OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 31]

PureEnergy

Sincerely, your ingenuity is paralleled by an unwavering commitment to the task.

It seems that it will all have certainly been a long time coming, but your progress in the endeavor speaks volumes of virtue - and portends immense gratification, I would imagine…

Magical stuff.

shovelchop81

PureEnergy wrote:Sincerely, your ingenuity is paralleled by an unwavering commitment to the task.  

It seems that it will all have certainly been a long time coming, but your progress in the endeavour speaks volumes of virtue - and portends immense gratification, I would imagine…

Magical stuff.  

Welcome and thank you very much PE! As we were just talking about English grammar it looks like you've been reading the English (American) Thesaurus recently!!Laughing Wink Yup they do take a while to build but I'm glad I'm doing them.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Palindromes! Like Kayak for example. Saw that a lot this year as they sponsored the F1 on Channel 4. Didn't study grammar in depth, but I know how to use it.

Hope this new bash goes well for you

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Palindromes! Like Kayak for example. Saw that a lot this year as they sponsored the F1 on Channel 4. Didn't study grammar in depth, but I know how to use it.

Hope this new bash goes well for you

CHEERS!

Yup remembered palindromes afterwards but still can't remember the others, phonosomething or other etc..

Back to building Dwarf bodies 101 for anyone who has forgotten or not seen earlier pages for the other builds, also this one is quite different due to his immense weight; I've actually lost count of how many layers of foam I've given him!!Laughing He's still fully articulated though Wink .

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 TY63dvS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 3tLurBm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 3bfNpri

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 EBmmrcp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 3MitLGB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 Gnu3exC

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 Zse0MBb

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 6w1SWMF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 Kvm8kAm

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 7gU6PGA

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 30zSSlL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 FEsVWZS

Still not enough...added more..

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 B2WQe89

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 AxvN70B

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 ECK0rZM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 YM717fB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 N9SUBeB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 GRO5RHn

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 IAsGXKR

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 HaLB8WE

Damn! I think he needs even more!! affraid

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good!

Great work on the fatsuit.

CHEERS!

PureEnergy

shovelchop81 wrote:
PureEnergy wrote:Sincerely, your ingenuity is paralleled by an unwavering commitment to the task.  

It seems that it will all have certainly been a long time coming, but your progress in the endeavour speaks volumes of virtue - and portends immense gratification, I would imagine…

Magical stuff.  

Welcome and thank you very much PE! As we were just talking about English grammar it looks like you've been reading the English (American) Thesaurus recently!!Laughing Wink  Yup they do take a while to build but I'm glad I'm doing them.

"That which is worthy of doing is indeed worthy of doing…"  

Also, again, I can but imagine what glory and splendor wait to rush at once upon you upon completion of such an epic undertaking; and it doth sing unto the heart to see such devotion to one’s eye’s apple.

Most impressive in your resoluteness, sir…

I appreciate the warm welcome as well as welcome the warm appreciation…

PureEnergy

Rogerbee wrote:Palindromes! Like Kayak for example...

A palindrome ought be, itself, a palindrome; i.e., “emordnilap!”

English, however, is most often so inscrutable...  

Has anyone ever actually heard an onomatopoeia?  

Great update, Chop!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! More to add yet...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 Ghostbusters-offrez-vous-une-bougiebibendum-chamallowparfumee-a-lagimauve-mobile-110131

PureEnergy wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Magical stuff.  

Welcome and thank you very much PE! As we were just talking about English grammar it looks like you've been reading the English (American) Thesaurus recently!!Laughing Wink  Yup they do take a while to build but I'm glad I'm doing them.

Also, again, I can but imagine what glory and splendor wait to rush at once upon you upon completion of such an epic undertaking; and it doth sing unto the heart to see such devotion to one’s eye’s apple.

PureEnergy wrote:

Great update, Chop!

Cheers! Well there's actually one in your avatar! Wink Sizzle and bang are pretty much spot on.

PureEnergy

shovelchop81 wrote:
Rogerbee wrote:Looking good!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger! More to add yet...

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 Ghostbusters-offrez-vous-une-bougiebibendum-chamallowparfumee-a-lagimauve-mobile-110131

PureEnergy wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Magical stuff.  

PureEnergy wrote:

Great update, Chop!

Cheers! Well there's actually one in your avatar! Wink  Sizzle and bang are pretty much spot on.

Hahaha!  

Indeed...  But, have you heard the elusive onomatopoeia?  That which you have described, 'tis but the sound of common bacon!  

And "Pow" is merely abbreviation for Power, my friend.      

king

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Right, fattened him up completely now, discovered the more foam I put on him the more it was getting compressed by his trousers which are elasticated and originally Princess Leia's in her Hasbro Boushh disguise if you can believe it!! So I ended up giving him squash proof thick solid hemp bag handles for his 'love handles' Wink with a thin layer of foam over those. I also thickened up his legs and arms, as you can see he's still very articulated and posable thanks to the 'give' in the foam and some strategic cutting and glueing.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 MMH85Oh

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 LK0Rlg4

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 BLNCwR5

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 IqO2LCF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 Kgqm2rv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 05wnOpW

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 ZWitV5J

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 UmpodBV

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 I6gjmcE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 R1WmeBj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 Rda3Jh7

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 WGgCc6T

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 ApB4hLj

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 DYFWjIf

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 Uf4qIML

peter the painter

Looking really good, the proportions look much better now too.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
peter the painter wrote:Looking really good, the proportions look much better now too.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Just takes a bit of experimenting and a lot of foam and glue! Very Happy I'll be covering his 'jogging bottoms' with a more movie accurate towel like fabric from a Hasbro Mace Windu Jedi cloak, this should look the part with some ink and cover any joint gaps issues hopefully too.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 KQm7ViJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 Cxektjb

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Leia's trousers, nice. Her slave outfit did little to hide her Boushh!

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:Leia's trousers, nice. Her slave outfit did little to hide her Boushh!

CHEERS!

lol! Rolling Eyes

PureEnergy

shovelchop81 wrote:Right, fattened him up completely now, discovered the more foam I put on him the more it was getting compressed by his trousers which are elasticated and originally Princess Leia's in her Hasbro Boushh disguise if you can believe it!! So I ended up giving him squash proof thick solid hemp bag handles for his 'love handles' Wink  with a thin layer of foam over those. I also thickened up his legs and arms, as you can see he's still very articulated and posable thanks to the 'give' in the foam and some strategic cutting and glueing.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 UmpodBV

The “Fat Suit” is fantastic.  How clever of you to use cordage for rolls of huggable chub...  

Ultimately, half Action Figure, half Plushie - and a whole bunch of Lovin’!

Outstanding figuring, good sir.

dadrab

dadrab
Damn that's ingenious...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
PureEnergy wrote:
The “Fat Suit” is fantastic.  How clever of you to use cordage for rolls of huggable chub...  

Ultimately, half Action Figure, half Plushie - and a whole bunch of Lovin’!

Outstanding figuring, good sir.

Thank you!

dadrab wrote:Damn that's ingenious...

Cheers dadrab! Love the War Pigs video you posted BTW, reminded me of Todd McFarlane's animated video for Disturbed's cover of Genesis' 'Land Of Confusion'

Been busy tailoring Bombur's outfit, painting it too. The correct colour hair arrived.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 KgNqxSz

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 PPx9Xy8

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 1cLcRJE

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 9hODEHB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 NAu3IlJ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 UP2YigH

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 S8cWkID

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 ZP4MJ0o

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 Wsq8BYv

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 JYzAPEJ

Baby lotion/oil softens stiff material after painting it.

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 ZDGFfsS

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 T87AjWc

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 FHWiFFZ

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 2Bqt6xB

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 XrGx5GM

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 YlFncDk

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 0HsRr7N

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the way this is coming along and all the special tricks you pulled to make it happen.

peter the painter

Bombur is looking great, I love to see how you develop the costume detail of the characters.

Cheers,

Peter.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I like the way this is coming along and all the special tricks you pulled to make it happen.

Like using old bleached socks? Laughing Cheers GF!

peter the painter wrote:Bombur is looking great, I love to see how you develop the costume detail of the characters.

Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Getting there but noticing a few more details needed as I go...

Made his 'real hair braid', damn that acrylic stuff is slippery! Modded and mounted feet and hands, boots too. Given him a proper back as there was a bit of a gap going on between the hs and the back plus the jerkin wasn't sitting right. I've been braiding more waxed string to make the straps for his knapsack and modding an old Hasbro Chewbacca bag to make it. I have detail work to do on the jerkin's shoulders, a leather like cord wrap and need to paint his sculpted hair and shaved patch (you missed that Peter! Laughing Wink ).

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 0HSLplF

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 L0XgBWt

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 BsSkrIr

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 N65hDjL

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 Cpr2572

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 4w0sKkI

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 OmLoEI9

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 UJzHesp

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 8E51d0q

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 U2pNFl1

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 L15cD7r

My Custom 13 Dwarves & Bilbo From 'The Hobbit' Movie WIP. Bombur Weapons & Accessories. - Page 29 CIG1HF4

MerylAkiba

I still believe you should start a 1/6 company,  I'm still struggling trying to prevent my Asmus figures from shelf diving

peter the painter

Bombur is looking great, he's as fat as a barrel now, or should I say as fat as a barrel rider? Very Happy
apologies for the missed tonsure.

Cheers,

Peter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum