OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.


You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is a very brief product review of the recently announced and just released TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A, S25B, S26A, and S27B.

These are now out, and already available not only in China, but also the States. I bought from China to save money (since I was ordering several), and mine just arrived. Here are a few notes and a couple of photos.

The bodies are nicely proportioned and shaped in a fit, yet not excessive manner. The sculpting is very detailed, while the coloring is very subtle. They come in pale and (new) suntan, both being quite light in color; in fact the difference between the two skin tones is fairly minor. We get pretty much all that we have come to expect: a steel-skeleton body in a silicon "skin" (really, "flesh"), plus two pairs of removable feet (flat and heel) and three pairs of hands (relaxed, fist, and gun-grip). Unlike some recent TBLeague female seamless body releases, the box does not include the basic bikini or any other clothing. The compartment that would have held the clothing is filled with a little citrus-scented packet.

S24A and S26A are pale, S25B and S27B are suntan; S24A and S25B are slightly shorter than their predecessors (at about 27 cm tall including a head), while S26A and S27B are even more petite (at about 26 cm tall including a head).

To the usual challenge of finding a head sculpt that would match the skin tone closely enough, we now have to add the additional challenge of finding a head sculpt that would not appear too large for the body (and here the actual head size and the hair style are both factors). The VTS Furiosa head would fit beautifully if it weren't as tanned and as dirty; the TIFA head matches the (new) suntan beautifully, but looks just a bit too big. Nevertheless it is possible to find decent matches for the skin tone and the head size. I have tried to do that in the photos that follow, but there may well be other and better options. One thing that is a bit annoying is that the new bodies come with a smaller knob at the end of the neck peg, and one usually has to do something to make the fit with a head sculpt more secure -- I have resorted to packing in some thin slivers of foamies. I really do not see why this innovation was necessary or how it could have been particularly helpful, even within TBLeague (even if they were going to produce slightly smaller heads, that hardly requires resizing the neck knob).

These minor challenges apart, overall all four new bodies are a very good product that addresses the generally overly-tall issue of Phicen/TBLeague female bodies. Can it be improved? Of course. But it is as good as what we have come to expect from this company.

Hope this helps.





#tbleague #phicen #female #body #seamless #productreview


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Here are a couple more photos, of S25B with another M33. And yes, she "plays" Sif in the The Odinssons. Smile




_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for posting. I like the smaller size, but as you say, HS are going to be a challenge. I'm pretty sure I ordered one of each myself, but I ordered through Timewalker so it could be awhile before I get mine.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for posting. I like the smaller size, but as you say, HS are going to be a challenge. I'm pretty sure I ordered one of each myself, but I ordered through Timewalker so it could be awhile before I get mine.

You are very welcome. If you have a range of female head sculpts (and I believe you do), you should not have much trouble finding at least several that will work. Timewalker are good people, and they offer good list prices (though with shipping that could come out a bit pricier).


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
Ah!  I just got mine in too!  I was going to start a review thread, but you beat me to it.  

I grabbed the pale in both sizes, since the color match looked like it would be a better fit for the Original Effect heads I was planning to swap out.  This is kinda my test run, and I plan on grabbing for the rest of my House of Seasons characters depending on how well I do with this 1st batch.

1st off, I hadn't realized the issue with the smaller ball on the neck.  That is definitely going to be an issue and a big annoyance.  I really wish I knew TBL's logic behind this, as it can't be a help for anyone.  I really wonder what heads they expect people to use.  

I'm also fairly sure the feet and hands are the same size on both new body sizes.  The hands aren't as noticable, but the feel look a little big on the larger size, and I think it's even more apparent on the smaller.  Not a huge deal, but worth noting.

But the strangest new addition is the new "aromatic" packets that come opposite the one thart absorbs moisture.



It is STRONG, and has the sort of chemical smell I would assume is usually associated with a citrus scented urinal cake.  It definitely leaves the body with a bit of a faint smell that I hope will just go away sooner than later.  I so deeply wonder how the addition of these came about.

Sorry for the gripes.  The only things that were noteworthy were these negatives.  Besides this minor issues, I'm actually REALLY happy with them.  Having these to switch out the House of Seasons figures is a huge win for me, and I'm really excited about it.  They are otherwise great, with a nice build, and the usual quality we expect from Phicen/TBL.  I'll hopefully have a bunch of pictures to post after I've had the chance to work with them a bit more.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Ah!  I just got mine in too!  I was going to start a review thread, but you beat me to it.  

1st off, I hadn't realized the issue with the smaller ball on the neck.  That is definitely going to be an issue and a big annoyance.  I really wish I knew TBL's logic behind this, as it can't be a help for anyone.  I really wonder what heads they expect people to use.  

But the strangest new addition is the new "aromatic" packets that come opposite the one thart absorbs moisture. It is STRONG, and has the sort of chemical smell I would assume is usually associated with a citrus scented urinal cake.  It definitely leaves the body with a bit of a faint smell that I hope will just go away sooner than later.  I so deeply wonder how the addition of these came about.

Congratulations. Sorry if I stole your planned initiative. But feel free to post here or in new threads when you get around to your photos.

The neck thing is quite curious. Perhaps TBLeague is coming out with boxed sets that will be using these bodies and the planned heads will fit directly. Experiment with foamies to make the fit a bit tighter, it works reasonably well.

I did think the aromatic beads packets were a tad strong, though the smell isn't exactly bad -- at least until you brought up the urinal cakes comparison. I wonder if they weren't inspired by Jiaou Doll. That didn't have scented packets, but I think they used scented protective powder.

Looking forward to your photos of whatever you end up doing with these bodies.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
Thank you for showing these. All look pretty damn nice, to my eyes.

The smaller head post is really curious. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

I'm also wondering about the "scenting" of the packages. Perhaps they got into a smelly batch of latex and decided to cover it up.

View user profile
Had the chance to actually start working with mine a bit last night. While initially annoyed at the smaller neck peg, it turns out is actually fits the socket on the OE heads. I had come to terms with having to put some work into modifying, but this actually ended up working out in my favor. Still going to be an issue for all other projects, but for now, I'll take the win. On the downside, the socket on the OE heads is situated right at the bottom of the head, as opposed to deeper inside like most others, so there is a gap where the metal post is visible from the sides and back. I'm thinking of trying to fill in the gap with a bit of the neck from the old OE body. We'll see how that plays out.

GubernatorFan, have you noticed a more limited range of motion on the arms of the bodies you received? I feel like the area around the bicep doesn't want to rotate outward (if that makes any sense). I thought it might be a defect, but it seems to be a thing on both bodies I got.


_________________
www.reverendspooky.com
View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
dadrab wrote:Thank you for showing these. All look pretty damn nice, to my eyes.

The smaller head post is really curious. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

I'm also wondering about the "scenting" of the packages. Perhaps they got into a smelly batch of latex and decided to cover it up.

Interesting idea... Smile And thank you.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Had the chance to actually start working with mine a bit last night.  While initially annoyed at the smaller neck peg, it turns out is actually fits the socket on the OE heads.  I had come to terms with having to put some work into modifying, but this actually ended up working out in my favor.  Still going to be an issue for all other projects, but for now, I'll take the win.  On the downside, the socket on the OE heads is situated right at the bottom of the head, as opposed to deeper inside like most others, so there is a gap where the metal post is visible from the sides and back.  I'm thinking of trying to fill in the gap with a bit of the neck from the old OE body.  We'll see how that plays out.

GubernatorFan, have you noticed a more limited range of motion on the arms of the bodies you received?  I feel like the area around the bicep doesn't want to rotate outward (if that makes any sense).  I thought it might be a defect, but it seems to be a thing on both bodies I got.  

Glad it is working out for you. What exactly are OE heads/bodies? The acronym is just not ringing a bell for me, or I'm blanking out. The way you describe it, it sounds like the head is sitting too high up, but that can't possibly be it.

Now that you mention it, I did notice a certain reticence to rotate the lower arm outward to the side when I was posing one of the bodies (it was the S25B, so suntan, and therefore different from yours). I didn't check the other bodies, but your observation confirms that this is an underlying issue. Which leads to the usual question in situations like this: why mess with success?


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
Oh, sorry about that!  OE is Original Effect.  They did a whole line of more stylized 1/6 figures a few years back.  Not everyone's cup of tea, but I really dug them, and since they were a bit shorter (and with some figures much taller), thought they'd be the perfect base for the House of Seasons storyline figures I was doing.  






And for a while I was really happy, and they were perfect for the project, after tons of modification:






The company pretty much just disappeared, and after a couple years, the bodies didn't hold up well.  Joints got very loose, so the figure barely could stand an lots of joint breakage.  You couldn't pose them without hands or arms falling off, so they were just not worth photographing, since it was such a pain.  I thought about transferring heads to Phicen bodies when they came out, but there was too much of a size difference to look right.  Until now. So after so much anticipation, I damn well plan to make it work.

I agree that it's very strange that they change the skeleton design. I can't imagine it's intentional to limit movement. I plan to mess with it a bit more tonight to see what the deal is.


_________________
www.reverendspooky.com
View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ohh, Rev, you definitely need to repost those pics of your OE characters; those were cool.

Guv, I don’t worry about shipping with Timewalker; I always ask that they bundle my orders for free shipping (sometimes it means waiting a bit, but that’s okay).


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for explaining OE, ReverendSpooky, and showing them off. Interesting that your post-apocalyptic theme has resonated even in these more anime creations.

Stryker -- I had forgotten about that. I do ask for bundled shipping when I shop with them, but with some preorders taking longer than forever, it doesn't work quite as it is supposed to. Besides, patience was never one of my many virtues.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
These sizes look great. I wonder if they could wear the Hot Toys BW jumpsuit? I still have the Candy OE  figure that I wanted to customized. Its still in the corner inside its box. I should of bought the Rocketeer and Sunny.

View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MerylAkiba wrote:These sizes look great. I wonder if they could wear the Hot Toys BW jumpsuit?

Good question. If I had a spare suit, I would check for you, but I don't want to mess up the one on the figure. In most respects probably it should fit, although I did notice the hips still seemed fairly wide when I was putting the clothing on it. But given enough patience and persistence, it might work.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
Stryker2011 wrote:Ohh, Rev, you definitely need to repost those pics of your OE characters; those were cool.

Ask and you shall receive! I'll have to repost some stuff this weekend. And if all works out with these bodies, I'll hopefully have new versions to post soon.

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you for explaining OE, ReverendSpooky, and showing them off. Interesting that your post-apocalyptic theme has resonated even in these more anime creations.

Thanks much man! The House of Seasons stuff is a very different beast (although still has my fingerprints all over it). It's more of a modern urban fantasy, where magik developed alongside technology, and they both intermingle in all aspects of everyday life. Another story I really have to write. These new bodies got me all fired up again for it, so I might just be getting back to it a lot more. I have some really rad stuff I have to finish and get up on here.

MerylAkiba wrote:I still have the Candy OE  figure that I wanted to customized. Its still in the corner inside its box. I should of bought the Rocketeer and Sunny.

Ah, jealous! Candy is the one that got away for me. Mostly I really wanted the head, although there was plenty of fun gear too. There was a lot great about the line, although as I said above, the bodies did not hold up well.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com
I bought an S25B to try it out with Leia's Hot Toys Hoth jumpsuit.  The sleeves are a little long, but the overall fit isn't terrible.  Actually, I think it looks better than what my poor photography conveys.  Bobble head syndrome is definitely a bummer.

...and yes, Leia's jumpsuit has to be resewn  Cool .





View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think it actually looks great, MrHoss, perhaps largely because of the relatively puffy jumpsuit. Also, that it would have made things a lot easier for Leia and Han. Or perhaps a lot harder...


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

18 Clothes sized for tbleague s26a on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:49 pm

I need help I bought the new TBleague Asian s26a body I managed to use putty to hold and fill the inside of the peg for a superduck head and it looks good. But I find all the 1/6 sized clothes I have is too big. they fit real nice with my other phicen but not this one. Can I have any suggestions? Thank you

View user profile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Da_realcm wrote:I need help I bought the new TBleague Asian s26a body I managed to use putty to hold and fill the inside of the peg for a superduck head and it looks good. But I find all the 1/6 sized clothes I have is too big. they fit real nice with my other phicen but not this one. Can I have any suggestions? Thank you

Hi. I am sure others will come up with some helpful suggestions. You might want to look into Barbie clothes that look passably realistic -- they tend to be a bit on the tighter side, and this might work well with the smaller TBLeague bodies. There are also some kinds of slightly stretchy swimsuits/bikinis that will probably still work well enough for you (I used some of them in the photos above). Also, the kind of skirts that have a velcro closure that might allow you to close them a bit more tightly than usual. Finally, you can wait a bit until we see parted-out TBLeague boxed sets that used these smaller bodies or even third party clothing specially designed for them.


_________________
I'll be back!
View user profile http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com
Thank you for you're reply. I figured to find some Barbie clothing I managed to find a site that sells fairly realistic pieces but are expensive. for the time being I think you're right and I'll wait. It's a bit of a bummer, I do really like the size and look of the figure and can't wait to see what pieces tbleague comes out for it.

View user profile

21 Clothing for SB25 and SB27 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:05 pm

I recently made the decision to get back into collecting 1/6th figures for the first time since I was 12 in 1974. I ordered one of the new Phicen/TB League SB 25 figures from Urban Samurai and was very impressed with it, but unfortunately, it hadn't occurred to me that the clothing I'd ordered from Black Ops Toys was made for the larger dolls and wouldn't fit properly; especially the pants.

With a pair of scissors, needle and thread, I was able to modify these pants to fit better, albeit not perfectly. My question is, is anyone out there making clothing designed to fit these smaller framed TBLeague dolls, and how can we tell? It's well and dandy for Phicen to release figures in smaller sizes, but without the support for these; clothing and heads that are not outsize, what is the point?

View user profile

22 Joint pin sizes on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:17 pm

I agree with you. It seems to make no sense whatsoever to have changed the sizes of the joint pins on the newer, smaller dolls. I'm sure that smaller heads could be made to accommodate the old ones. That's just stupid design if you ask me.

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Da_realcm wrote:I need help I bought the new TBleague Asian s26a body I managed to use putty to hold and fill the inside of the peg for a superduck head and it looks good. But I find all the 1/6 sized clothes I have is too big. they fit real nice with my other phicen but not this one. Can I have any suggestions? Thank you

I have both all of the new (smaller) bodies, and the two smallest sizes (the S26A & S27B) are going to be even more problematic than the S24A & S25B (which are small in their own right). The only heads I found that work for the S24A & S24B are the new Elf-ear heads (which also come with normal ears), but they both require blu-tac in the neck to keep the head on the ball joint of the neck. They are also of a sufficiently small size to not look oversized on the body. The two S26A S27B -- I have two "Child" heads coming through eBay -- I'm hoping they work. These bodies, aside from the overly large boobs, are so tiny only "children's" clothes are going to be of use. I was really hoping to replace my Slave Leia with one of these bodies, as the height is much closer to Carrie Fisher, but the shoulders are ridiculously narrow. In order to represent a kid, the bust will have to be shaved down considerably. These could be ones that require either Barbie clothes (with modifications), or custom-made. You mentioned in another post that you found some expensive options out there. Please share where you found them, as sometimes going custom route can be just as expensive (if not more so) as paying for pre-made.

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think Reverend Spooky might be on to something about using Original Effect clothing -- if you can find any. Those figures are no longer being made (from the looks of it), and they are pretty expensive on the after-market.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
I do have this outfit on my s24a body, and it fits nicely:
https://goo.gl/images/94RQdC

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:I do have this outfit on my s24a body, and it fits nicely:
https://goo.gl/images/94RQdC

I ordered that outfit off eBay a couple weeks ago, but I was planning to use the vest for a “mini-me” of my wife. Good to know though that the rest of it is useable. Thanks.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
Could you elaborate a bit on these "elf-ear" heads? What make? Where to get?

View user profile
Thanks. I'll try ordering one or both of these, if the SuperDuck head I have coming looks too outsize or something. I really can't figure out why Phicen/TBLeague would put these new bodies out without any support for them whatsoever. I wonder what their thinking is. Are they:

A. planning to put out their own heads and clothes and be the only ones doing so, forcing everyone who buys their dolls to buy from them.

B. Counting on the principle that another manufacturer of heads and / or clothing will see an opportunity to be the only one producing heads and clothes for these specific dolls?

C. Working with others to make sure that heads and clothes become available.

View user profile
Now I want the elf heads, where do I find the money? They're really pretty!

View user profile
Yeah, the Original Effect heads are great, you just have to be good with them being a lot more stylized than most are looking for (I still love them). And even the clothes are hit or miss. I've had some pieces fit, and some are actually too small, even for the smallest bodies. And agree, good luck finding any. I wanted that Candy head so bad, and could never find one loose ANYWHERE. So if someone has one they want to get rid of...

I can see the lack of clothes being a bit frustrating. I've made almost everything that I'm using for these bodies, and I have about 4 so far. The lack of any head sockets that fit is a bigger annoyance, and even the OE heads required a little tinkering to make them work. I've been thinking I want to try that undersized Furiosa head too, but that'll require a a bit more effort.


_________________
www.reverendspooky.com
View user profile http://reverendspooky.com
Hi all, I'm potentially interested in these newer bodies, as most of the female figures I customize are of a shorter/more petite stature and/or need to look quite short beside the male figures, and there is only so much one can do to extend the height of male figures before they start to look ridiculous and out -of-proportion themselves.

But before going ahead and purchasing one (or several), I just thought I'd ask if anyone had ever tried one with a Peak Toys headsculpt? I noticed when I was trying a Peak Toys sculpt (PT001) on some normal-sized jointed 1/6 bodies that it actually looked a bit too small on them, so I thought, hmm...maybe one of those shorter TBLeague bodies would work. But I have searched to see if I could find any examples, and nothing came up, so maybe that is not the case.

Just based off the pics, I guess my main concern would be to make sure there would not be too much of an unsightly gap between the head and the neck, and that the neck would not be too thin for the head.

I'm specifically hoping to use the shortest suntan version, the s27b, but would consider the slightly taller one if it seemed to work better.

Any advice would be most appreciated. Smile


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Greetings, skywalkersaga, and welcome aboard. I don’t think the two smallest bodies here would work with the Peak heads, as they aren’t any smaller than a Super Duck head.

Check out this thread for some pics I posted concerning these four bodies with the heads in the thread link:

http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t154-new-product-wondery-1-6-interchangeable-ear-female-head-ava-daeris-ep01-ep02


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
Thanks so much for the quick reply, and for the welcome! : )

I truly appreciate response, as it saves me making (yet another) wasted purchase.  ;p

That said, I do think those elf heads you shared are super cute! I also really like the hair on them, it's an improvement from the usual hair on these headsculpts, I think (I normally find the hair on 1/6 heads rather wanting in quality and texture) -- but alas, I don't have a use for them at present, or at least, not without some extreme repaint/makeovers. But I will keep them in mind for future use. : )

I have seen SuperDuck heads advertised, but never seen one in person, sorry! The only 1/6 vinyl (as opposed to resin) heads like this that I have in-hand at present (other than Hot Toys and some Hot Toys knockoffs) are Kimi Toys and the lone Peak Toys head I picked up recently. The Peak Toys head seems a lot smaller than the KimiToys, and (to my eyes) sits strangely on bodies like VeryCool, Kumik, and PopToys (all of which I've tried it on and thought it looked a bit undersized, but maybe my perception is skewed).

So, while I've figured out a potential TbLeague body that is supposed to go with some of the KimiToys (s17b, with the 'narrow shoulders'), I don't know which one suits the PeakToys. The one that is recommended on some of the listings looks too busty and has too wide of shoulders for my tastes. Not to mention probably too tall.  And the skintone looks slightly different between the PT and KT sculpts, so I'm not even sure if it would work with the same one I have picked out for the Kimi Toys (if that makes sense).

Apologies -- I realize I'm getting off-topic for the thread. I would still really love to find a use for these smaller bodies, but now have to think about it a bit more. :/


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Skywalkersaga, the S25B might be a good option for that Peak Toys head. It’s not as small as the other two I mentioned, but it is smaller than a standard TBLeague.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
Ah ok, I see -- thank you for the clarification! Gives me some hope ^.^


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/
GubernatorFan wrote:This is a very brief product review of the recently announced and just released TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A, S25B, S26A, and S27B.

These are now out, and already available not only in China, but also the States. I bought from China to save money (since I was ordering several), and mine just arrived. Here are a few notes and a couple of photos.

The bodies are nicely proportioned and shaped in a fit, yet not excessive manner. The sculpting is very detailed, while the coloring is very subtle. They come in pale and (new) suntan, both being quite light in color; in fact the difference between the two skin tones is fairly minor. We get pretty much all that we have come to expect: a steel-skeleton body in a silicon "skin" (really, "flesh"), plus two pairs of removable feet (flat and heel) and three pairs of hands (relaxed, fist, and gun-grip). Unlike some recent TBLeague female seamless body releases, the box does not include the basic bikini or any other clothing. The compartment that would have held the clothing is filled with a little citrus-scented packet.

S24A and S26A are pale, S25B and S27B are suntan; S24A and S25B are slightly shorter than their predecessors (at about 27 cm tall including a head), while S26A and S27B are even more petite (at about 26 cm tall including a head).

To the usual challenge of finding a head sculpt that would match the skin tone closely enough, we now have to add the additional challenge of finding a head sculpt that would not appear too large for the body (and here the actual head size and the hair style are both factors). The VTS Furiosa head would fit beautifully if it weren't as tanned and as dirty; the TIFA head matches the (new) suntan beautifully, but looks just a bit too big. Nevertheless it is possible to find decent matches for the skin tone and the head size. I have tried to do that in the photos that follow, but there may well be other and better options. One thing that is a bit annoying is that the new bodies come with a smaller knob at the end of the neck peg, and one usually has to do something to make the fit with a head sculpt more secure -- I have resorted to packing in some thin slivers of foamies. I really do not see why this innovation was necessary or how it could have been particularly helpful, even within TBLeague (even if they were going to produce slightly smaller heads, that hardly requires resizing the neck knob).

These minor challenges apart, overall all four new bodies are a very good product that addresses the generally overly-tall issue of Phicen/TBLeague female bodies. Can it be improved? Of course. But it is as good as what we have come to expect from this company.

Hope this helps.





#tbleague #phicen #female #body #seamless #productreview


If it helps any, I've just mated up a new Super Duck head with the S24A body and the scaling seems quite good, but the skin tone is way darker.

20190112_0115 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr


20190112_0109 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

My full comments can be found here:  

http://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1160-post-apocalyptic-pinup-patrol-girl-a-work-in-progress

View user profile
Thank so much for sharing --that is indeed a helpful reference.

And your post-apocalyptic pinupgirl is looking good! So sorry that the skintone isn't quite a match, that is always so frustrating. But you are right that it seems ok scale-wise, at least.

ETA: Quick question -- do you by any chance have any pics of her standing next to male figures, for reference? Smile


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/
skywalkersaga wrote:Thank so much for sharing --that is indeed a helpful reference.

And your post-apocalyptic pinupgirl is looking good! So sorry that the skintone isn't quite a match, that is always so frustrating. But you are right that it seems ok scale-wise, at least.

ETA: Quick question -- do you by any chance have any pics of her standing next to male figures, for reference? Smile


This is the only figure I have so far; the first in the collection, but GovernatorFan has put up some images of these figures next to a male figure for comparison in a review of the TB League figures.

View user profile
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

ETA: Quick question -- do you by any chance have any pics of her standing next to male figures, for reference? Smile


This is the only figure I have so far; the first in the collection, but GovernatorFan has put up some images of these figures next to a male figure for comparison in a review of the TB League figures.

Oh, my bad! I did see you say that, but then got distracted by the little world you were creating, and forgot that there wasn't anyone else in it yet, lol! XD


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/
skywalkersaga wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

ETA: Quick question -- do you by any chance have any pics of her standing next to male figures, for reference? Smile


This is the only figure I have so far; the first in the collection, but GovernatorFan has put up some images of these figures next to a male figure for comparison in a review of the TB League figures.

Oh, my bad! I did see you say that, but then got distracted by the little world you were creating, and forgot that there wasn't anyone else in it yet, lol! XD

It happens.

View user profile
Just dropping in for an example of clothing, my 2 "medium" size bodies, the S24A and S25B

Phicen/TBLeague Bodies S24A and S25B by ingiebee, on Flickr

The left one is wearing the "SuperMCTOYS 1/6 Leather Moto Jacket Sets for Strong Female F074" and the right one has on the "Scarlet Witch dress" (squeezed on) with a Bratz hoodie and plastic shoes (makes her feet look small, might be made for barbie) without her feet Smile

The body colors really are barely different. We need more color!!! Smile Anyone know how to get these new models in browner colors please?

View user profile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You’d have to color them yourself, Peaches. Nothing darker for the females yet. One body you might want to try for a darker skin tone is the Jiaou Doll “Wheaten” — assuming they didn’t change their formula the way TBL did.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
Thanks for the examples, Peaches. It really does help give me a better idea to see them dressed in clothing.

And I agree, there needs to be more colour options in the tbleague bodies in general. And not only that, more SHAPES, as well as more heights. Many of the tbleague bodies have ridiculously tiny hips....to the point it is actually unrealistic. I look at some of them (the muscular bodies, for instance) and they look like male bodies with boobs attached, to me. And the ones that do have slightly more curvaceous hips tend to have massive shoulders and giant busts, which kind of ruins the effect as well. I would give much to have body shape that is a more slender upper body but with curvy hips. And I'm not even talking, like 'plus size' here....just, you know, more realistic woman's body shape. ;p

Some of the jiaou body shapes are slightly better (in my eyes) when it comes to the hips area, but then their shoulders are still really awkward and broad looking, and they still have the issue of rather large busts, regardless. :/

(Whoops, sorry for the rant, just so frustrating.)


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/
OK, cool, thanks @Stryker2011, I don't think I'd have to have a seamless for the Zoe I want to make, maybe can find a good color with another company if Jiaou doesn't have anything dark enough. It's strange how darker skin is always difficult to find in the toy world Sad With resin dolls, it's because the darker pigment is difficult to work with as it tends to marble and can't be sanded. Though they're getting better with their formulas lately Smile

View user profile
Peaches wrote:OK, cool, thanks @Stryker2011, I don't think I'd have to have a seamless for the Zoe I want to make, maybe can find a good color with another company if Jiaou doesn't have anything dark enough.  It's strange how darker skin is always difficult to find in the toy world Sad  With resin dolls, it's because the darker pigment is difficult to work with as it tends to marble and can't be sanded.  Though they're getting better with their formulas lately Smile

That's interesting, I had no idea!

And if it's for Zoe that you'd need the body for, perhaps since only her neck/chest area and forearms will be showing (assuming you'd be doing her 'main' outfit), you could just use an all-hard plastic jointed body and just paint the areas that will show? It's not ideal I know, but that's what I'm having to do for the time being with a couple of SW characters I'm working on...


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Peaches wrote:OK, cool, thanks @Stryker2011, I don't think I'd have to have a seamless for the Zoe I want to make, maybe can find a good color with another company if Jiaou doesn't have anything dark enough.  It's strange how darker skin is always difficult to find in the toy world Sad  With resin dolls, it's because the darker pigment is difficult to work with as it tends to marble and can't be sanded.  Though they're getting better with their formulas lately Smile

That's interesting, I had no idea!

And if it's for Zoe that you'd need the body for, perhaps since only her neck/chest area and forearms will be showing (assuming you'd be doing her 'main' outfit), you could just use an all-hard plastic jointed body and just paint the areas that will show? It's not ideal I know, but that's what I'm having to do for the time being with a couple of SW characters I'm working on...

I’ve done the same thing. Works fine.


_________________
Mark

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile
@skywalkersaga that's a great idea! A hard plastic doll is so inexpensive, it's not that scary to mess with Very Happy Thanks for opening my stupid mind up, LOL to you and @Stryker2011 Very Happy

View user profile
Peaches wrote:@skywalkersaga that's a great idea!  A hard plastic doll is so inexpensive, it's not that scary to mess with Very Happy  Thanks for opening my stupid mind up, LOL to you and @Stryker2011 Very Happy


Aw, yeah, exactly! I love to be able to paint with acrylics, so to me if I can get away with using a surface that will 'take' that medium, then it's a win. I also personally don't view (quality) jointed bodies as being somehow 'lesser' than seamless ones....I just see them as both being useful for different needs and purposes. Smile

And you're welcome! Really looking forward to seeing your take on Zoe! ^.^


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/
Sorry to be so annoying and persistent, lol, but... does anyone happen to have a pic of both the s17b AND the s25b (can include s27b as well), standing next to each other (preferably WITH headsculpts)?  

Even better if they are both standing next to a male figure (seamless or otherwise) for reference. Very Happy

I ask because, thus far, the s17b has been my favourite tbleague body in terms of overall shape. While it's not perfect, I really love the smaller upper body (slender shoulders and medium bust) on that one. But I've always felt it was probably still just a little too tall for certain characters that I'd need it for. I guess I'd just love to see one or both of the smaller bodies next to it just to get a better idea of how they all sort of compare. Smile


_________________
"The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Focusing on the Prequels, Clone Wars, and Original Trilogy eras (NO 'sequels', thanks!)
View user profile https://the-far-bright-center.tumblr.com/

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum