OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 25]

peter the painter

Alex, the boots look really good. hope you don't mind me saying, for what it's worth, darkening the lower half of the paintwork on the foot, and dry brushing with light tan, would bring out that distinctive shape of the boot you've created considerably.
Used micro soft paint on pic below to show you what I mean,Great work though in any case.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 45031014052_a02f827d99_zw11Gvsf by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Those boots look ace!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

peter the painter wrote:Alex, the boots look really good. hope you don't mind me saying, for what it's worth, darkening the lower half of the paintwork on the foot, and dry brushing with light tan, would bring out that distinctive shape of the boot you've created considerably.
Used micro soft paint on pic below to show you what I mean,Great work though in any case.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 45031014052_a02f827d99_zw11Gvsf by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Great idea! I was thinking of weathering them with some light coloured dust using a dry sponge method which should have a similar effect as you correctly pointed out the dark colour does hide the characteristic angular shapes of these Dwarven boots. Brain's not too good coming down with something and still haven't fixed the bloody boiler! Mad  I'm worried I blew up the very expensive PCB but it does have a fuse that has blown on the PCB so hopefully that saved it! Well that's what its there for!! So it'll be a £4 fix or a £150 fix.....

Rogerbee wrote:Those boots look ace!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I will just chime in with the others, the boots blend in beautifully with the rest of the outfit. And I am sorry to hear about your 1:1 boiler woes.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Good call on the boots. Hope you get sorted soon.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Cheers! Just waiting on the special fuse!

Painted the plates of scale armour, I also had to paint the black latex red underneath after looking more closely at the reference pics, used a metallic red paint marker for that.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 HAXAV9z

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 T0L6rPY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 VuBydSV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 OL0HGbK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Xy4hwnZ

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Sculpted/carved the belt buckle, touched up the silver and red on the bicep plate armour, added a dust weathering to the boots and darkened the straps.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 FunMUB1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 FObGAo6

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 CE3WUNf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 KlYKqDh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 MON5sUI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 MolKjYc

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
More ingenuity at play, love it!

CHEERS!

peter the painter

Great looking details, the boots armour and belt look just right, super work all round.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:More ingenuity at play, love it!

CHEERS!

peter the painter wrote:Great looking details, the boots armour and belt look just right, super work all round.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks guys! More detail work being done for the belt and all its accessories, still need to paint the buckle and add its tines, the narrower belt will be on top of the wider one. Started his mini daggers that I think must be hunting skinning knives as they'd be pretty useless on the battlefield (the handles will be cut short and angled), I don't think you can shank orcs to death?! Also found that the little elastic band locks you get on some packaged goods will work well as his tunic fasteners when painted silver.
Got the boiler working yay!! It was fortunately just the PCB fuse.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 I0p5Nvm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 8fRG6rc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 LeUNVBj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 RuWgUKZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 VO7MVRF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Y6AZlKm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 VP4GWOv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 J31kq13

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
They look ace! Glad you'll be warm again!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice touches on all the little details for the clasps and buckle. Those boots turned out great.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:They look ace! Glad you'll be warm again!

CHEERS!

Thanks! And hot water! Don't realise how much you take it for granted until you go to have a shower then remember you haven't got any!

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice touches on all the little details for the clasps and buckle. Those boots turned out great.

Cheers Stryker! I might improve on the accuracy of the fasteners in the future but they work for now.

Finished the belt and the weapons are nearly done, gauntlets are next and the last things I think.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Tx5jM7n

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 DVIIOla

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 AeL6QVJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 P3EpreU

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 E3zChB9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 J2tAZzn

peter the painter

Great costume and weapon details, really looking forward to seeing the finished version of Glion.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 30196300227_22a030ee88_ztx5jM7n by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

I'm sure I'll have all the fun of my own heating maintenance to come, though I'd never choose gas, only electric will do.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Great costume and weapon details, really looking forward to seeing the finished version of Glion.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 30196300227_22a030ee88_ztx5jM7n by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

Nearly there!

Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

I'm sure I'll have all the fun of my own heating maintenance to come, though I'd never choose gas, only electric will do.

CHEERS!

Nah, grew up with electric in Greece, take ages to heat up and can zap you if the earth's not very good, like on our island house the sheet rock's not very conductive so if you knock your pecker against the tap...ouch!! Athens converted to gas about 15 years ago.

Done the armguards/gauntlets more accurately than I'd planned but was worth the extra time.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 F319nDD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 WXXNXqS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Mw1cARA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Sv1kjEm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 VOGwjBT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 YWKGMDa

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Qf3Mq4F

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 SC9o4Qi

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 OmyOuxM

peter the painter

They look really good.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Very nice,

We converted to electric from solid fuel and it's been fine. I just wouldn't trust myself at all with gas.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I will just chime in with the others, the boots blend in beautifully with the rest of the outfit. And I am sorry to hear about your 1:1 boiler woes.

Sorry I missed you post GF! It was right at the bottom of page 8. Thank you!

peter the painter wrote:They look really good.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Even better on him! Wink

Rogerbee wrote:Very nice,

We converted to electric from solid fuel and it's been fine. I just wouldn't trust myself at all with gas.

CHEERS!

Cheers! Yeah I remember we had huge oil tanks too that were used for central heating not hot water.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Finished Gloin's weapons and the complete figure. I made his knives similar to Indonesian/Philippine karambit  knife that is used in martial arts for very close quarter attacks, I've got a nice one by Cold Steel, dangerous bit of kit if you don't know how to use one (pics are of a training one from the net). I'm going to give Gloin his own thread as I took many pictures in different poses using different weapons.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 QWYQY43

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 MBoywva

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Karambit_%28Tecnica_1%29

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 Karambit_%28Tecnica_2%29

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 9DymNB9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 FRkDS5P

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Impressive work. He turned out great.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 C8485110

peter the painter

Great work on Gloin Alex, with that array of weaponry he looks a real tough character too.

Cheers,

Peter

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
He is superb!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Great work on Gloin Alex, with that array of weaponry he looks a real tough character too.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks Peter!

Rogerbee wrote:He is superb!

CHEERS!

Thank you very much Roger! Please check out his dedicated thread, I've tried to show off his articulation and weaponry as much as possible.

Another of the biggest Dwarves next..Bofur! (on the left).

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 FaS3or9

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Will do,

Bofur looks like a fun build.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Will do,

Bofur looks like a fun build.

CHEERS!

Should be although he's deceptively complicated the closer you get to the actual costume, I'll be using a lot of hemp, yellow ink and tusks on this build! Wink Rebuilt some guns and did a lot of shooting so I think I'm about ready to tackle another Dwarf! Laughing

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 AGwtbvA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 0Gl2lxI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 7R6Kqbu

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 TH6hbuA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 17 V3OeS9m

peter the painter

Alex, I thought it was Bifur on the left of the pic and not Bofur? Bifur looks to be another complicated figure, however having seen your previous builds I'm sure he will look a treat, still admiring your Gloin, and other figures at the moment, but looking forward to seeing Bofur/Bifur's  development, whichever you choose to do next.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:

Alex, I thought it was Bifur on the left of the pic and not Bofur? Bifur looks to be another complicated figure, however having seen your previous builds I'm sure he will look a treat, still admiring your Gloin, and other figures at the moment, but looking forward to seeing Bofur/Bifur's  development, whichever you choose to do next.

Cheers,

Peter.

LOL, I keep getting these two brothers names mixed up and tend to think of them as James Nesbitt and the one with the axe in his head! His costume make me think of a wasp with the yellowish and brown/black patterns then his long boar hunting spear as a stinger.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'm sure you'll be able to work everything out.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum