OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 25]

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:Not that there was any doubt, but it is always impressive how much thought you put into each and every piece, making it just right for what it is supposed to portray, rather than being generic. And all the foresight keeping bits and pieces from other figures and items around for use in your builds. Also, I crack up every time I see these patriotic British knickers. Smile

Cheers GF! Well that's what my bags and draws and tubs of parts, clothing and materials are for! Lucky I have a large storage room!

Talking of which...just went through all my 1/6 clothing bags and selected this stuff for different reasons like the pattern of the material, the size, the colour, the style of clothing and general usability for these guys. Better to know I have it and not use it than get stuck needing something I have but not knowing I have it! Laughing Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 A4ed9nX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Us9G1NQ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 NSmiGdw

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 TI9ugUX

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 GKwjdRr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 B6d9ZQ3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 BPNdQ0a

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 G47gtWL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 FB6q42M

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 MA5nZUx

To be honest though I think I'll have to trawl the web for pics of Dwarven angular Celtic patterns and print them off on printer friendly cotton A4 sheets, haven't done that in years! LOL.

ReverendSpooky

Wow, fascinating watching these come together. the way you're widening the bodies is just something I'd never think to do. Damn, doing this right after the ring wraiths, you're going to have one hell of a huge cast of characters. Impressive as always, and enjoying watching this come together.

http://reverendspooky.com

shovelchop81

ReverendSpooky wrote:Wow, fascinating watching these come together.  the way you're widening the bodies is just something I'd never think to do.  Damn, doing this right after the ring wraiths, you're going to have one hell of a huge cast of characters.  Impressive as always, and enjoying watching this come together.

Thank you RS! I think I'll end up with a ring of Dwarves around my ring of Wraiths! Laughing

Talking of widening bodies, that torso piece was a bit too wide!! Embarassed

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 BV5mXsR

So had to rethink his build and used another piece dremelled down and secured the figure parts with wood screws after hand drilling holes for them. Cut his forearms off but haven't attached the new ones yet (been busy working on that rifle) and now he seems more proportional to his character width and height wise. It's funny because I have his sculpt staring at me while I'm also watching 'Colony' season 3 where Graham McTavish who plays Dwalin the Dwarf I'm working on also has a major role in 'Colony' bald headed and bearded too! Very Happy

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 OOsqkfs

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 OC2jJQZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 5dnqB0S

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 ZQaq0Th

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Bo3Wbtr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 VxZCE9o

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 UGzWtkP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 B4VzBYk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 XZtXj4v

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 0wwDBcT

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Funny how they look like a bunch of disparate parts almost randomly put together, yet at the end they will look just like the real thing.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Funny how they look like a bunch of disparate parts almost randomly put together, yet at the end they will look just like the real thing.

LOL!
Definition of build. built \ˈbilt\; building. transitive verb. 1 : to form by ordering and uniting materials by gradual means into a composite whole wrote:

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good,

Notifications must be off again, I didn't get one for last night's post or the one above.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
I'm getting them, not sure if they're in real time though as I haven't checked, been busy dremelling! Wink

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 YN5E3GU

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 IfQiiJ1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 TtE3K8d

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 U1j9CKY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 GRWGnqr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 QagwM5s

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Yu1B6aC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 7bmOrVD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 DBhSqOY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 PsJcVSJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 ZcbAT9M

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Got that one!

Makes me laugh that a mean dwarf is wearing Austin Powers underpants. "Oh behave!"

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Got that one! Makes me laugh that a mean dwarf is wearing Austin Powers underpants. "Oh behave!"

That's what they are! I knew they somehow looked familiar but couldn't place them. Smile

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah baby!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Got that one!

Makes me laugh that a mean dwarf is wearing Austin Powers underpants. "Oh behave!"

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Got that one! Makes me laugh that a mean dwarf is wearing Austin Powers underpants. "Oh behave!"

That's what they are! I knew they somehow looked familiar but couldn't place them. Smile

Rogerbee wrote:Yeah baby!

CHEERS!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 EAGhoS8

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Hobbyid-3138_austinpowers_fig

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh, behave! Smile

MerylAkiba

These look great. How do you get started? I buy a ton of loose parts, and for some reason, I don't know how to start?

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Oh, behave! Smile

Never! Twisted Evil

MerylAkiba wrote:These look great. How do you get started? I buy a ton of loose parts, and for some reason, I don't know how to start?

I just think of the builds like puzzles and have a vague overall picture in my head but mostly just tackle one bit at a time like problem solving. If you try and think about everything required at once it will just get confusing and drive you mad! Wink I hope that helps! Also as you can see I sort out any possibly useful parts in the beginning so I know what I have to work with but it doesn't mean I have to use all of it.

peter the painter

Alex the Dwarfs are coming along very nicely indeed, your problem solving skills are admirable.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Alex the Dwarfs are coming along very nicely indeed, your problem solving skills are admirable.

Cheers,

Peter.

Not you too with the big gap then 'cheers'! Roger's always catching me out with his as it is! Wink
Thank you, I'll need to problem solve a lot on these builds as absolutely nothing is stock/off the peg!

Padded his back out as I'd planned then dressed him up to be in 'the ballpark' of his costume, still loads to do (change the boots for a start) and he's the easy one! The others all have complicated Dwarven patterns in their clothing (he does too but it's so faint) so I've been downloading a large amount of Dwarven/Celtic/Scandinavian boarder patterns to print off at a later date. Found I have plenty of different kinds of ink jet printable fabrics to use for that. I raided my Hasbro SW figures for boots and realised they had plenty of clothing to offer too, I had no idea Luke, Obi-Wan and Anakin were closet cross-dressers! Laughing Leotards and crop tops! Oh and some random non 1/6 scale stuff too including that 1/4 dark blue Kungfu shirt that might work as a coat for Thorin.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 GVsI1JM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 1pz7ZcM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 YAoVjLT

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 99crBaU

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 KYYQLsb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 6yd8HFg

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 0oTjmkW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 LkKtMQY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 599a6DG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 YT1fnjP

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 MoVA2v3

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 ALx8wzm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Cb5ZHgF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 BtX6wK1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 9nI0M0P

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 MnhgRf1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 X48LyCz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 FqbgzWm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 4BTcZnG

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 SK5QjlB

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Coming along very nicely. The whole inkjet printable paper is a new thing to me. Thanks for showcasing it, I will be looking into it eventually.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Coming along very nicely. The whole inkjet printable paper is a new thing to me. Thanks for showcasing it, I will be looking into it eventually.

It can be very useful!

Pics showing how I might use a 1/4 jacket as a coat for a 1/6 Dwarf! Used the new special dremel bit to articulate the biceps and thighs, still getting the hang of it, not the easiest thing to control; I think it would work better on harder plastic as this stuff is very rubbery. Doesn't look pretty but works. Shaved that fur down, not easy even with no guard at all, the fake fur is very slippery and doesn't like to get caught to be cut, using white to blend in with the brown as bleach doesn't work.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 EETbP2u

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 WEawGpW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 KttJCv4

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 DyIH6MF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 XXdu2jv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 I0IEhTD

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 SpctMyI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Hf4XJzk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 2IX6k5t

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 EO9i97c

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 3bw5xmy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Their coming along nicely, SC. Cool use of all the left over clothing and material.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
More great stuff, and again, no notification emails!

I have one of those Bruce Lee outfits on my Fist of Fury figure.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love that you are adding the extra articulation on the biceps and thighs, although it does look like a pain. Not to mention all the figures you have to do it for. This is dedication, for sure.

blackpool

blackpool
man this thread is fascinating, the mods are insaaaaaane and the result is gonna be outstanding, I just can't wait!!!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Their coming along nicely, SC. Cool use of all the left over clothing and material.

Cheers! Uses it up and beats making it from scratch, I always find modifying stuff to work is easier for me having a place to start from, other builders like a clean slate.

Rogerbee wrote:More great stuff, and again, no notification emails!

I have one of those Bruce Lee outfits on my Fist of Fury figure.

CHEERS!

I don't think yours would fit ironically! Well not as a coat  Wink  Is that the Medicom one you have? Damn I remember when that was released and SSC and Medicom were at the top for 1/6 figures..and Marmit!

GubernatorFan wrote:I love that you are adding the extra articulation on the biceps and thighs, although it does look like a pain. Not to mention all the figures you have to do it for. This is dedication, for sure.

Thanks! It will get old soon enough, luckily each figure needs to be slightly different.

blackpool wrote:man this thread is fascinating, the mods are insaaaaaane and the result is gonna be outstanding, I just can't wait!!!

Well I hope not to disappoint! The mods are more necessary than insane! Laughing Wink

Just doing the builds in 'bite sized' portions while working on guns too so I don't get burnt out, that's why Dwalin ended up with gun grease on his tunic!! Embarassed Wink  Call it earlier than planned weathering!
The string ties are costume accurate although I'll ink them with sepia.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 1YT8kmx

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 A3IsGSp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 YyeW7KO

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 RMKiW9n

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 9YTxJtc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 TnhF2Dl

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 QGA9Xx2

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 BKzL4TY

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 DcCh4mK

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Why are printers always a royal pain in the arse? Mine decided it didn't want to work with windows 10 (this was after a couple of hours trying to remember how to use Windows Paint to shrink, cut and paste various pics together so they can be printed on one sheet of A4 and be the correct size for 1/6, this really isn't my forte so I was already irritated) at all even after I reinstalled the drivers off the DVD that came with it. So I went on line to find possible updates and Canon seem to recognise every other product they have ever made except for my printer and it's not that old, a nice 3 in 1 PIXMA MG3100, but they skip from MG3040 to MG3140! Anyway after hours of cursing and trying all kinds of work a rounds I finally found some driver and system updates for it, took a while to install then still didn't work until I realised the PC thought there were two printers with the same name and was choosing the old set up as a default so I got rid of that non-existent 'device'. Finally got it to print on paper at least so then had to reset some size parameters before I printed on cotton, now you can see the printed results, the stacked brown patters will be cut narrower and used for Dwalin's coat's front boarders and the rest is just filler patterns that might be handy later, I didn't want to waste the cotton as it's not like  cheap A4 paper! I only have a limited amount.

The cobbled together image:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 I2soqAX

The paper test print on the right:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Wp7cGkp

The fabric/cotton print with resized patterns and a higher quality finish:

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 XmjogBs

Needs trimming like I said but I accounted for that due to the odd shape of the repeated photograph of the pattern I used as a base to get brown.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 QL1hTbg

Not exact by any means but should do the trick...Just realised you can't even see it on the PC! I've been using my tablet for reference pics which is much sharper and clearer!Rolling Eyes

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 LC7x1nV

Different costume but with similar sized borders which aren't the same Celtic/Dwarven pattern he has on the coat I'm using for reference..gets bloody confusing! I said they have a lot of costume changes!!

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 VNWgQGr

Another of his costumes..no boarder on this at all..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 XwNoDCf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 IkXtpYa

And another..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 Jxb2S8w

These are just the ones I've noticed!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice work on the pattern for Dwalin’s coat. That’s going to look pretty cool.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 3 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
More great work, and no emails again!

I don't know what my FoF outfit is from, I got it cheap off eBay, all I know is that it fits my Bruce.

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:More great work, and no emails again!

I agree about the great work, but insofar as I can tell, e-mail notifications depend on your own personal profile settings.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
AAAARRRGGHHH!!! After just getting the printer work great I've killed Win 10! Apparently there was an unannounced 24hr upgrade (takes 24hrs) and I just thought my PC got stuck so restarted it after a few hours now can't get it to do anything! Trying to get it in safe mode with networking but so far all the techniques I've tried from Google on my phone won't work. Any ideas guys? Already ordered a reboot DVD etc..

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ewww! That sucks. Sorry, can’t help. Haven’t used Windows for 12 years now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum