OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 31]

shovelchop81

Stryker2011 wrote:When are these idiots going to wake up and realize it's not the tool that does the killing, it's the person wielding it.

They think they're placating the public and sadly there are a lot of ignorant and stupid people out there who run for cover whenever they see the word gun or knife, sadly I know some of them...bloody irritating argument with someone I've known for 30 years about it on FB today, bloody depressing how even a friend can't be reasoned with because they've been brainwashed by the tabloid newspapers Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

Anyway..screw all that... second body done mostly, given this one slightly narrower and lower shoulders. I'd like to say I'm getting the hang of it now but I'll be dealing with different parts for the next ones! That's what happens when you scratch build from stuff lying around Wink I'm saving lots of money though so I can stock up on swords and knives I've always wanted this month before the ban can be implemented Smile They don't seem to have taken into account all the sword, knife, hunting and fishing shops that used to be brick and mortar in town shut down years ago due to online sales! So there's nowhere to go to buy them anyway even if I wasn't agoraphobic... I actually bought my huge fan shaped sword display stand (holds 20) from what used to be our local sword and knife shop when he had to close down.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 XEATj6c

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 AAEjphG

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Coming along nicely!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Coming along nicely!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! Forum's very quiet today, did I miss something?

Anyway don't really care if I did, been busy enjoying season 1 and 2 of 'Colony' excellent post invasion sci-fi series. Finished off the second body and have started Dwalin's, he's the big one! And my favourite looks wise. He has bare muscled forearms but luckily I have the perfect parts for that, arms that came off a 'Prince Of Narnia' armoured Cyclops, I used his decorative breastplate on one of my Wraith builds. Anyway Dwalin is taller and broader than the other dwarves so needs those mods incorporated into his body along with the forearms.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 WYkGGg7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 T6hpfbi

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 DcCh4mK

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 RjdcEXu

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 YZWr57v

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 HLACGPe

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 2GUu5C5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 BKzL4TY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 KOfEW8m

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 I1NSlG9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 RzKguF5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 YcK2Iv7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Jxb2S8w

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool. Dwalin was my favorite look of the Dwarves, as well. Looking forward to seeing how you pull this off.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I noticed it was quiet,

Well, there is an England match on...

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
It's been pretty quiet for the last few days actually. Must be Summer vacations, or folks are just sick of us already. Sad

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Not that there was any doubt, but it is always impressive how much thought you put into each and every piece, making it just right for what it is supposed to portray, rather than being generic. And all the foresight keeping bits and pieces from other figures and items around for use in your builds. Also, I crack up every time I see these patriotic British knickers. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Not that there was any doubt, but it is always impressive how much thought you put into each and every piece, making it just right for what it is supposed to portray, rather than being generic. And all the foresight keeping bits and pieces from other figures and items around for use in your builds. Also, I crack up every time I see these patriotic British knickers. Smile

Cheers GF! Well that's what my bags and draws and tubs of parts, clothing and materials are for! Lucky I have a large storage room!

Talking of which...just went through all my 1/6 clothing bags and selected this stuff for different reasons like the pattern of the material, the size, the colour, the style of clothing and general usability for these guys. Better to know I have it and not use it than get stuck needing something I have but not knowing I have it! Laughing Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 A4ed9nX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Us9G1NQ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 NSmiGdw

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 TI9ugUX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 GKwjdRr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 B6d9ZQ3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 BPNdQ0a

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 G47gtWL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 FB6q42M

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 MA5nZUx

To be honest though I think I'll have to trawl the web for pics of Dwarven angular Celtic patterns and print them off on printer friendly cotton A4 sheets, haven't done that in years! LOL.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Wow, fascinating watching these come together. the way you're widening the bodies is just something I'd never think to do. Damn, doing this right after the ring wraiths, you're going to have one hell of a huge cast of characters. Impressive as always, and enjoying watching this come together.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
ReverendSpooky wrote:Wow, fascinating watching these come together.  the way you're widening the bodies is just something I'd never think to do.  Damn, doing this right after the ring wraiths, you're going to have one hell of a huge cast of characters.  Impressive as always, and enjoying watching this come together.

Thank you RS! I think I'll end up with a ring of Dwarves around my ring of Wraiths! Laughing

Talking of widening bodies, that torso piece was a bit too wide!! Embarassed

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 BV5mXsR

So had to rethink his build and used another piece dremelled down and secured the figure parts with wood screws after hand drilling holes for them. Cut his forearms off but haven't attached the new ones yet (been busy working on that rifle) and now he seems more proportional to his character width and height wise. It's funny because I have his sculpt staring at me while I'm also watching 'Colony' season 3 where Graham McTavish who plays Dwalin the Dwarf I'm working on also has a major role in 'Colony' bald headed and bearded too! Very Happy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 OOsqkfs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 OC2jJQZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 5dnqB0S

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 ZQaq0Th

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Bo3Wbtr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 VxZCE9o

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 UGzWtkP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 B4VzBYk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 XZtXj4v

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 0wwDBcT

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Funny how they look like a bunch of disparate parts almost randomly put together, yet at the end they will look just like the real thing.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Funny how they look like a bunch of disparate parts almost randomly put together, yet at the end they will look just like the real thing.

LOL!
Definition of build. built \ˈbilt\; building. transitive verb. 1 : to form by ordering and uniting materials by gradual means into a composite whole wrote:

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good,

Notifications must be off again, I didn't get one for last night's post or the one above.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I'm getting them, not sure if they're in real time though as I haven't checked, been busy dremelling! Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 YN5E3GU

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 IfQiiJ1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 TtE3K8d

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 U1j9CKY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 GRWGnqr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 QagwM5s

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Yu1B6aC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 7bmOrVD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 DBhSqOY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 PsJcVSJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 ZcbAT9M

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Got that one!

Makes me laugh that a mean dwarf is wearing Austin Powers underpants. "Oh behave!"

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Got that one! Makes me laugh that a mean dwarf is wearing Austin Powers underpants. "Oh behave!"

That's what they are! I knew they somehow looked familiar but couldn't place them. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah baby!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Got that one!

Makes me laugh that a mean dwarf is wearing Austin Powers underpants. "Oh behave!"

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Got that one! Makes me laugh that a mean dwarf is wearing Austin Powers underpants. "Oh behave!"

That's what they are! I knew they somehow looked familiar but couldn't place them. Smile

Rogerbee wrote:Yeah baby!

CHEERS!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 EAGhoS8

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Hobbyid-3138_austinpowers_fig

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh, behave! Smile

MerylAkiba

These look great. How do you get started? I buy a ton of loose parts, and for some reason, I don't know how to start?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh, behave! Smile

Never! Twisted Evil

MerylAkiba wrote:These look great. How do you get started? I buy a ton of loose parts, and for some reason, I don't know how to start?

I just think of the builds like puzzles and have a vague overall picture in my head but mostly just tackle one bit at a time like problem solving. If you try and think about everything required at once it will just get confusing and drive you mad! Wink I hope that helps! Also as you can see I sort out any possibly useful parts in the beginning so I know what I have to work with but it doesn't mean I have to use all of it.

peter the painter

Alex the Dwarfs are coming along very nicely indeed, your problem solving skills are admirable.

Cheers,

Peter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum