OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[WIP] Pvt. Joker

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:38 pm

This is a figure I've wanted to get underway for awhile, and now, after getting a flak jacket in, I've finally got a pretty good start on him.

DiD's old Ricky Foster head is okay for a Matthew Modine, as long as I keep the helmet on.
I've also got a 1/6 template for some 'Nam era Birth Control glasses I plan on using, though I know he had more of a wire-frame set in the film. I'll see what I can find though.

Also I'm in the process of recreating some 60's era buttons and stuff to distribute amongst my troops.

I applied his helmet graffiti today at work, need to give it some washes to tone down the helmet cover though.

View user profile

2 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:30 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Pretty cool. Nicely done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

3 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:27 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Nice figure, and nice group of soldiers in general.

4 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:00 am

Thanks a lot guys! Did some pastel work on the helmet last night, once it's good and dry I can update.
then onto the glasses.

View user profile

5 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:16 am

Really nice work, sir.

Looks good enough to be 1:1.

Diggin' the new avatar, too.

View user profile

6 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:19 am

dadrab wrote:Really nice work, sir.

Looks good enough to be 1:1.

Diggin' the new avatar, too.

Thanks a lot!

I really liked putting that combat correspondent together, gonna be using parts of him for this build and a companion for Joker.

View user profile

7 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:23 am

Cotswold sells a pair of those glasses, there not perfect but pretty close. I've used them on a couple of my 'Nan bashes.

View user profile

8 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:26 am

Talon65 wrote:Cotswold sells a pair of those glasses, there not perfect but pretty close. I've used them on a couple of my 'Nan bashes.

Oh sweet! I was considering trying one of those. Any chance I could see one of your bashes with the glasses in use? Would give me an idea as to how they'd work on the sculpt.

I was also considering a set of the DiD glasses that came with their Peter Stormare based German medic figure.

View user profile

9 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Would love too but I'm in the process of moving and all my figs where the first thing to get packed away. I know they used to have pics of them in their online catalog though.

View user profile

10 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:02 am

Got some more done.
Toned down the helmet cover with some pastel washes, then while still wet used a toothbrush to scrub it.

Then touched-up the graffiti with a fine-tipped sharpie.

Also took care of The Jungian thing.

View user profile

11 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:23 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice work on that helmet. Might have to try that myself.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

12 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:36 am

Looks so good! Damn, what a great movie, and you're really nailing it on the figure. Every time I see the helmet and the peace button, I think about that line "I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir. The Jungian thing." Favorite moment. And the weathering on that helmet looks perfect.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

13 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Looking good so far. Full Metal Customs do glasses. Jon De Guzman is the contact on FB.

CHEERS!

View user profile

14 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:01 am

Thanks a lot guys!

I gave him a boot swap and then got to work on the glasses.

These won't be for him, but more a side experiment to see if I could make some birth control glasses, and I think I'm on the right track.

I used an old paper template of the glasses shrunk down to 1/6 size, then taped it onto a clear plastic soda bottle. Some cutting, and voila.

It's a little rough, but it's a first attempt.

I'm thinking that with Joker's pair I'll try using some thin gauge wire, then gluing some soda plastic in for lenses. We'll see, though.

Full Metal Customs does do incredible work but I think it's well out of my budget right now, especially if I don't want my wife to murder me, haha.

View user profile

15 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:38 am

Great looking Joker PickleMunkey, one of my favourite movies too, this is a Modine sculpt I did for a customer years ago, thought you might enjoy seeing it.

picture3567 by Peter Miles, on Flickr

picture3564 by Peter Miles, on Flickr

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile

16 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:44 am

peter the painter wrote:Great looking Joker PickleMunkey, one of my favourite movies too, this is a Modine sculpt I did for a customer years ago, thought you might enjoy seeing it.
Cheers,

Peter.

Thanks Peter! Aw man I remember when you first put that up, really wonderful work! You did an Animal Mother, too, didn't you?

View user profile

17 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:14 am

Thanks PickleMunkey, you have a good memory, yes I did an Animal Mother too, sold the figure a long time back, this was his head sculpt.
picture3541 by Peter Miles, on Flickr08.07.2018
This was the figure
picture3631_Large_Moment by Peter Miles, on Flickr

I like the hair on your Joker too.

Cheers,

Peter.

View user profile

18 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Nice! I don't remember the movie that well but would HT Bruce Banner glasses work? I've seen them loose on ebay, they have that 50's/60's Rayban look with clear non tinted lenses.

View user profile

19 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:59 pm

Thanks guys!

Peter, he head is just a stock DID Ricky Foster, with about 7 years of helmet hair matting his mowhawk down, haha.

Shovelchop, as to the glasses, Banners are sorta close but Joker's are a bit wider and rounder.

I'm gonna try my hand at making stuff first before taking the plunge to purchasing something.
http://www.elitebrigade.com/Eyeglasses-Black

These are pretty close in style though.

I'm not going for 100% accuracy but would like to get him pretty close, for sure.

View user profile

20 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 am

fantastic work on him. kinda wish we'd get a private joker figure, given damtoys recent release of animal mother...i could see this happening.

View user profile

21 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:19 am

Cobratrooper11 wrote:fantastic work on him. kinda wish we'd get a private joker figure, given damtoys recent release of animal mother...i could see this happening.

Thanks man! Yeah it would be really cool if we did get an official one.

Heck it could even happen in 1/12, as DAM is tackling a couple figures from Platoon in that scale.

View user profile

22 Re: [WIP] Pvt. Joker on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:21 am

Gave Joker a boot and hand swap.

Gonna try and start the glasses tonight.

Also finished the 'birth control' glasses. Not 100% great but I'm satisfied with it as a first attempt.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum