OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 31]

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Definitely coming along now.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Finished painting the head except some gloss for the eyes etc.. started on the boots.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 GwgrpON

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 6U6PBYX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 JE0GbsT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 PaE6lZT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 IO9JfxC

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Head looks great. If you had some left over, you could maybe experiment with adding some "real hair" strands around the plastic -- but be careful in case they need to be removed. Just an idea.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Head looks great. If you had some left over, you could maybe experiment with adding some "real hair" strands around the plastic -- but be careful in case they need to be removed. Just an idea.

All used up mate, I take it you mean the Sculpy? Adding some to the sculpted hair? Tricky to pull that off for various reasons to be honest, done it before.

peter the painter

That's a good colour match on the hair, I know what you mean about adding strands to sculpted hair, also the flash photography highlights the texture difference quite a lot,very nice work though.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looks great, you managed to get the colours matched up really well there.

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
Well done, sir.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:That's a good colour match on the hair, I know what you mean about adding strands to sculpted hair, also the flash photography highlights the texture difference quite a lot,very nice work though.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Took some odd multi colour mixes and layers but got there in the end. Yes my snap photography with a flash will always bring out any flaws mercilessly but that can often be a useful tool in the WIP to give me a different perspective to spot where improvements can be made, in this case it does look more uniform to the naked eye but getting these two media to blend perfectly is even something the professionals still fall short on so I can live with it  Wink .

Rogerbee wrote:Looks great, you managed to get the colours matched up really well there.

CHEERS!

Thank you Roger!

dadrab wrote:Well done, sir.

Cheers dadrab!

Made connectors for the head which was quite tricky on this one but works using lubricated rubber, also modded a pair of matching hands (harder to find than you'd think as they also need to match his face!) from my 'box of hands'. I tested gripping a real axe myself in different ways to feel what would work best and decided one natural grip hand would work for both the Dane axe and the throwing axe (got a few real ones of those too) and a hand with a grip and thumb support works well on the upper part of the Dane axe's haft, securing the indexing point for the blade's edge alignment and allowing the haft to slide through the grip to strike (I did some Viking re-enactment years ago).

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 UIZBYW3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 5tPjWqG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 BmgfnhL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 HQHCMNZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 8rTWTVw

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 O0sQObS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 VXGbcCC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 BsWjghY

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Dare I say he's completed? Anyway, coming along beautifully.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looking great there!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Dare I say he's completed? Anyway, coming along beautifully.

Rogerbee wrote:Looking great there!

CHEERS!

Thanks! As for finished, miles away! Got the hardest parts to do next: make a decorative leather belt and hand sculpted buckle, custom leather pouches, leather knife sheaths, custom knives, axe ring. Then very complicated vambraces that look like an Esher staircase print, all the complicated and layered bicep armour that might need to be cast in resin or latex plus multiple leather layers, and the boots! affraid

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 FyJFfJV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 YUEWHWF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 NmGG2x7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 LeUNVBj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 OEkGKCn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 Y6AZlKm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 MoGXBZu

Got better pics of these somewhere! scratch

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 TcWMyr8

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 Du6eHgH

Ah there we go!!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 C66c4888120b79e368aaaabd812e61d6

peter the painter

Great work on him so far, the overall look is really good, looking forward to seeing all the other small details that you add.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 44859865442_1d112ebf20_zbsWjghY by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
All the fun to come!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Great work on him so far, the overall look is really good, looking forward to seeing all the other small details that you add.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 44859865442_1d112ebf20_zbsWjghY by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks for photoshopping the pic again!

Rogerbee wrote:All the fun to come!

CHEERS!

I'm still avoiding the hard parts lol! Well I did stab myself inserting the scalpel blade completely vertically into the top of my right index finger which ironically was the exact same finger I was modding for the figure so he could hold the large axe! Cool Done some leather work for the boots and braided a bunch of brown waxed string to detail the edges of his vambraces/gauntlets.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 EDLYP8N

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 QD4A822

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 QSfRD2x

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 JfTtfsz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 K8Qzp7R

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Owww!! Scalpels and I don't get on all that well either. Be careful!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ouch. Be careful... better safe than sorry. How would you continue your awesome custom work if you caused any irreparable damage to the tools of your trade?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Owww!! Scalpels and I don't get on all that well either. Be careful!

CHEERS!

Ah well that's what elastic bands and tape are for until you can apply some TCP and a bandage.

More boot work, scavenged loads of buckles from some German backpacks and started the big belt...trimmed the beard into the geometric pattern he has and glossed the eyes etc..pic doesn't show this very well at all. I also made a 'sheet' of Dwarven scale armour by taking impressions from a 1/6 rotocast Gimli figure's armour repeatedly in flattened plasticine coated with silicone oil, then applied the first layer of black liquid latex that is now curing.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 UYoMnaC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 J8EdJsX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 FGdsekH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 RMdAwUk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 RmLclme

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 QrKtEDh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 RkhSnO8

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 LwLQ091

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
TCP!? Oooh no, that'll sting like a bitch! I just run them under a cold tap and leave them.

Keep up the good work, if you can bear to!

CHEERS!

Ovy

Ovy
You are a machine! This thread is more fun than the Hobbit movies.

And yeah I feel you, last week I cut away a piece of my left middlefinger while cutting styrofoam.

When they are all finished, please make a very long detail showcase video using this song, send it to WETA and Peter Jackson and make them cry happy tears. Thx, bye! :p

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Ovy wrote:You are a machine! This thread is more fun than the Hobbit movies.

And yeah I feel you, last week I cut away a piece of my left middlefinger while cutting styrofoam.

When they are all finished, please make a very long detail showcase video using this song, send it to WETA and Peter Jackson and make them cry happy tears. Thx, bye! :p

Beautiful and very moving song! Well discovered, reminds me very much of the Irish band Clannad from Donegal who Enya used to be the lead singer for back in the day a long time ago. They even use the Irish bodhran in the song you found (a hand held drum hit with a double ended tapping stick).

Also from a film, 'Harry's Game' about the Northern Irish 'Troubles' back in the early 80's

peter the painter

Great work on the sundries, love the way the beard turned out too.

Cheers,

Peter.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That is a lot of fantastic work, my friend. Amazing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum