastic, but please don't give them such ideas, because they are liable to do exactly that... Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The sad thing is, if you bought enough to make a 1/6 scale “chess board” , you’d be spending well over a thousand dollars.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Diorama - NEW PRODUCT: Toys Nest: City Of Shadows Vampire Diorama [TSN-002Z] C8485110

davidd

davidd
Pre-order now and save three whole dollars off the ninety dollar price at Ekia Hobbies:

https://www.ekiahobbies.com/toys-nest-city-of-shadows-vampire-diorama-tsn-002z/

Save two bucks off the fifty dollar straight wall section:

https://www.ekiahobbies.com/toys-nest-city-of-shadows-death-wall-diorama-tsn-001z/

As these are pre-orders with an estimated release date of 31 December, you'll be waiting until well in to next year to see what you spend your money on.

Is it just me who feels this way, or is this hobby getting weirder, and more expensive, by the day? Seems like every new release gets more expensive, and the pre-order windows are being pushed out further and further. Now, if we want to pick up something "new," we need to shell out the big bucks many months, and realistically often a year or more, in advance without actually knowing what we'll be getting. The 1/6 hobby is turning in to a very expensive version of those $5 "blind box" toys. Only, instead of waiting only to get back to the car to rip open the package to see what we got, we have to wait for a year!

csyeung

csyeung
I guess this is perfect for that brooding bat dude. Price point suggests this is a heavy piece.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
GubernatorFan wrote:Ok, I see. Yep, makes sense as a cornerpiece, and is clearly designed to work with the other pieces. However, depending on one's needs, the other pieces are more versatile, while this is clearly going to fit in only within a more specific fantasy environment.

Why would it be in any way restricted? It's statuary, essentially a gargoyle. Admittedly not the identical style to gargoyles that you actually see IRL at Notre Dame etc, but there's a lot of variety there, so it's perfectly real world suitable. Doesn't necessarily have to be some fantasy environment where these things would be real.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:Admittedly not the identical style to gargoyles that you actually see IRL at Notre Dame etc.

I think you answered your own question. I think it is more representative of modern "Gothic" fantasy than a typical realistic gargoyle, even if these did come in a variety of shapes. The other pieces, being more ordinary and without any overly specific features, are more versatile.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum