OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silence of the lambs - Dr Hannibal Lecter

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Silence of the lambs - Dr Hannibal Lecter Empty Silence of the lambs - Dr Hannibal Lecter Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:47 am

blackpool

blackpool
I just received him, surely my best deal this year, I found him on ebay for only 90$, the brand is totally unknown to me, "SW save our world" is their name.

The headsculpt is extremely good for the price, it's not hot toys level but veeeeery close, both the sculpture and paint job are very welle executed. The outfit is very simple but perfectly scaled and tailored, he has a standard body underneath with additional hands for posing variations. The only accessory is the face mask, not a lot, but nicely made, not accurate in color but still cool as it fits nicely on the head.

Here are some shots, trying to recreate the arrival of Dr Lecter in Memphis to meet Senator of Tennessee...

Silence of the lambs - Dr Hannibal Lecter Hannibal_01

Silence of the lambs - Dr Hannibal Lecter Hannibal_02

Silence of the lambs - Dr Hannibal Lecter Hannibal_03

Silence of the lambs - Dr Hannibal Lecter Hannibal_04

Silence of the lambs - Dr Hannibal Lecter Hannibal_05

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent! Great find and photos, as always.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Pictures and figures ! Don´t give him a Pen Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool. Nice photos and depth of field shots.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Silence of the lambs - Dr Hannibal Lecter C8485110

brassco

brassco
i wished you do a Clarice figure...wait till the shorter phicen figures are available! cheers!

dadrab

dadrab
Man, that's great.

Tell the other guys to watch their backs...this guy bites.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
"A figure collector tried to test me once, I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

Nicely done!

CHEERS!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Man, such a great figure, and KILLER photos (sorry, couldn't resist). Such an iconic character.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I wasn't around when you first posted these, but I just rewatched this classic movie this past weekend and was dying to see if anyone here had done anything for it so did a search. Needless to say, these pics are excellent! Very Happy

Am I right in thinking there is also a Blitzway figure of him? Or maybe I'm confusing it with another. Either way, this one is very cool and works splendidly for the scene in question. 

I'd totally get one myself, though I'd need a Clarice to go with him. I love Jodie Foster's portrayal of her in that film so much. So many of her scenes are her as this tiny woman, standing alone, surrounded by, or facing down, men. She is both strong and vulnerable all at the same time. The dynamic between her and Lecter makes the entire movie for me.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yes, I believe there is a Blitzway version. It was this one that I don't remember hearing about.

For $90 he might be worth tracking down, not right now for me though, I've REALLY got to cap my spending now!

blackpool

blackpool
skywalkersaga wrote:I wasn't around when you first posted these, but I just rewatched this classic movie this past weekend and was dying to see if anyone here had done anything for it so did a search. Needless to say, these pics are excellent! Very Happy

Am I right in thinking there is also a Blitzway figure of him? Or maybe I'm confusing it with another. Either way, this one is very cool and works splendidly for the scene in question. 

I'd totally get one myself, though I'd need a Clarice to go with him. I love Jodie Foster's portrayal of her in that film so much. So many of her scenes are her as this tiny woman, standing alone, surrounded by, or facing down, men. She is both strong and vulnerable all at the same time. The dynamic between her and Lecter makes the entire movie for me.

Glad you had a rewatch at this great movie, it's one of my all time favorite thrillers! Jodie Foster is such a great actress, she was just perfect as Clarice Starling (except when she refused to take back the role for Hannibal)

There is a decent Jodie Foster headsculpt as Clarice Starling made by Kumik a few years back, it's not perfect as it's quite a mix of Clarice and a more recent (older) Jodie Foster, but it definitely has the main features to make her recognizable (I'll finally make something out of it thanks to the recent Dana Scully figure)

Jodie Foster headsculpt (ebay)

Rogerbee wrote:
Yes, I believe there is a Blitzway version. It was this one that I don't remember hearing about.

For $90 he might be worth tracking down, not right now for me though, I've REALLY got to cap my spending now!

To answer you both, Blitzway made two versions of Hannibal Lecter, but they are more statues than figures, no articulation at all on one, very little on the other. They made a "sitting" version when he is dressed in white and held in the federal court building. The other is the iconic straitjacket strapped on the gurney. Both are way overpriced to my eyes for statues, and in hand pictures proved the likeness and paint quality was very inferior to the promo pics, barely decent in the end.

On the bright side, there are two versions of the figure I own, both go around 100$ on most sites, the first one is the iconic straitjacket and orange suit, the other is the blue overall suit he wears while in psychiatric internment at the beginning of the movie.
different headsculpt on each,orange version comes with the removable mask, blue version comes with two headsculpts (one clean, one covered with blood) I was striked by the quality and likeness at this price point, and happily surprized with the tailoring (the suit is complete under the straitjacket, he has an additional white Tshirt, and the body is padded to give him the right silhouette)

To find them, the brand is "OUR WORLD", the real title of the figure is "silence of the lEmbs" (I guess the typo is intentional)

straitjacket version - machinegun - 93€

straitjacket version - ebay - 94€

blue overall version - ebay - 115€

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Can you blame Jodie for not wanting to make the sequel; that movie was far inferior to SOTL. She probably made the right call to avoid that gig.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the added info, Blackpool. For the price, that SW Ourworld one does seem really good. And the 'Clarice' headsculpt doesn't look too bad from the pics, though I am always a bit wary about Kumik heads. Considering it though!

ETA: and using Scully items for Clarice is very fitting, especially considering the fact that Clarice was one of the main inspirations for Scully's character.

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:Can you blame Jodie for not wanting to make the sequel; that movie was far inferior to SOTL. She probably made the right call to avoid that gig.

True... Hannibal was not as powerful and intense, but I'm not sure she made such a right choice, Hopkins went for it and saved the day, in the end the movie is still good and perfectly in the vein of Thomas Harris books. (I've always been torn about that movie, I really wanted Foster to play Clarice, but I also like Julianne Moore a lot) Added to this while Foster stands for a very ecclectic and "intellectual" career she actually accepted a few lame movies, I can only remember Panic Room, Contact... what the hell was she doing there lol... I still love her acting tho!

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for the added info, Blackpool. For the price, that SW Ourworld one does seem really good. And the 'Clarice' headsculpt doesn't look too bad from the pics, though I am always a bit wary about Kumik heads. Considering it though!

ETA: and using Scully items for Clarice is very fitting, especially considering the fact that Clarice was one of the main inspirations for Scully's character.

I didn't know about the inspiration for the character of Scully, it makes a lot of sense now that I think of it! anyway in the skirt version she is pettie enough and perfectly shaped to make a good clarice, I'll post some quick pics for you soon!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Thanks Blackpool, I'll bear them in mind.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The Jodie Foster head that I got is pretty nice, but unfortunately with molded hair.

Ovy

Ovy
Thanks young skywalker for digging up this thread, it's new to me too.
Great job as always Monsieur.

When looking for bald heads, I found some unpainted Jodie Foster ones. If anyone is interested in painting and hair rooting the whole thing... Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:When looking for bald heads, I found some unpainted Jodie Foster ones. If anyone is interested in painting and hair rooting the whole thing... Laughing

I vaguely remember seeing these then (they seem to have disappeared since), but went for the painted, haired one -- except, again, it was molded hair. Then again, so is Scully. Sad

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Ovy wrote:When looking for bald heads, I found some unpainted Jodie Foster ones. If anyone is interested in painting and hair rooting the whole thing... Laughing

I vaguely remember seeing these then (they seem to have disappeared since), but went for the painted, haired one -- except, again, it was molded hair. Then again, so is Scully. Sad

But you’re the master at re-hairing. I have faith you can fix Jodie.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:But you’re the master at re-hairing. I have faith you can fix Jodie.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I've had a crush on her ever since I saw Maverick. Wouldn't want to mess her up... We seem to be conjuring up a lot of movies today...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:But you’re the master at re-hairing. I have faith you can fix Jodie.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I've had a crush on her ever since I saw Maverick. Wouldn't want to mess her up... We seem to be conjuring up a lot of movies today...

She’s easy to have a crush on. I’ve been a fan of hers since I was a kid. Like blackpool said, she’s made some clunkers in her long (but few films) career, but she’s always really good in whatever she does. But, yes, she was never more adorable than she was in Maverick.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Jodie Foster has been in some bad movies but she's never done a bad performance. They would have been even worse without her in them.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Speaking of clunkers -- or at least things very very odd -- has anyone else seen Hotel New Hampshire?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Heck, even *I* have a crush on Jodie Foster (incidentally, also on Gillian Anderson). Razz

I'm definitely tempted by that Kumik head, presuming I can still find it anywhere...

Ovy

Ovy
skywalkersaga wrote:Heck, even *I* have a crush on Jodie Foster (incidentally, also on Gillian Anderson). Razz

I'm definitely tempted by that Kumik head, presuming I can still find it anywhere...

You mean this head?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KUMIK-KM18-47-America-Europe-Female-Head-Carved-1-6-PVC-Girl-Head-Model/153340185506?epid=15022377515&hash=item23b3c98ba2:g:boAAAOSwLDlcPTUz

Had her on the watchlist for a scrapped SciFi/Astronaut/Cosmonaut/Soldier project.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum