OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 25]

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:Nice,

Couldn't you have found an oblong in whatever size you needed and worked from that? Something like an ammo box or some such?

CHEERS!

I can't believe I didn't think of that, I'm an idiot! Oh well out of practice sculpting clay so probably good to keep my hand in now and again.. Could have just used Lego!

dadrab wrote:Damn fine efforts thus far, Chop. I'm hanging on every post.

Thank you, sir.

Cheers dadrab!

Done all the sculpting on the hammer, next will be sanding/filing etc.. especially on the the 'neck', modded the axes too. Sculpted the knuckle duster 'metal' parts (I couldn't think of any easier way for those Wink ) and have all the accoutrements ready to build them. Also added detail straps and buckles to his leather 'webbing'(?) or weight lifting harness?

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 WFzjH3U

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 9eAqvn6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 GSIwk0G

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Bs07QBR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 01M431e

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 S0iQc2R

Looks 'off' but it's not.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 IOSfkdE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 F8zOk33

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 GKznoBf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 NOzxbZZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 BH6klyf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 D1wUsqP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 KuCFGlO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 PM6qRBl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 21oPjZC

Rogerbee

Founding Father
You live and learn!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Very nice warrior dwarf. Love the details. I wonder if a thin semi-translucent layer of paint won't dull the tatoos a bit to make them more realistic.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:You live and learn!

CHEERS!

That's the irony though, my skill set is usually making things from other mundane things!

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice warrior dwarf. Love the details. I wonder if a thin semi-translucent layer of paint won't dull the tatoos a bit to make them more realistic.

Good idea although they do look much better in hand no pun intended, the sepia ink helped a lot. Might add some matte clear over the sepia. Need to file and sand all the weapons now, milliput really gums up files! So much so I have to use paint stripper on them afterwards..

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
All filed and ready for paint, files now need paint stripper..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 QEG0DIO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 EX1oSjd

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 XiQMtEM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 JsG6vOS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 NLrAjPT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 QiEv9p1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Nmt74ei

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Have you seen the Asmus Gimli? He came out surprisingly well.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Have you seen the Asmus Gimli? He came out surprisingly well.

CHEERS!

Yup, watched reviews too. Will probably get one even though I already have my custom one so I can display this scene Wink He is my favourite character after all!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Gimli_pipe_orcs

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Word has it they're a consistent line and you get the whole Fellowship. If they were 1/12......

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Word has it they're a consistent line and you get the whole Fellowship. If they were 1/12......

CHEERS!

Er.. I've had the whole fellowship since I made Merry and Pippin a while back Wink . If you want 1/12 get the Toy Biz figures, they're really nice.

Dwalin's knuckle dusters and weapons are all done. I need to make the backpack carrying loops for the axes, give him real hair, mount the knife scabbard and do some little paint details like the studs on his boots etc.. then on to the next lone.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 M8h7E36

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 ZaOHytf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 EXJOVpA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 RCtmIJS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 8Par76q

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Y8jmTlB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 NDU58Vt

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 FBANnHT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 FCCiiAK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 F3Wll4W

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 PvwZZrz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Vv3ThR0

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 BNlWIVT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 SjUseNA

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great work. That last shot looks pretty much perfection incarnate.

peter the painter

Alex, he looks amazing, great attention to detail, thanks for sharing his coming together.

Cheers,

Peter.

dadrab

dadrab
Man, what a great figure. From his head to his feet, it's just a study in damn fine work.

Looking forward to the next leg of the journey.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

The only LOTR figure by Toybiz I had was the Peter Jackson hobbit.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Great work. That last shot looks pretty much perfection incarnate.

'Perfection incarnate'..I like that, cheers!  Wink

peter the painter wrote:Alex, he looks amazing, great attention to detail, thanks for sharing his coming together.

Cheers,

Peter.

Cheers Peter! Not 100% done yet though..

dadrab wrote:Man, what a great figure. From his head to his feet, it's just a study in damn fine work.

Looking forward to the next leg of the journey.

Thanks dadrab, still got a bit to do.

Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

The only LOTR figure by Toybiz I had was the Peter Jackson hobbit.

CHEERS!

I remember, he's the only one I never got! Laughing

Done plenty more paint, redid all the weapons, added studs and some rather messed up runes (I need to invest in an engraving machine) but thought sod it and left them as they are screen accurate just a bit all over the place. Did ink washes in black and sepia, painted lots of silver, made the holsters for the axes, affixed the knife's scabbard, gave the hammer's handle a leather wrap and prepared the head for real hair. A metal version of Thorin's 'Goblin Cleaver' arrived and is just the right size!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 KEqrVjs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Wog1K4v

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 IH43qxg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 OTntTIq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 UfTZRWo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 X7r9YJK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 TRPGh3r

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 UvJdSHP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 M1v1XVJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 0ylVNkQ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 RYOlsjW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 G8nhweL

You can see the empty knife scabbard on his belt.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 O87J1bJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 OfFGYWQ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 T1CpwDh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 ZqO8lcl

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
They look ace!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:They look ace!

CHEERS!

Thank you very much Roger!

Just as well I went image searching for Balin as he's next, because I found a picture of Dwalin's back and he has much longer hair than I had thought! So I'll obviously keep that in mind laying his real hair, would have sucked to find out afterwards!!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 5Xyallx

I thought Balin might be simpler but no way, crazy complex patterns all over his clothing, the material itself is a pattern, then stitched into patterns, then complex embroidery is added.. affraid If you zoom in on that pic with the text from a book of behind the scenes, head the costume designer and creator says there was so much work in Balin's costume they had to outsource it even though they had their own little factory!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 EAcvOak

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 25BbazF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 7ZwOVU2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 XYkBLQc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 28y2iEb

Thorin with 'Goblin Cleaver' for size reference.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 5oIuinl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 PDlU2ib

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 KxSP5Ft

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Dealing looks awesome. Excellent work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That looks like it's going to be fun!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Dealing looks awesome. Excellent work.

Who? Wink  Thanks Mark!

Rogerbee wrote:That looks like it's going to be fun!

CHEERS!

More like a nightmare.. I'm looking into gold pencils and pastels as markers are hopeless, they either bleed when working, don't work or just vomit their contents over everything! Even if I could find a decent gold paint brushing it onto a velvet material could be pretty messy for the clean geometric patterns needed.

Pretty much finished Dwalin now, just want to add some glossy clear to his eyes, lips and teeth, redo his earings paint and add light purple/pink to his scar tissue. I think I'll do 'finished threads' for them in pairs i.e. two Dwarves to a thread.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 GAff20W

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 UBdbaDj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 KW3Abkc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Fca2cBX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 M6iMpKN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Ytuu3Yq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 OIT6mOI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 X8OJlr7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 IEX6fcx

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 SaPvIyJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 NYqhBEH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 YxhdGmH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 KxePvVn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 MY6Wmb7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 P0FsoMP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Q2mdxbN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 LXWUPrz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 LatnJlg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 G4LYPc9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 54FeuNq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 X5LdI36

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I take back my previous statement that he was nearly perfection incarnate and I apply it to this new posting.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He does look really good.

How about splodging some marker ink onto a piece of card and applying it with either a very thin brush or a pin?

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Daaaaammmn! Pure madness seeing this come together. Can't even believe how good this is looking. Incredible.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I take back my previous statement that he was nearly perfection incarnate and I apply it to this new posting.

Only 'nearly' now? Wink

Rogerbee wrote:He does look really good.

How about splodging some marker ink onto a piece of card and applying it with either a very thin brush or a pin?

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger, tried that before without much success, the 'ink/paint' tends to dry super fast and you just end up with a gooey puddle and a ruined brush. Most of the metallic markers seem to be alcohol based even when they say they're acrylic.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Daaaaammmn!  Pure madness seeing this come together.  Can't even believe how good this is looking.  Incredible.

Thank you very much RS!

Done all the little paint bits I wanted so he is officially finished now, I promise! Looking very outnumbered with the Wraith!!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 M1Zo0gu

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Tw5Wb4C

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Xv9Gnom

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 85ZAOfu

Did his fingernails too with paint and gloss.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 LN5z65F

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 PZKOXIL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 POTzP0E

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 K0gbymy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 B20OjPP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 KYoe0d6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 22wZXEw

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 K1uWRLd

The flash kind of kills his details but it was that or completely dark! Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 DmegsJL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 IiVsDCu

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 LwpmH9V

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 CEzpUgZ

Ordered a gold pencil and thought I'd give these markers a try..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 VjrlJx3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 Mh5qqJZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 KpyCfWJ

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, he turned out amazing. All the building that went into this figure... I wish I had that kind of ambition.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 C8485110

peter the painter

Wonderful work Alex, you have created a great looking Dwalin, your attention to detail, to say nothing of your ability to custom make it, is truly admirable.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, those markers could work. You could always try bare metal foil or even gold leaf.

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
Yep...In the midst of all those rascally wraiths, poor little Dwalin ain't got a chance.

Fear not, Dwalin. Helps on the way.

Great work, brotha. I'm consistently impressed.

And, I'll be interested to know how those markers work. I've actually tried some similar to those with varying degrees of success.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Man, he turned out amazing. All the building that went into this figure... I wish I had that kind of ambition.

Thank you Mark! Well setting the bench mark higher for myself each time is how I continue to learn and improve my skill set. Plus the challenge makes it far more interesting to me, like a puzzle.

peter the painter wrote:Wonderful work Alex, you have created a great looking Dwalin, your attention to detail, to say nothing of your ability to custom make it, is truly admirable.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you Peter! Means a lot!

Rogerbee wrote:Yeah, those markers could work. You could always try bare metal foil or even gold leaf.

CHEERS!

Thought of that but won't work for a bunch of reasons, I appreciate the ideas though! I think I'll end up doing a 2D styled drawing/painting technique where you just show partial bits of the patterns like a trick of the light.

dadrab wrote:Yep...In the midst of all those rascally wraiths, poor little Dwalin ain't got a chance.

Fear not, Dwalin. Helps on the way.

Great work, brotha. I'm consistently impressed.

And, I'll be interested to know how those markers work. I've actually tried some similar to those with varying degrees of success.

LOL! Thank you dadrab! Great narration of his predicament! He'll have to hold them off for a while so just as well I started with the biggest warrior Dwarf!
The markers, like you say will be hit or miss, if they don't work on this I'm sure they'll come in handy for Zoid builds etc..

Got Balin mocked up to get an idea of what I need to do...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 O7w1EmI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 5 0xA6Jfw

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Depending on the intricacy of the design, you might be able to cut up pieces of gold duct tape and attach them to the cloth. Worked ok on my non-superhero Thor's Anglo-Saxon-design-based tunic, but of course I was dealing with fairly large geometric patterns. Check out The Odinssons thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum