OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 31]

peter the painter

The pattern looks pretty convincing to me, anyhow the overall look stands very well indeed.

From this,

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 43885324911_1cc5aeebb9_zSLmd8Ma by Peter Miles, on Flickr

to this, Amazing work.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 44251751941_c35695228e_zVroYFiZ by Peter Miles, on Flickr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 44251752001_6dbb90ebc0_zWEeB1mq by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Really fine looking figure there.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:The pattern looks pretty convincing to me, anyhow the overall look stands very well indeed.
Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks for editing the pics Peter!

Rogerbee wrote:Really fine looking figure there.

CHEERS!

Cheers Roger!

Done his articulation as I almost forgot! And nearly finished his boots, need weathering and the silver caps still.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 FTbHcm6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Qewyed6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 KuSUx30

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 UqLEQeP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 FO2HPmR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 H7a1klC

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Those boots look so good, really well done!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Those boots look so good, really well done!

CHEERS!

Thank you very much Roger! They were a pain in the neck to lace though, especially as I used rolled paper string that's used to tie Transformers to their clamshell packaging! LOL. Used bits of a coffee drum peal back seal to make the silver toecaps. All done now except for affixing the head and adding a little bit of light grey to the hair/beard etc.. and making his glaive. Might make that when I need to use black milliput for other stuff too as it's a pain to clean up (tools, hands etc..).

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 CZ2B6PR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Ql5puLy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 MxekPP0

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 VUD6yBg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 VzXY58u

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 E6WQUgZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 QTWNGGA

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Getting better and better!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
What he said, LOL!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man, that outfit just gets better and better.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Getting better and better!

Rogerbee wrote:What he said, LOL!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011 wrote:Man, that outfit just gets better and better.

Just as well I've finished him! Seems like you guys have run out of things to say! LOL.
Done a bit of added paint to the head sculpt, adding grey to his beard, gloss to his eyes and mouth, accenting his two scars and giving his nose more burst capillaries as he's obviously enjoyed imbibing over the years Wink . I'll make his weapon when I need to build a bunch of them as it just makes it much easier to do them together using the same techniques.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 XWONyn9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 LUK0JAh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 KBDM5FN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 FZXldDN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 PMzd0p2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 FjZbxxA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 N2FWJVI

peter the painter

Both Dwalin and Balin look excellent, your custom collection continues to amaze, looking forward to your next addition.

Cheers,

Peter

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
They are both brilliant. I too look forward to whoever is next.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Both Dwalin and Balin look excellent, your custom collection continues to amaze, looking forward to your next addition.
Cheers,
Peter

Rogerbee wrote:They are both brilliant. I too look forward to whoever is next.
CHEERS!

Thanks guys! I'm doing Nori next since I have a body already built the correct size for him and he looks like less work (famous last words!) although his gauntlets and boots might prove to be a challenge, he also has a lot of knives..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 D0fUNS0

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Another fun one there methinks!

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
Astounding work, my man.

I love the result and am looking forward to the next.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And to think it all started like a Santa impersonator! Well done, Sir Shovelchop!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Another fun one there methinks!

CHEERS!

dadrab wrote:Astounding work, my man.

I love the result and am looking forward to the next.

GubernatorFan wrote:And to think it all started like a Santa impersonator! Well done, Sir Shovelchop!

Thanks guys! Back at the beginning again.. makes me think of an Iron Maiden song but I forget which one.. Here are some reference pics for the more complicated bits and his actual costume on display, followed by my early start on him.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 StPg8Nb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 WWEkSBp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 IIDqO4L

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 RFr0aBR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 SFUex5f

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 RzcEcCt

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 3SlKvuy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Mxj1YJ1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 3SlRMK2

peter the painter

You've made a grand start on Nori Alex, once again looking forward to seeing his development.

Cheers,

Peter.

dadrab

dadrab
Rapid-fire dwarfs. Excellent.

Yep, damn fine start already and I'm really looking forward to the boot modifications. Those look really cool.

peter the painter

Forgot to ask, are you going to give Balin his peculiar mace/sword?

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 44275777762_72f5bb8658_cleonid-vinogradov-screenshot011 by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:You've made a grand start on Nori Alex, once again looking forward to seeing his development.
Cheers,
Peter.

Thank you!

dadrab wrote:Rapid-fire dwarfs. Excellent.

Yep, damn fine start already and I'm really looking forward to the boot modifications. Those look really cool.

LOL, Rapid-fire Dwarfs! Last one wasn't, must have got a jam! Wink Got an idea how to do the boots, will be interesting if it works.

peter the painter wrote:Forgot to ask, are you going to give Balin his peculiar mace/sword?
Cheers,
Peter.

Yes. When I do some other weapons all together as the black milliput is a pain to clean off hands, tools etc.. then I can spray them all at the same time, make leather goods too etc..

Been busy cutting glueing and sewing...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 SAgt0q0

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 RI0xRVG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 C9Ajsvq

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 QOtxrjk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 WhX9kBu

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 NOYsAWX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 99uZIje

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 L0kkFIt

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 XYRLHPw

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 BjT2To9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 UySF7hj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Icm3PDj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 P9A7nip

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 XDa4l0y

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Sww9Hut

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Uqojy86

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 TNR1iCX

peter the painter

Nori's costume is coming along very nicely.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Nori's costume is coming along very nicely.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you!

Surprised I didn't shatter all my right cheek molars getting all these patterns lined up for printing, it was a bit like trying to dock onto the international space station with a mouse on a couch cushion! There are about 20 little segments that have to be lined up to the exact pixel using said mouse just to create one line of pattern and that's after all the resizing, rotating cutting, pasting, saving of each design piece into multiples that have to be spliced together on one sheet a line at a time. Just glad the printer didn't play up! There's the odd smudge due to the nature of the material being printed on since it's cotton fabric but I think it came out pretty crisp especially for the size and after all the modifications I had to do to the original images! Done his coat's under flaps too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 WBd9KJk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 6BGWkGw

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Mw5satJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 2j56x4E

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 Cx4oRQ4

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 UvX7NcZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 2CFESb6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 JlvmQWY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 E6WXP36

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 KaaPkt5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 12 P7PvE8g

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum