OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Ovy

Thanks everyone!

Some leather work. Pauldrons can now be connected to the gorget with leather straps.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 ZL7Wn06

Waste from leather thinning...do you think it can still be of any use for whatever?
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 1zK9Aw2

Anyway, now BATTLE PICS!

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 61kaEtf
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 1sCnFGI
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 UP4k2oZ
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 W39eFUQ
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 LLPm1dP
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 LtNwlpf
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 Fwyohpn
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 XZHoH4K

For battle scenes, I put a scarf on the face because it lacks emotion. And because the land of Orr stinks of dead fish, rotten algae and zombies. I will add pictures of a helmet+scarf combiantion in the future.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 SSHtxSz
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 YCJxA4l
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 Qp4jLYX
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 UnO2I8r
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 LmCeeXD

dadrab

Very nicely done.

I really like it.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
New leather work looks good. And those battle pics are wicked good fun! The monitor background really does look legit, and I love the silhouetted/back-lit shots, especially where the mask is flying off. Very cool.

PureEnergy

Fantastic figuring and truly inspiring photography, Ovy.

Ovy wrote:Und da es im Lande Orr nach Untod, verotteten Algen und totem Fisch stinkt.

LOL.  I do believe that that line would be cool in any language…   Wink

Again, outstanding.

Ovy

Ovy
PureEnergy wrote:Fantastic figuring and truly inspiring photography, Ovy.

Ovy wrote:Und da es im Lande Orr nach Untod, verotteten Algen und totem Fisch stinkt.

LOL.  I do believe that that line would be cool in any language…   Wink

Again, outstanding.

Haha, forgot to translate that part. I changed it now. cyclops

"For battle scenes, I put a scarf on the face because it lacks emotion. And because the land of Orr stinks of undead, rotting algae and dead fish. I will add pictures of a helmet+scarf combiantion in the future."

Thanks all.

Ovy

Ovy
Little update here, I got a new headsculpt for Roy.  I am not sure yet, the helmet won't fit anymore and I think I have to get rid of that make-Up, especially the lipstick. But an intresting alternative to the old Triad Toys head I think.

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 Qc6r5ch

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 Hx7eqZi

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 RnQ3uZm

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 M7xLGcL

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 S5l6rPW

Well, and some new Dioaram parts like that half circle thing (Cake-Styrofoam)
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 QuQFZTp

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 Gp6ohir

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty good choice. Looks nice. I agree about the lipstick being a bit much.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know, I think she looks great. The lipstick could be her quirky trademark. But this is far out of my usual genres, so what do I know?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Incredible work on this thread, only sorry I didn't see encounter it sooner! I'm in awe! 

And the new sculpt looks great... adds another level of realism. Good choice. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty good choice. Looks nice. I agree about the lipstick being a bit much.
Thanks, yeah I think I managed it now.

GubernatorFan wrote:I don't know, I think she looks great. The lipstick could be her quirky trademark. But this is far out of my usual genres, so what do I know?
Thanks. Yes it could be her quirky trademark, but the character I have in mind would't do that. If she was drunk or high enough to use a lipstick, she might paint her whole face.

skywalkersaga wrote:Incredible work on this thread, only sorry I didn't see encounter it sooner! I'm in awe! 

And the new sculpt looks great... adds another level of realism. Good choice. Smile
Thanks. I guess there are a lot of threads we should see but have not stumpled upon yet.

So, I tattooed the face and changed the lips. The tattoo Ink is still a bit shiny on the photos, but I was impatient and rushed those photos a bit. Played around with the lighting.

Still some sand hanging in her face.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 LeR2WFd
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 GGz5Op5

Is that Cillian Murphy? Is there a Cillian Murphy headsculpt? Does Cillian Murphy have one l or two?
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 BcsVeTy

This looks a bit brutish, as intended for this character.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 N0jqhtl

Burning zombies.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 8VwSYRH

Black and White, why not.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 QmT2sgM

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Even if I'm a little too square to appreciate tattoos, you certainly achieved a stunning look that works great for your character.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She looks awesome! Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like it. You got the lips toned down just right, and the ink seems to fit the character. Great photos.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
I like the new head sculpt a lot! Great choice, and looks appropriately bad-ass.

Ovy

Ovy
Well it's been a while? This project is killing my brain I think. While it rested for a long time, I am completely rebooting the character and the universe, to the point every piece (except the new head) has been replaced. It is a work in progress mess, redoing armor pieces over and over again, tweaking and upgrading. The prototypes of armor pieces are literally piling up and it doens't help my sanity.

It has been a weird 1/6th world problem ridden day and I was severly annoyed and irritated most of the day for several other reasons too and questioned wtf I am doing here. Why all this work? Shouldn't it distract me from everything else and not stress me out more? It's still fun though, but not always, haha.
Well, I actually wanted to post it neat and tidy and finished with glammy pics and a story, spookystyle, but I bailed out for now. So I just decided to take some silhouette pics in front of the screen before I start to throw the figure at a wall or something, haha. Crisis fuels art or something. I need to share it.
Still many nails hanging out of the unfinished armor and numberless problems to be solved that drain energy. But more of that another time. Maybe I start a new WIP therapy thread where you can help me.  Shocked  Very Happy

Here we go. All free to use unsplash images, except the necropolis pics which I took on a vacation some years ago. Lynkhart might be able to tell you more about it.

It came from the South Pole, it is rumored. Half of the globe turned into living corpses in an instant. Whatever it was, it has to take the other half the hard way.

But the Dead are patient.

For three generations now, the world is struggling to hold off this numberless horde of an evergrowing undead army.

In the first generation, the leaders of the living underestimated the threat and tried to use the invasion to their advantage.
In the second, realization set in that the world went to hell.
In the third, all the nations and kingdoms left are united in desperation.

The religions answer with Holy wars, sacrifices and prayer, to best this trial of the gods. Or it is the end of the world predicted in ancient text and song. For others the deserved punishment.
But Gods, be they powerful horned beasts, angels, spirits or the mighty Skykraken, are nowhere to be seen but on artistic depictions.

Now there is only one continent left, sheltered by a chain of islands. The coastal strongholds there are the last line of the defense.

Jaroyesz's family originates from the once feared and hated Empire of Kuraszpatra, which was eradicated in the first days of the event. Having grown up without a father and with a mother spending most of her time guarding the coastal defenses, she joined the armed forces after the island strongholds fell and the Undead started pouring in on the beaches, stepping foot on the last continent for the first time.

After a massive mobilization and countless sacrifcies, the united armies were able to push the tide of monsters back and reclaim the coastal forts. But that victory was only a drop in the ocean.

Fighting the Dead is hard. These vicious monsters feel no pain. They are resilient. They never tire, they eat the dirt to regenerate, they reanimate their fallen, they know how to fight like their mind is one. Some are flying on nasty, rotten wings like dead mockeries of angels, circling over the battlefields like vultures, unreachable for any arrow.  Animals go insane when the undead are present, making cavalry useless and supply chains hard to maintain. They even arm the dead peasants. With every lost battle, their numbers grow. Hope is slim.

But Jaroyesz discovered their one, big weakness: A big, nasty hammer rammed deep into their ****ing skulls.

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210419-234509

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210419-235119

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210419-235245

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210419-235335

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210419-235436

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210420-000248

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210420-000331

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210420-000910

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210420-001132

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210420-000037

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
For an annoyances-ridden day, you produced some beautiful and artistic imagery. Of course none of the details really show yet, but the tantalizing clues silhouettes are stunning. By the way, have you been reading Hungarian or Polish lately, because you seem taken with the letter combination "sz"? In Polish it would be like English sh/German sch (and have you decided to change the spelling of Jaroyesh?), but in Hungarian "sz" corresponds to a plain s (or ss), whereas "s" would be sh (sch). And I knew that warhammer will come in perfectly useful...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool to see this thread resurrected, Ovy. Sorry to hear about all your frustrations, and I can understand completely. The silhouette pics look amazing, and the story you wrote is dire to say the least, but with the new found hammer solution perhaps not all is lost...

Looking forward to seeing the finished product, and I’m sure it will be up to your usual standards.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oooh, stunning images, Ovy! The headstones in the background are particularly effective. And I finally understand the grave importance of the warhammer! :'D

Hope things go more smoothly for you soon. <3

Valiarde

Valiarde
I told you already, but your first iteration is still stunning even though you are redoing it now. I think it was this thread (on another platform) that opened my eyes to the world of modifications and worbla!
Even though I won't have the patience doing gloves and or moveable things like knee pads myself, I would throw it out of the window in no time or would put it onto the shelf and never move it again lol

Your new version looks very promising, even though we can just ee the shadows. Love the different backgrounds you choose for her.
And perfectionism can be stressful, especially if you really want to top your first stunning work!

Smile

BAMComix

BAMComix
Love the shadow pics! fantastic work!

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
feel free to post them in whatever state they are in, first second or 10th reboot. it's always inspiring to see your and the others stuff here on the board and sometimes the work in progress helps more than the final project in terms of learning something new or getting some food for thought.

i know from personal experience getting into something full throttle only to burn yourself out someway down the road. got a few almost finished figures laying around only to feel pre-exhausted at the thought of building yet another diorama. still, from every project on ice or on hold indefinitely, i took some experience for those i finished.

Ovy

Ovy
Some more silhouettes with sallet. I call them sallehouetts.

Two generations ago, we stopped burying our dead.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210420-000744

Speaking of fire, we tried burning the forests to stop the hordes.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210420-000433

Scorched Earth they call it. It helped us see them at night, at least. They don't sleep.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210420-000616

But didn't stop them.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210419-235559

06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210420-000204

But we shall fight them on the beaches.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210419-235710

They call it the 'end times'. I prefer 'hammer times'.
06/08/2022 Jaroyesz - Plate armor finished - Page 4 PSX-20210419-235749

GubernatorFan wrote:For an annoyances-ridden day, you produced some beautiful and artistic imagery. Of course none of the details really show yet, but the tantalizing clues silhouettes are stunning. By the way, have you been reading Hungarian or Polish lately, because you seem taken with the letter combination "sz"? In Polish it would be like English sh/German sch (and have you decided to change the spelling of Jaroyesh?), but in Hungarian "sz" corresponds to a plain s (or ss), whereas "s" would be sh (sch). And I knew that warhammer will come in perfectly useful...
Thanks a lot sir. The sallet fell down while shooting and broke in two, perfect day haha. Good thing about these prints, the cuts are perfect and good to superglue.

Did I use the sz somewhere else too? Well I think my use of sz is more of Polish origins as this is the language I hear and feel more connected to, while not really speaking and understanding it that good haha. But cool of you noticing it, yeah I think I will change the name to Jaroyesz. It looks cool.
The sh might have sounded better for the universe I originally created the character in, so I kinda want to make a distinction here I think. The Empire I mentioned was a multi cultured monolith of many different cultural and ethnic groups  held together by an ancient religion with Gothic, Catholic, Giger, Pagan, Satanic, Lovecraftian elementes.  There might be many medieval Polish, Russian, Czech, German, Hungarian, Slavic influences there, but I don't want to work too much with 'real world stand ins' haha. Glad to have you by my side whenever I drop little worldbuilding stuff in between pictures.

Stryker2011 wrote:Cool to see this thread resurrected, Ovy. Sorry to hear about all your frustrations, and I can understand completely. The silhouette pics look amazing, and the story you wrote is dire to say the least, but with the new found hammer solution perhaps not all is lost...

Looking forward to seeing the finished product, and I’m sure it will be up to your usual standards.
Haha yeah thanks for the empathy. Our little sixth world problems. Glad that the atmosphere came through as intended.

skywalkersaga wrote:Oooh, stunning images, Ovy! The headstones in the background are particularly effective. And I finally understand the grave importance of the warhammer! :'D

Hope things go more smoothly for you soon. <3

Thanks a lot! Beautiful pun. The headstones are actually from that Necropolis in Glasgow. Amaazing place.

Valiarde wrote:I told you already, but your first iteration is still stunning even though you are redoing it now. I think it was this thread (on another platform) that opened my eyes to the world of modifications and worbla!
Even though I won't have the patience doing gloves and or moveable things like knee pads myself, I would throw it out of the window in no time or would put it onto the shelf and never move it again lol

Your new version looks very promising, even though we can just ee the shadows. Love the different backgrounds you choose for her.
And perfectionism can be stressful, especially if you really want to top your first stunning work!

Smile
Haha yeah glad having helped you on your way of getting customize and using worbla. Hot water method is much more comfortable than heat gun use for me. An before you throw any figure out of the window, put padding in front of it so I can collect it later.

And while the original armor.might look more hefty and artsy with it's spikes and oversized fantasy stuff, I like the new armor a lot more already.

BAMComix wrote:Love the shadow pics! fantastic work!
Thanks a lot! Can only recommend this kind of shooting for lazy moments, just putting the figure in front of a screen in a dark room.

Tjolnir wrote:feel free to post them in whatever state they are in, first second or 10th reboot. it's always inspiring to see your and the others stuff here on the board and sometimes the work in progress helps more than the final project in terms of learning something new or getting some food for thought.

i know from personal experience getting into something full throttle only to burn yourself out someway down the road. got a few almost finished figures laying around only to feel pre-exhausted at the thought of building yet another diorama. still, from every project on ice or on hold indefinitely, i took some experience for those i finished.
Thanks, yeah I might get up some WIP pics tomorrow. Glad that it can help you.

And yeah this project was almost finished, but then I started the other universe, learned so much and looking back at the old figure it just had to be modified.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum