OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VTS Furiosa Modification

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty VTS Furiosa Modification Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:28 am

kyekye

kyekye
Phicen Body swap + color toning
Arm re-cabling + detailing
Boots small edit for pose-ability
Rifle weathering

Finished her War Rig Steering wheel + Her 2nd head repainted
The 3D file for 1/6 scale Steering wheel is on Thingiverse for anyone wants to 3D print it ( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2994081 )

VTS Furiosa Modification  41481877150_931ae083c7_z

And I'm done with Furiosa custom for now (Still working on Max's motorcycle custom)
VTS Furiosa Modification  43241866692_c233f53028_z

VTS Furiosa Modification  41481876800_e2dcf8e59c_z

VTS Furiosa Modification  43241865502_e28b54d10e_z

VTS Furiosa Modification  43241865992_4158f05656_z

2VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:01 am

siquisiri

siquisiri
kyekye wrote:Phicen Body swap + color toning
Arm re-cabling + detailing
Boots small edit for pose-ability
Rifle weathering

Finished her War Rig Steering wheel + Her 2nd head repainted
The 3D file for 1/6 scale Steering wheel is on Thingiverse for anyone wants to 3D print it ( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2994081 )

VTS Furiosa Modification  41481877150_931ae083c7_z

And I'm done with Furiosa custom for now (Still working on Max's motorcycle custom)
VTS Furiosa Modification  43241866692_c233f53028_z

VTS Furiosa Modification  41481876800_e2dcf8e59c_z

VTS Furiosa Modification  43241865502_e28b54d10e_z

VTS Furiosa Modification  43241865992_4158f05656_z
'

looks great!

3VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:40 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Always love your work/mods kyekye and this one is no different !
That steering wheel looks absolutely wicked !

I look at mine with a heavy sigh..way too much trouble to replace the body iin addition to cutting off a section of her arm and trying to fit her into those undersized clothing.

4VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:18 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Your mods look awesome, but... not to take away from them... you can still see just how undersized her head is compared to the upgraded body. Nice repaint on the head, too.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

VTS Furiosa Modification  C8485110

5VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:02 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Man, that's fine work...and, a lot of it.

Well done, indeed.

6VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:13 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, beautiful work. I was going to remark that the head didn't look horribly small, just a little. Perhaps you should have waited for the new petite bodies; at any rate if you find it necessary, you could always do the same to it.

7VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:07 am

kyekye

kyekye
Thanks for feedback.
Her head/body relative scale is something I can't do much about.
Thankfully Charlize Theron is 5'-10" with smaller head. I think it's much better proportioned than with its tiny body.
VTS Furiosa Modification  Db5d062e10c9442146300c760b8d6200

8VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:00 am

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Maaan that looks awesome!!!

9VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:27 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I absolutely love how this came out. And I actually don't agree on the head looking small. Looking at the pic from the movie above, I actually think it looks pretty spot on. I think, because were used to seeing people with hair (especially women), sometimes anyone's head can look a little small with a shaved head.

What body did you go with? I'm guessing from the muscle definition in her arms its either a 22A or 23B. She looks intense as hell! And that steering wheel looks super slick. And any tips on fitting that cybernetic arm on the phicen body? I've been really considering swapping out mine, if it ever arrives.

10VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:23 am

kyekye

kyekye
ReverendSpooky wrote:
*sometimes anyone's head can look a little small with a shaved head.  
*What body did you go with?  I'm guessing from the muscle definition in her arms its either a 22A or 23B.  
*that steering wheel looks super slick.  
*And any tips on fitting that cybernetic arm on the phicen body?

*I agree on shaved head looking small - volume-wise.
*23B - color toned with pastel + breast reduction
*Thanks. Steering wheel was my personal focus. I just loved the design in the movie
*Arm part has magnet inside. so after cutting the Phicen arm, I put a small metal screw in the metal frame of Phicen. It worked with magnet.

11VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:03 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Nice job, looks a lot better than the original that's for sure.

CHEERS!

12VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:50 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Inspired me to get her after all, although I wonder how long it will take me to get around to any modification.

13VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:01 pm

kyekye

kyekye
That's great! Hopefully you didn't pay the full price.
Once you pass the 'pants' part, the rest is piece of cake Very Happy

14VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:06 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
kyekye wrote:That's great! Hopefully you didn't pay the full price.

Oh no, I paid plenty for my stupidity. Should have never canceled my pre-order, but decided to be "smart" for once. Then wanted to pick up some of the parted-out parts. But as the price accumulated, decided it's better to get the whole set. At that point in time the places where it was being sold for the original low price were out of it, so I got it on eBay from China for more money (admittedly, with "free" shipping). By the time it arrived yesterday, I could have had it for the lower price from domestic stores. And I wish I could say that's the only stupid mistake I've made lately. Smile Anyway, it is pretty nice, apart from not being as good as the prototype and of course the diminutive dimensions. One day I will attempt modifications to improve it.

15VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:09 pm

JohnByng

Looks great! I didn't like the figure (but as usual I have not seen the film!) when it came out but you have improved it 100%!

16VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:34 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:
kyekye wrote:That's great! Hopefully you didn't pay the full price.

Oh no, I paid plenty for my stupidity. Should have never canceled my pre-order, but decided to be "smart" for once. Then wanted to pick up some of the parted-out parts. But as the price accumulated, decided it's better to get the whole set. At that point in time the places where it was being sold for the original low price were out of it, so I got it on eBay from China for more money (admittedly, with "free" shipping). By the time it arrived yesterday, I could have had it for the lower price from domestic stores. And I wish I could say that's the only stupid mistake I've made lately. Smile Anyway, it is pretty nice, apart from not being as good as the prototype and of course the diminutive dimensions. One day I will attempt modifications to improve it.

You ordered recently and received already! Man, I'm dying here. I pre-ordered as soon as it was announced, and still haven't received it! Nothing shady, reliable seller, his shipment just hasn't come in yet. Still the wait is killing me! Lol.

I actually got a second head from Monkeydepot (which already arrived!) to add the warpaint too. It really is a beautiful sculpt, but I will admit, after all the devil's advocating I've done, that it definitely is pretty small in hand. That said, I actually REALLY want another head for when those smaller TBL bodies come in.

http://reverendspooky.com

17VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:08 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:You ordered recently and received already!  Man, I'm dying here.  I pre-ordered as soon as it was announced, and still haven't received it!  Nothing shady, reliable seller, his shipment just hasn't come in yet.  Still the wait is killing me! Lol.

I actually got a second head from Monkeydepot (which already arrived!) to add the warpaint too.  It really is a beautiful sculpt, but I will admit, after all the devil's advocating I've done, that it definitely is pretty small in hand.  That said, I actually REALLY want another head for when those smaller TBL bodies come in.

Speaking of Monkey Depot, last I checked, they had the boxed set in stock for a reasonable price. Maybe I got lucky, with an eBay seller I trust and keep using over and over again. Lucky with service, not price in this case, although it was still better than most others on eBay when I ordered. Smile I also got a second head to modify with war paint. It is quite decent, though the paint work on the promotional images was more impressive. And I, too, was thinking of those smaller TBLeague bodies for the head.

18VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:30 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:You ordered recently and received already!  Man, I'm dying here.  I pre-ordered as soon as it was announced, and still haven't received it!  Nothing shady, reliable seller, his shipment just hasn't come in yet.  Still the wait is killing me! Lol.

I actually got a second head from Monkeydepot (which already arrived!) to add the warpaint too.  It really is a beautiful sculpt, but I will admit, after all the devil's advocating I've done, that it definitely is pretty small in hand.  That said, I actually REALLY want another head for when those smaller TBL bodies come in.

Speaking of Monkey Depot, last I checked, they had the boxed set in stock for a reasonable price. Maybe I got lucky, with an eBay seller I trust and keep using over and over again. Lucky with service, not price in this case, although it was still better than most others on eBay when I ordered. Smile I also got a second head to modify with war paint. It is quite decent, though the paint work on the promotional images was more impressive. And I, too, was thinking of those smaller TBLeague bodies for the head.

Thanks for the heads up. I may grab a second full figure. Buying 2 Wasteland Rangers was such a good move, as that gear has been gold for customs. Now that Kyekye proved that the Furiosa gear is totally usable on a phicen, I'm seeing a ton of Kitbash potential.

http://reverendspooky.com

19VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:09 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Beautiful modifications, kyekye -- absolutely LOVE this character, and would be proud to have *this* version of her on display! The wheel is a magnificent and iconic addition. (One of the things I loved about that film was how they drew this very powerful visual and symbolic connection between the steering wheel and the imagery of the 'sunwheel' -- it gave the world and the characters such a mythic feel!)

Do you mind me asking if you could elaborate a bit on how you did the 'bust reduction' on a tbleague body, and also the arm modification?

I ask because these methods could be very helpful, both to those wanting to modify their own Furiosa, but also in general, due to how difficult it is to find smaller-busted seamless bodies.

Re: the arm, you mentioned that it was affixed via the magnet that was part of the original arm. Do you think it would still be possible to do a similar modification, but with an arm that doesn't have a built-in magnet? (I'm trying to figure out if there is even the remotest possibility of creating a seamless/shirtless version of Hot Toys Anakin, with his mechanical arm fully on display.)

Perhaps you have already covered all of this somewhere else -- but any further tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

20VTS Furiosa Modification  Empty Re: VTS Furiosa Modification Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:22 am

Ovy

Ovy
Wow thanks young Skywalker for digging all those great threads.

I am all for using a bit smaller heads on muscular bodies, makes them look stronger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum