OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 25]

shovelchop81

HA-HA!! Success! Assuming it won't smudge when dry.... wish I could safely clear coat it....hairspray maybe... Anyway it worked! Chose the design below for the most options like the squares in the middle and printed it twice on the orange-red side.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 Bp4pO0E

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 4ulQ1bo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 U61eOY6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 IBujF1T

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 IzVQNrB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 XmYTSEW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 LeUNVBj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 QqyPCNV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 OEkGKCn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 0OMFkXA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 SaBp3SZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 4ozmM39

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Another masterpiece taking shape. At least there's proof that you do read all our posts now, LOL!

CHEERS!

dadrab

Outstanding finish to Nori. He looks awesome (was there any doubt?).

Brilliant wicker print, too. It's going to look mighty fine.

peter the painter

That print looks great, would a matt acrylic spray not help to  fix it?

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool looking Nori. Gloin looks like he’d be bad-@$$!

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Another masterpiece taking shape. At least there's proof that you do read all our posts now, LOL!

CHEERS!

Oh the monitor in the background? Very Happy

dadrab wrote:Outstanding finish to Nori. He looks awesome (was there any doubt?).

Brilliant wicker print, too. It's going to look mighty fine.

Thank you sir!

peter the painter wrote:That print looks great, would a matt acrylic spray not help to  fix it?

Cheers,

Peter.

Thank you, sadly not, even the liquid clear makes the ink run, although after the ink dried it seems smudge-proof and fixed which is a relief!

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool looking Nori. Gloin looks like he’d be bad-@$$!

Well he's Gimli's Dad, I'd expect no less! Wink Already have his weapons ready since my custom Gimli could spare a couple of extras!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Built Gloin's body to his impressive proportions even for a Dwarf shoulder/stockiness wise since he's a veteran great Dwarven warrior like Dwalin but he is a bit shorter. Clothing is the usual mock-up just to get an idea.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 AvBsz5I

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 BtGCdgJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 XKWv2aN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 PTvCOlP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 Uy7MHVj

peter the painter

Great start, he's looking good already.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, you're going great guns!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Great start, he's looking good already.

Cheers,

Peter.

Well the good looking part is all you!  Wink

Rogerbee wrote:Yeah, you're going great guns!

CHEERS!

Talking of which, been slacking a bit as I've been busy with 3 gun builds, a Kriss Vector, My L96 and my birthday present to myself, a full gas blowback IWI Tavor T21 bullpup assault rifle which I've just spent all day converting from from right handed to left handed with no bloody parts diagrams or instructions! Not in the box or anywhere on the internet! Evil or Very Mad  All done now though! Twisted Evil

Right handed configuration:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 4Kp11ka

Total gutting and rebuild required:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 MeeVwZq

Left handed configuration, reversed ejection port, reversed cocking lever, reversed fire controller switch:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 CwhNWSI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 N1mmHJz

Gave Gloin some feet at least... Laughing

dadrab

dadrab
shovelchop81 wrote:

Well thank goodness for that... Running from Dragons without feet has got to be a bitch. Cool

Nice looking "toy" you rebuilt.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Cool weaponry! Happy Birthday for whenever it was or is!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Well thank goodness for that... Running from Dragons without feet has got to be a bitch. Cool

Nice looking "toy" you rebuilt.

Rogerbee wrote:Cool weaponry! Happy Birthday for whenever it was or is!

CHEERS!

Thanks guys!

Been busy recuperating from a birthday bender as I actually got out of the house for a change so not a lot done but some. The printed tunic 'armour' is pretty bullet proof as far as scratching and fading goes but also bloody difficult to work with as it's really stiff, I can soften it slightly with baby oil/cream but might still need to invest in a decent stapler as there is no way to get a needle through it! Lots of layers to build as well, he has an armoured waistcoat on top of an armoured layered tunic which is on top of another regular material tunic on top of trousers and they all need to have boarders made. I padded out his waist and butt too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 FBLHp9D

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 J45v0aB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 VGx1ZqG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 PPmGDDl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 6cN1urW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 SNRsnYA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 AXFtXOX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 MXQdxYI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 DlZIrNj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 PkVAO16

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 L53whmS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 CoaQKVl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 5nopdxL

peter the painter

I can see him starting to come together, he is going to look so good, love all the work you've done on the Dwarves to date. Forgot to add a belated many Happy returns for your Birthday.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Birthdays are made for celebrating! He's coming along nicely.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wait, I missed your Birthday? Sounds like it was a good one (good on you for getting out of the house). H.B. Day! And Gloin’s looking good.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 C8485110

dadrab

dadrab
Belated Happy Birthday wishes.

This is going to be another epic build and I'm really looking forward to it.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Rock solid as always!
The Lord of the Rings is such a great tale of Friendship and courage. I suspect people in a 1000 years will wonder if it actually happened!
I tried to make sure it was not mentioned elsewhere, so forgive me if this is redundant, the bodies are identical to the Playmates 9" that my Star Trek figures have. Just in case you're u ever need to search for more. ( actually, the 12-13" Playmates bodies are the same too, just bigger. )
Damn! Can't wait for the group shot!
Peter, LOVE your sculpt work!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The newest chap looks pretty much ready to take on Middle Earth. But I know better; more perfection on the way.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:I can see him starting to come together, he is going to look so good, love all the work you've done on the Dwarves to date. Forgot to add a belated many Happy returns for your Birthday.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee wrote:Birthdays are made for celebrating! He's coming along nicely.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011 wrote:Wait, I missed your Birthday? Sounds like it was a good one (good on you for getting out of the house). H.B. Day! And Gloin’s looking good.

dadrab wrote:Belated Happy Birthday wishes.

This is going to be another epic build and I'm really looking forward to it.

Pontiacivan wrote:Rock solid as always!
The Lord of the Rings is such a great tale of Friendship and courage. I suspect people in a 1000 years will wonder if it actually happened!
I tried to make sure it was not mentioned elsewhere, so forgive me if this is redundant, the bodies are identical to the Playmates 9" that my Star Trek figures have. Just in case you're u ever need to search for more. ( actually, the 12-13" Playmates bodies are the same too, just bigger. )
Damn! Can't wait for the group shot!
Peter,  LOVE your sculpt work!

Thank you very much guys! Cheers for the tip on the bodies, I guess they must be made by the same company, I'm pretty sure the Star Trek ones will be pricier than the £10 MIB unwanted Austin Powers figures! Wink

Still building his layers of 'leather' armour, getting there..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 RIYGmRt

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 KNt1ovY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 JZrXSPa

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 TQZi7yP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 C62ypPM

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good as always!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good as always!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger, this is the back armour fabricated, still loads of aesthetics and fitting to do, makes me think of Samurai armour.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 JPLrk3L

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 SfUMzKr

peter the painter

The costume is coming together very well, it looks like complicated work, but by what you've accomplished to date, I'm sure he will look the biz when he's done.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, it does look a little Japanese now you mention it. I'm taking it as easy as I dare right now as I've done my back in again. It's a bugger, but, I've come to live with it.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Yeah, it does look a little Japanese now you mention it. I'm taking it as easy as I dare right now as I've done my back in again. It's a bugger, but, I've come to live with it.

CHEERS!

Ah crap man, that sucks! Sorry to hear it, only done it once myself, I was just reposing a figure on a lower shelf and suddenly had to fall to my hands and knees, I was stuck there in in pain for ages not being able to move, not fun. I hope you've managed to get somewhere comfortable to rest and recover!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:The costume is coming together very well, it looks like complicated work, but by what you've accomplished to date, I'm sure he will look the biz when he's done.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks! Yup it is a challenging material to work with, too stiff but my other options were (at the time) to hand sew a heck of a lot of thin suede together creating the pattern from scratch or print on much finer material that would fade quickly. I think looking back I might have been better off prepainting the thinner material and printing on that like I did with this thicker double sided fabric which would have made the finer material more durable but not too stiff. I'll get this to work even if I end up shaping it with wire or elastic etc...

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

Ah crap man, that sucks! Sorry to hear it, only done it once myself, I was just reposing a figure on a lower shelf and suddenly had to fall to my hands and knees, I was stuck there in in pain for ages not being able to move, not fun. I hope you've managed to get somewhere comfortable to rest and recover!

Yeah, it's happened to me on and off for years. It always seems to be the most trivial of things that triggers it, just reaching over for something and bang. I'm fine when sitting or lying down, it's just the bits inbetween that aren't much fun. I'm walking with a stick at the moment, I feel 110!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Been constantly working on his costume but tend to feel like nothing is getting done, tried out inks on the weave pattern with sucky results so I'm canning that idea, I'd tested the ink on parts that can easily be hidden; the thick coat of acrylic paint prevents the fabric absorbing the ink.
Just finished all the border work and will be assembling the armour next after painting over any glue residue marks.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 7ncLLFd

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 W59xsDo

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 IK4KNE2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 PsGR4Vp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 Z3gRdfb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 VxvIvKd

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 DsDFIsV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 GDst40x

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 RqmvccC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 13 GUMAwX7

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Coming along nicely. Great eye for detail.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum