OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 - VCF-2061 Shadi Wilderness Female

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Xavion2004

Well, no internal conflicts on this one.  That’s a buy, and given Verycool’s track record of being faithful to the prototype, a preorder.

ElBundy

Wow, this promo pics look good! I played RDR 2. It was the second best video game, I ever played (with Witcher 3 being number 1).
I pre-ordered the Sadie Adler-figure by SWToys at Giantoy, but this one looks much better. However I doubt whether the real figure will be as good as shown. Especially the quality of the pleather will be crucial. Btw: the title of the Figure 'Wilderness Female War God' sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?
@Stryker: What is OSK?

Stryker2011

Founding Father
ElBundy wrote:Wow, this promo pics look good! I played RDR 2. It was the second best video game, I ever played (with Witcher 3 being number 1).
I pre-ordered the Sadie Adler-figure by SWToys at Giantoy, but this one looks much better. However I doubt whether the real figure will be as good as shown. Especially the quality of the pleather will be crucial. Btw: the title of the Figure 'Wilderness Female War God' sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?
@Stryker: What is OSK?

Quality should be pretty good. I’ve never actually been disappointed by the quality of VC.

OSK = onesixthkit — one of the best HK sellers, and an occasional member here and over at the Freaks. A really good guy, and reputable retailer.

Annalise

This is apparently not going to be available at Giantoy. Amelia said they are skipping it in favor of the SW toys version announced earlier.

Titan

Titan
Thank you, Annalise. I had been watching their website waiting to put in my order.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Annalise wrote:This is apparently not going to be available at Giantoy. Amelia said they are skipping it in favor of the SW toys version announced earlier.

Yikes. That's too bad. I've seen in-hand pics of that version, and it looks horrible so far. This version will be a hell of a lot better. They're leaving money on the table with that decision. (o\Or perhaps their afraid of cancelations on the SW version if they put this one up -- which could still happen anyway).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Western - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 - VCF-2061 Shadi Wilderness Female - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
If the SW toys one is really that bad, then maybe they will end up getting loads of cancellations anyway. Seems a pretty short-sighted decision...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
That does seem like an odd decision. The SW version is already sold out there and already being shipped out now anyway, for better or worse. Why not offer this (very different) version that (AFAIK) isn't released until early next year as well?

Better start comparing OSK, BBTS and Monkey Depot for the pre-order, I suppose... Neutral

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I went with Kit. Would rather have it in hand sooner rather than later. I also have the SW version, and the horse, still coming (even though it’s a let down). A smaller horse will be fine for a smaller rider.

Western - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 - VCF-2061 Shadi Wilderness Female - Page 2 C8485110

csyeung

csyeung
This one is tempting. I keep coming back and looking at the pics. I think for me I really like the jacket but then the other stuff would just be extras. I don't know if I need it haha, esp since I know there's going to be some more stuff coming up western themed haha. I think i may roll the dice and try to get the jacket when parted out.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I have the SW version of this character (more on that in it's dedicated thread if you're interested) but this is enough of a different proposition for me to want this one too.

In that regard I've fired off a request to Giantoy to consider stocking it, maybe if enough people do the same, they'll take note?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
So, like Annalise, I 'Asked Amelia' at GianToy if they'd consider getting this in. I got the same response as Annalise, but from new recruit 'Amber', who recommended I try the SW Lady Adler version instead. I replied that I had already bought the SW version, and this one was so different to that one that I'd still buy it, and so would many others if they were given the opportunity.

Still no reply to that one.

I don't like 'Amber' as much as I liked 'Amelia'. Neutral

Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, that’s unfortunate. I POd from Kit on day one, so no big deal for me if Giantoy doesn’t want to make money. Maybe, they made the mistake of ordering a bunch of the SW version, and now they’re hoping to get rid of them.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Seems to be released in Asia. Parts of the kit are now on eBay.

ukshaun

ukshaun
While i am not sold on the portrait. I do like everything else, especially the long jacket.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Paid my invoice for this yesterday. It’ll be interesting to see how it turned out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Western - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 - VCF-2061 Shadi Wilderness Female - Page 2 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I am extremely curious how this headsculpt will turn out. Definitely interested in seeing pics...

Saturn

Saturn
There's an unboxing video: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1yk4y1J7fe/

And some more promo(?) pics: https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=393736

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Interestingly, the distracting scar on the forehead is missing in the final release version. I'm not sure, but I get some Emily Browning-vibes from the head sculpt. It's definitively a beautiful head.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree completely.

shazzdan

shazzdan
I like the look but the coat is anachronistic. Jack Well was the first to put press studs on clothing in the US in the early 20th century. I'd be replacing the above coat with a duster and using the one here on another figure.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Because the final product didn't have the scar (making it more versatile for custom figures), I decided to take a chance on it and just picked up a loose headsculpt.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Mine arrived today, and she doesn’t have the scar. Some nice accessories. The hat is a bit big. The faux duster actually feels like real leather. It’ll take a bit before I have the time to put her together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Western - NEW PRODUCT: VERYCOOL: 1/6 - VCF-2061 Shadi Wilderness Female - Page 2 1f10

csyeung

csyeung
Quick warning. I got the chaps parted out and it barely touched my phicen figure for a few seconds and stained it. Hopefully it will disperse out over time, but it reacts quite quickly to the phicen tpe.

Got some marks on her arms, i guess it can pass for weathering.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I have an unopened extra of this if anyone’s interested.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:I have an unopened extra of this if anyone’s interested.
That's very nice. I hope someone takes you up on this. I like it, but am fine with just the head sculpt and a couple accessories, which I already picked up.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker, I may potentially be interested but would have to contact you about it later next week (if it's still available). : )

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Stryker, I may potentially be interested but would have to contact you about it later next week (if it's still available). : )

It’s still available, if you’re still interested.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum