OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 25]

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:Coming along nicely! You seem to be on a roll.

CHEERS!

More like a progressive wobble! Wink

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Wobble away, at least you're doing something.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

Done a lot of his outer robe, glued all the patterns in place and I'm now stitching them so they won't peel off down the road. Also narrowed the robe for a better fit, got the fur for the hem and shoulders; the belt materials are shown there too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 6CbbPjX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 Po85huD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 BsMemLh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 DU6TWTF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 DvelLPV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 Xty8xCI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 VntvrQ9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 S0RmQHC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 RS05DJU

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 AmYHgZH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 Z0EScpR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 Ax7yyKk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 N06ExKe

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 NkscI6c

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 XhhTAPv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 TNrjl4o

peter the painter

The amount of patience and skill involved in these builds is just mind boggling, more great work.

Cheers,

Peter.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another meaningful step towards the finished line, well done!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nicely done!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:The amount of patience and skill involved in these builds is just mind boggling, more great work.

Cheers,

Peter.

GubernatorFan wrote:Another meaningful step towards the finished line, well done!

Rogerbee wrote:Nicely done!

CHEERS!

Thanks guys!
A lot of sewing later... sewed on the fur but needs to be trimmed back a lot, looks like a convincing hippy coat right now! Laughing

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 NmL4zds

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 KmVdoZL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 GO0J2DF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 ZGXTdD4

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 GSxV5jR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 UGtY1RX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 JgWhp8w

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 40MV83W

Also makes me think of Rygel from Farscape as I just watched it all again recently! Very Happy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 Latest?cb=20100321045935

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 7kOwJl2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 OKIJ6u3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 L2vXNVX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 IKgAJQR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 0SmHDtT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 S2mCCfC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 ROCiuHl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 Y6cA0Gr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 JkvpSeD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 0ts0DxV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 FGsGHzr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 5gu3aGZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 SLaTldI

peter the painter

Looks amazing, great detail already.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That looks great, real skills shining through.

CHEERS!

dadrab

dadrab
Beautiful work, man.

I'm pretty convinced you can replicate most any type of clothing.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Looks amazing, great detail already.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter!

Rogerbee wrote:That looks great, real skills shining through.

CHEERS!

Thank you Roger!

dadrab wrote:Beautiful work, man.

I'm pretty convinced you can replicate most any type of clothing.

Cheers dadrab! Ironically struggling a bit with the shoulder 'armour', trying something new by using 1/1 bootlace strands with a wide eyed needle since using pleather seemed like more work and studs also seemed like a messy jigsaw puzzle to try and pull off the look of the weaved armour...we'll see if it works or not.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 0Gl2lxI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 7R6Kqbu

Just started with the brown, there will be a lot more black to do...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 RqfIMjz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 KgHmIhD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 TYtRrET

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 HCaWhaC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 OtGESLk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 De7NLyy

peter the painter

Even more outstanding detail work.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Very ingenious!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Even more outstanding detail work.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee wrote:Very ingenious!

CHEERS!

Thanks guys! Not happy with the results though so going back to weaving real leather and pleather, just trying to get the strips cut to the correct width, thought I had but they're too wide so got to cut them all again patiently with a scalpel as they seem to be too narrow to use the roller cutter. I'll also undo all the stitching bootlace work to replace it.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 Ek7BC27

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 A66WvMN

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 TPblPJp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 Yl9so95

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 WpkMMoV

dadrab

dadrab
Man, that looks good.

Allotropos

Allotropos
I am just loving these updates !!
Give us more !! Give us more !! Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I'm sure it'll all come good in the end.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:Man, that looks good.

Allotropos wrote:I am just loving these updates !!
Give us more !! Give us more !! Smile

Rogerbee wrote:I'm sure it'll all come good in the end.

CHEERS!

Cheers guys! It's all trial and error with something unfamiliar but that's what makes it interesting to me. Got more done, might narrow the darker brown pleather strips, then I have horizontal lines to weave as well.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 JcjxR0E

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 ZM7aXgW

peter the painter

Alex, your determination to get things right is certainly paying off.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
More than I could manage.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks cool so far.

Man, that's a lot of work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Alex, your determination to get things right is certainly paying off.

Cheers,

Peter.

Rogerbee wrote:More than I could manage.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks cool so far.

Man, that's a lot of work.

A bit tedious but getting there! Narrowed the darker pleather strips carefully with scissors and replaced them.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 DVZ00Jl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 6eBCm8c

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Coming together well now.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Cheers! I feel like I'm making a cross between a raffia mat and a complex Roman mosaic! I have to cut a slit in the fabric every I 'weave' a piece of leather through it, hard not to end up with just a load of leather and burlap confetti! I need to be quite strategic about each cut which is what takes time.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 Iso4UOe

Underneath:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 OMk7mUd

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 MTcy5iT

dadrab

dadrab
Time well-spent. That's looking damn good.

Ovy

Ovy
Shovelchop, working intensely:
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 D6FE

Community reaction:
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 814892b96c072fd3e2a0c9cbec0bb586

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:Time well-spent. That's looking damn good.

Cheers dadrab! Got the hand guards to do next...

Ovy wrote:Shovelchop, working intensely:
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 D6FE

Community reaction:
My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 19 814892b96c072fd3e2a0c9cbec0bb586

LOL! Brilliant finds there OVY!!

peter the painter

That shoulder cape is looking really good, he definitely seems like he has one of the most complicated outfits.

Cheers,

Peter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum