OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
While it may have better paint apps, Kumik made a better likeness to Chloe Grace Morez (11-13 years ago?)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles C8485110

Diana

Diana
Love the expression. That red head is close to being a must-have. She inspires!

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:While it may have better paint apps, Kumik made a better likeness to Chloe Grace Morez (11-13 years ago?)

I agree, first time I saw this I thought it was Nicole Kidman, then realized it was supposed to be Chloe.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Really? I appreciate they are doing more realistic sculpts, but I can't help but think something went wrong with the cranial proportions.

Diana

Diana
Stumbled over a new movie on Disney+: The Princess. It's John Wick, but with a medieval princess. I LOVED it! Very Happy

And I'm pretty sure this is her. Meaning the actress Joey King.

Resisting this one has just gotten a lot harder. Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, you have a ton of time to make up your mind, Diana. This is SuperDuck, after all. Smile

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, you have a ton of time to make up your mind, Diana. This is SuperDuck, after all. Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually versions C and D are apparently "sold out" on Giantoy, which doesn't make sense for a pre-order item, but makes me nervous nonetheless. I suppose there is always Ebay. So yes, I'll wait to see the in-hand pictures, and if I can't get it then... it wasn't meant to be. Time to chill. Smile

Ghost808

Ghost808
Diana wrote:Stumbled over a new movie on Disney+: The Princess. It's John Wick, but with a medieval princess. I LOVED it! Very Happy

And I'm pretty sure this is her. Meaning the actress Joey King.

Resisting this one has just gotten a lot harder. Laughing
I'd say it's definitely meant to be Moretz, given the inclusion of a purple bobbed HS, like her character in kickass. Seems odd to include it otherwise.

I actually like this HS. It's more subtle than previous Moretz heads. The others always seemed exaggerated and a bit ugly.
But then it won't be released for 10 years, so no point worrying about it.

Sadly I've yet to see a Joey King HS, but I think it won't be long given her recent sudden burst of success.
The Princess sounds excellent. I'll have to give that a look.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
This seems to be out now. I saw it listed as 'in stock' at Onesixthkit.

Diana

Diana
It seems I resisted ordering this one. I'd love to see some in hand photos!  Very Happy

nodeath

Here’s some pics of the redhead.
SDH036-A on TBLeague S39 & Super Duck suntan display bust.
The one thing that bugs me is the way they have sculpted the curve behind the chin to the neck. Apart from that, she looks really cool.
I found the neck opening a little small, so thick TBLeague necks mean it’s hard to sit the head further down the neck. Also the neck adapter was tight and I didn’t get her to fit on the standard size neck connector. Instead I did what I always do anyway and replaced the connector with some silicone tubing. That way there is some resistance and the head can be positioned better and stays put
Her face is fuller than most sculpts, so ‘I tried her on an S39.
I love the 2 tone hair.

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52865410892_58caa2f9b5_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52866429303_c24d24f6a8_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52866379160_c8c71c9bbe_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

Below you can see what happens at the neck join when the head looks more forward as opposed to slightly down, as in the pic above.
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52866429293_95ac1598fa_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52860062340_2f094645d2_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52860114403_56650c0e42_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52859674496_1fe0d61e7d_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52860063330_c52468791b_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52859096717_c5ee425fe3_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52860116643_3d0fe88b7d_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52860064250_a0c0d219c8_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

Below: This angle better shows off Chloë‘s 2 tone hair & also the pink airbrushing either side of her nose. Reminiscent of earlier version of TBLeague’s S17B body (current versions have dispersed with the airbrushing).
superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52866579188_bf6baf90f8_kSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52859849544_3c0d624b26_oSDH036-A by Luva Muncha, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think she turned out better than I expected. I see what you mean about the strange curve on the underside, and I agree. Thanks for sharing the photos and your observations with us.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I just had the head in the mail. It's a really nice headsculpt. I put it on a S49 body, which feels a bit undersized (she looks like a teenager), but most other bodies appear either too big (S46) or too small (S24) in my eyes.

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52869479349_92f575343a_kChloe on the roof by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 52869486539_627cfc55c8_kChloe on the roof by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for the inhand pics! Smile

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Agreed. She looks young, almost preteen, but if the head won’t work on a smaller body, she’ll have to pass for a teen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

superduck - NEW PRODUCT: SUPER DUCK SDH036 1/6 Scale Female head sculpt in 4 styles 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think this looks quite reasonable, Ralf.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I think S29 or S33 might also be valid body options. Unfortunately, I had too little time to really test any of them. Still, the S49 might be quite right, if one wants to bash her as a teenager in Kick Ass 2.

Diana

Diana
She looks quite adorable! Nice one. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think the head looks fine on the larger body shown in nodeath's example. But the smaller body is cute too.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum