OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

ravrohan

Yep, that's the thread, still a good resource for these size bodies I think. At least we know a range. Thanks for the link.

And thanks! Most of the parts showed up at once and I snatched them all up, so she came together pretty fast.

Peaches

Awesome, @GubernatorFan, sorry I had a crazy week, @ravrohan Sad That WIP pic, she's not on the 26 or 27 is she? That would be amazing Smile

doodlehobby

Peaches wrote:Awesome, @GubernatorFan, sorry I had a crazy week, @ravrohan Sad  That WIP pic, she's not on the 26 or 27 is she?  That would be amazing Smile
It's on a 24A according to previous post. So the medium not too petite body. :p

@ravrohan definitely a very nice bash. Smile

Peaches

Well, Although I would love to see what more people do with the 36 and 27, I'm pretty happy with the 24/25 bodies Smile I need to paint my heads! Ugh!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, I ordered the JXToys Avril head sculpt; I just hope it is appropriately small. Ms. Lavigne is a tiny little thing at 5'2" (making her around 26.24666666666667 cm in 1:6 scale) -- which would mean, that the S27B would be about the right height for her (and Carrie Fisher -- who was 5' 1"). However, with how oddly narrow the shoulders are, it would look more like a child's body (with disproportionate bust), then an adult woman's body. So, unless they surprise me with a slightly smaller head, the Avril HS will end up on a much taller body than it should be.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I know the frustration, Stryker! I'm sure it will still look good, but it would indeed be nice to be able to recreate characters' and/or real people's heights and statures a bit more accurately.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Peaches

Peaches
Yah, it's too bad we can't just kitbash these bodies :/

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks in large part to the very generous help and advice I received on this thread, I was finally able to finish my first figure using one of these smaller tbleague bodies! Smile

While I already posted these pics over on their own thread, I just wanted to share them here as well:

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 Img_6611

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 Img_6615

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 Img_6511

She is a 'realistic' interpretation of an animated Clone Wars-style Padme Amidala, on s25b body, with a PeakToys headsculpt, repainted by me. : )

Thanks again to everyone who went out of their way to provide pics and answer questions, especially to GF for those awesome height comparison photos! Being able to use seamless bodies for more petite female characters has really opened a lot of doors for me, and I now can't wait to work on others as well! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are welcome. Given the nature of the outfit, perhaps using a seamless body really does make enough of a difference. I hadn't realized you repainted the head, in which case you did a super nice job.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:You are welcome. Given the nature of the outfit, perhaps using a seamless body really does make enough of a difference.

Yeah! When I first started I was intending to use a jointed body for it, but I hadn't realized just how badly the joints would show through the fabric of the pale coloured suit. It was noticeable enough that I felt it worth seeking out a suitable seamless body instead, and I'm glad I did, even if it did end up meaning a lot of re-adjustment of the outfit, etc. It was worth it. : )

GubernatorFan wrote:I hadn't realized you repainted the head, in which case you did a super nice job.

Aw, thank you! :') While the paint on the original PeakToys headsculpt is 'ok', it just doesn't look like Padme to me, hence the need for a repaint. I guess the fact that it wasn't immediately noticeable is a good sign? Laughing

Peaches

Peaches
@skywalkersaga I need to find your thread, in the meantime, wow, she looks perfect!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Pictures and use of the new ...teenager Bodys.... ! I used mine for the Twi´lek Character. I cut the steel legs to made her smaller, because i want to have her for another project... more child than teenager.

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 20190516

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks again, Peaches! <3

And your Twi'lek girl is lovely, Ephiane. These smaller bodies are indeed versatile, with a bit of imagination... :')

Peaches

Peaches
Ephiane wrote:Great Pictures and use of the new ...teenager Bodys.... ! I used mine for the Twi´lek Character. I cut the steel legs to made her smaller, because i want to have her for another project... more child than teenager.

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 20190516

Love those two, they're amazing.  You really color them well. Does the color really not rub off? I'm still thinking of turning a phican into a dark skin color, but I don't want it to rub off on the clothes because I'd love to have several outfits for his character.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It doesn’t rub off at all, as long as you just give it a good rinse (or several) to remove the residue that accumulates from the oil pastel .... the overall effect is more like dyeing it than painting it, I have found.

Peaches

Peaches
I'm saving my pennies to get another s17/18 body then for Zoe Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooh, yay, that'll look awesome!

Aria

It's ironic how the average human adult woman is 6.5 of her own heads tall, including her head, yet when a figure is 6.5 or even 7 of her own heads tall, she looks out of proportion and like her head is too big. Putting the same head on a 23B or other taller one would take her to her head being too small to fir proportionately were she a real human woman, yet that's the was we've become accustomed to seeing figures.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aria - I do agree that people's perceptions are probably a bit skewed at times due to being so used to the overly-tall tbleague bodies. That said, in the case of the s27b, I feel like the issue is not solely that the sculpts are too big on it, but also that the shoulders on the body itself are proportionately too small. 

Speaking of which, I had a question for doodlehobby -- when you did your experiment with the various heads on the s27b, one of the ones that looked passable was the Villa sculpt. It seemed alright when the body was dressed in an outfit that hid its narrow shoulders, but I'm curious how that head looked on that extra small body when it has bare shoulders? I'm guessing that, like most, it can't help but look a bit bobblehead-ish that way, but I'm just curious.

doodlehobby

skywalkersaga wrote:Aria - I do agree that people's perceptions are probably a bit skewed at times due to being so used to the overly-tall tbleague bodies. That said, in the case of the s27b, I feel like the issue is not solely that the sculpts are too big on it, but also that the shoulders on the body itself are proportionately too small. 

Speaking of which, I had a question for doodlehobby -- when you did your experiment with the various heads on the s27b, one of the ones that looked passable was the Villa sculpt. It seemed alright when the body was dressed in an outfit that hid its narrow shoulders, but I'm curious how that head looked on that extra small body when it has bare shoulders? I'm guessing that, like most, it can't help but look a bit bobblehead-ish that way, but I'm just curious.
I'll post a pic with bare shoulders when I get a chance.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aw, thanks — no rush! Smile

Aria

skywalkersaga wrote:Aria - I do agree that people's perceptions are probably a bit skewed at times due to being so used to the overly-tall tbleague bodies. That said, in the case of the s27b, I feel like the issue is not solely that the sculpts are too big on it, but also that the shoulders on the body itself are proportionately too small. 

I haven't yet played with the 26/27, but the 24/25 looks great with the heads that most people are putting on 23<. I've heard very little about the 26/27 that's very complimentary.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, finding heads that work with the s24a-s25b is not nearly as difficult. The original comparison chart that was on many of the listings for the smaller bodies showed a circle atop each of the bodies as a stand-in for the head, and it was the same size for the regular bodies as it was for the 24-25 range. It was only the s26a-s27b that had a smaller circle, showing that they were designed for a smaller-sized head. But since no one ever put out any official heads to go with those, one is left to scour the earth trying to find something that works. I do think they were made moreso to work with stylised Obitsu heads, but it’s nonetheless frustrating for those who want to use them for anything else.

nhwioz

nhwioz
Body Phicen/ TBLeague S24A

Head:
Custom Girl Head 1/6 Scale Female Head Sculpt Crystal Liu Head Carving Movie Actress for 12'' Action Figure Body Accessory

Shoes:
1/6 Scale Female Shoes Middle Long Zipper Leather Boots Model Hollow Inside ZY1010 for 12 inches Action Figure Accessory
Fit well and are easy to put on.

Dress:
6x Classical Black Dress Dinner Party Mini Gown Handmade Fashion Costume Clothes for Barbie FR Doll Accessories Dollhouse
The clothes look very good on Body TBLeague. They are strechy and easy to wear.

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 113
https://flic.kr/p/2hu9hvx

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 211
https://flic.kr/p/2huc2zs

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 311
https://flic.kr/p/2huc2z2

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 411
https://flic.kr/p/2hucXhD

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 511
https://flic.kr/p/2hucXhD

Body Phicen/ TBLeague S24A

Head:
1/6 Scale Collectible Women Asian Girl CT019 Head Sculpt Model with Short/Long Hair for 12 inches Action Figure Body

Shoes:
TOY 1/6 Scale Accessories Action Figures Female High-Heeled Shoes Increase Uniform Set PVC 4 Colors Fit 12 Inch PHICEN Body Doll
The shoes look nice, but they are terrible to wear. I needed an eternity.

Dress:
8 styles for choose good quality doll dress doll suits top tshirt pant skirt for bb 1:6 doll BBI00601
Was not easy to put on, it fits tight.

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 1011
https://flic.kr/p/2huc2Gb

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 1110
https://flic.kr/p/2hucXoF

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 1210
https://flic.kr/p/2hu9hyy

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 1310
https://flic.kr/p/2hucXmr

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 1410
https://flic.kr/p/2hu9hsb

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 6 2010
https://flic.kr/p/2hu9hx1

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
They both look pretty good. I especially like the white top and pink polka-dot skirt set; very cute.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Stryker's comment -- that is my favorite, too, but they are both very suitable outfits and head sculpts. Speaking of which, I couldn't help but notice these are both examples of a common inherent flaw with female 1/6 figures -- the width of the head's neck opening as opposed to the neck going into it. Michael Crawford was referring to this in a recent review, and this illustrates the point; perhaps the size of these bodies exacerbates the potential for this occurring. The corresponding common flaw in male figures is the oversized hands. But back to the point, the heads you chose work very well with the bodies scale-wise and the hair can conceal the "neck problem" in most instances.

nhwioz

nhwioz
Thanks Stryker2011, GubernatorFan for the Positive Assessment. Smile

The neck opening to the neck I did not notice before. Now that you say it, I can see it on some photos. I try next time with the hair to conceal the "neck problem".

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don't think I'd ever seen those headsculpt 'in-hand' before, thanks for sharing!

And yeah, that head/neck issue is something that I don't really notice in person, and which I tend to only see later on after looking through pics I've taken during a photoshoot. Frustrating, especially when trying to do any kind of tied-back hairstyle, which is required when recreating certain characters!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum