OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Last August I posted this first Part on MWD and I thought I would post it here this year.

Part 01 Aug 2017

I think Kefira (Treasure Hunter) is my oldest PHICEN/TBLEAGUE Adventure Figure & Vampirella was my newest PHICEN/TBLEAGUE action figure.

Both figures were originally purchased MIB, Kefira a few years ago in early 2015 & Vampirella in 2017 & both figures have been slightly customized
Kefira with a new outfit (Irongel Gal) & Vampirella with a new HS. (Very Cool Toys Milla)

I think Kefira maybe the First Generation(?) PHICEN/TBLEAGUE with the Plastic Armature (ratcheting joints) & Vampirella is the  
7th(?) Generation with the Stainless Steel Armature (smooth movement joints) both utilize medical grade material.

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2u1DvnqxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Kefira likes to be prepared for almost any situation that may arise.

PHICEN/ TBLEAGUE has came along ways in the past 6 years & think it will be interesting to see what they will look like in another 6 to 10 years.

I bet Vampirella will look primitive like Kefira does now.

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2u1DvFdxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Probably not one of Kefira better ideas to turn her back on a Vampire but I suspect she won't make that same mistake twice.

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2u1Dv5NxAChVkHosted on Fotki
I think Kefira has held up pretty well for her age but unfortunately her original outfit didn't. (dry rot)

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2u1DvC5xAChVkHosted on Fotki
How Kefira originally looked back in early 2015 when I first got her.

Part 02 Aug 2018

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2JFTthjxAChVkHosted on Fotki
TBL/Phicen Kefira (2011) TBLEAGUE Asian Vampirella (2017) and TBLEAGUE Queen of Vampires Arkhalla (2018)

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2JFTtC8xAChVkHosted on Fotki
It looks like Vampi is still holding a grudge.

I thought this might be of interest?

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2JFTtgzxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Front row, left to right. All plastic skeleton.

TBL/PHICEN Kefira (2011) PHICEN SELENA (2012) PHICEN NINA Ver.1.0 (2013) and PHICEN Lady Magician V4 (2014)

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2JFTtWdxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Back row, left to right. All Stainless Steel Armature.

PHICEN Shi in Battle Armor (2015) PHICEN MERCY DANTE (2016) PHICEN Arhian Head Huntress (2017) and TBLEAGUE Athena (2018)

Thank you for looking

Comments are welcomed.

Bad Wolf

#fantasy, #female, #phicen, #tbleague

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It is an interesting comparison. I don't know that Vampirella will look primitive in five years... though she might stick up like a less realistic Glamazon if surrounded by shorter and more average(ly tall) female figures. The Akhalla figure in your photos already hints at this, although there some of the difference is due to the absence of high heels.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
GubernatorFan wrote:It is an interesting comparison. I don't know that Vampirella will look primitive in five years... though she might stick up like a less realistic Glamazon if surrounded by shorter and more average(ly tall) female figures. The Akhalla figure in your photos already hints at this, although there some of the difference is due to the absence of high heels.

Thanks, I was quite surprised how to see far PHICEN/ TBLEAGUE has come in the past 7 years from using recast BBI CY GIRL HS on their earlier figures to Athena and
from those horrible Plastic Armature (ratcheting joints) to Stainless Steel Armature. Yea Vampirella may not look to bad in another 5 years time but in 10 years these
figures may be moving and posing on their own? LOL

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Really fun comparison. I think the most reassuring take away for me is that the rubber has completely held up! As more and more of my collection is taken over by seamless bodies, and I replace the bodies of old figures, that issue has been one of my biggest fears. Phicen/TBL has definitely continued to up their game as far as the detail of the sculpts, better heads, and the improved metal skeleton, but it really does seem like they've get things locked down on the silicone material.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
ReverendSpooky wrote:Really fun comparison.  I think the most reassuring take away for me is that the rubber has completely held up!  As more and more of my collection is taken over by seamless bodies, and I replace the bodies of old figures, that issue has been one of my biggest fears.  Phicen/TBL has definitely continued to up their game as far as the detail of the sculpts, better heads, and the improved metal skeleton, but it really does seem like they've get things locked down on the silicone material.

Thank you my friend I'm glad you liked it, yea I think Kefira looks just as good today as she did back in 2011 actually all of my PHICEN/TBLEAGUE
 sill look really good yep that was one of my biggest fears too. Although I do have a older PHICEN V4 from 2014 with a broken shoulder and she'a a
desk jockey now. I hope to able to update this thread in Aug 2019 with whatever newest TBLEAGUE figure that is out by then.
(I'm hoping it's Lady Death 3)

dadrab

dadrab
Killer comparison. Thank you for showing us.

Your analysis is very good, too. The sculpting of the bodies certainly has come a long way. Still, the older ones look to be less "ripped" and more real world.

I believe yours is the first I've seen showing some of the older latex figures. They appear to have held up damn well.

My first one was Haley Berry (plastic skeleton) and I broke her minutes after putting a sweater on her. However, the skin has held up really well and I'm trying to come up with something for her to do that requires floppy arms.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
dadrab wrote:Killer comparison. Thank you for showing us.

Your analysis is very good, too. The sculpting of the bodies certainly has come a long way. Still, the older ones look to be less "ripped" and more real world.

I believe yours is the first I've seen showing some of the older latex figures. They appear to have held up damn well.

My first one was Haley Berry (plastic skeleton) and I broke her minutes after putting a sweater on her. However, the skin has held up really well and I'm trying to come up with something for her to do that requires floppy arms.

Thank you dadrab it's very much appreciated and your welcome, sorry to hear about your Haley Berry figure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the comparison. The difference is pretty amazing. TBL/Phicen has made some pretty significant strides.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH C8485110

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for the comparison. The difference is pretty amazing. TBL/Phicen has made some pretty significant strides.

Your welcome and thank you, the TBleague/ Phicen figures seem to be getting better every year.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Now Part 03 Aug 2020

I think Kefira is my oldest PHICEN action figure & SARIAH is my newest PHICEN/TBLEAGUE action figure.

Kefira was originally purchased MIB a few years ago in early 2015 & SARIAH in 2020.

I think Kefira maybe the First Generation(?) PHICEN/TBLEAGUE with the Plastic Armature (ratcheting joints) and
 SARIAH is the newest Generation with the Stainless Steel Armature (smooth movement joints) both utilize medical grade material.

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2H4MTkGxAChVkHosted on Fotki
PHICEN/ TBLEAGUE Kefira, (2011), NINA Ver.1.0 (2013) Mercy Dante, (2016) Cowgirl (2018) and SARIAH (2020)

PHICEN/ TBLEAGUE has came along ways in the past 9 years & think it will be interesting to see what they will look like in another 5 to 10 years.

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2H4MT4FxAChVkHosted on Fotki

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2H4MTmdxAChVkHosted on Fotki
I think Kefira is still looks for for her age (09) but I wonder what she will look like when she turns 18?

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 2v2H4MTVNxAChVkHosted on Fotki

I hope to do another photo shoot with Kefira & Jane Doe (whatever her name is) in the Summer of 2022. (if I'm still around?)

On OSW back Sept 2017 my predictions for 2027 was some brilliant young PHICEN/TBLEAGUE inventor will take the newest & best figure rebuild the Stainless Steel Armature & add a miniature microprocessor (an military grade) and now not only can she stand own her own but walk & talk (AI) & she will try to convince you to get rid of all of those old primitive statue like figures like Vampirella & laugh at the really old one's like Kefira & say did we really once look like that OMG that hilarious. LOL

Thank you for looking.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Speaking of AI, I just rewatched the movie Small Soldiers — hilarious; perfectly sums everything that’s wrong with pushing technology too far.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It's interesting to see how all of them are different, the older ones also have a different overall shape to them.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures!  PHICEN Kefira, TBLEAGUE Vampirella and now updated with TBLEAGUE SARIAH 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Funny how pretty sophisticated the old ones seemed back then -- and in many ways still look good -- until that plastic skeleton snapped inside... But I'm glad you've kept most of yours in great condition. The comparison does highlight a range in changing shapes and proportions, and TBLeague has generally done a good job with improvements, although we keep wanting something more or something different. Stryker -- Small Soldiers is a pretty apt choice in relation to our hobby. Smile

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:Speaking of AI, I just rewatched the movie Small Soldiers — hilarious; perfectly sums everything that’s wrong with pushing technology too far.

Small Soldiers was a great a move I watched it a few months ago.

Theboo-bomb wrote:It's interesting to see how all of them are different, the older ones also have a different overall shape to them.

Thanks, I think even Mercy Dante is starting to look dated compared to SARIAH now.

GubernatorFan wrote:Funny how pretty sophisticated the old ones seemed back then -- and in many ways still look good -- until that plastic skeleton snapped inside... But I'm glad you've kept most of yours in great condition. The comparison does highlight a range in changing shapes and proportions, and TBLeague has generally done a good job with improvements, although we keep wanting something more or something different. Stryker -- Small Soldiers is a pretty apt choice in relation to our hobby. Smile

Thanks, yeah I won't even try to repose any of my older plastic skeleton figures in fear of breaking something.
I agree PHICEN/ TBLEAGUE has came a long ways from it's it's early days to the 2020 figures.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Seeing that Mercy Dante figure always makes me sad that I missed out on one.

Is Sariah an S23? If so it's nice to see that she is staying the new 'pinker' suntan - I've got one of these bodies on the way and got it earmarked for a pinkish GAC sculpt.

Is it my eyes, or is she non bubble-butted (as newer 23s now are) ?

EDIT: A closer look at the profile shots would suggest it's my eyes. Laughing

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
GeeWillikers wrote:Seeing that Mercy Dante figure always makes me sad that I missed out on one.

Is Sariah an S23? If so it's nice to see that she is staying the new 'pinker' suntan - I've got one of these bodies on the way and got it earmarked for a pinkish GAC sculpt.

Is it my eyes, or is she non bubble-butted (as newer 23s now are) ?

EDIT: A closer look at the profile shots would suggest it's my eyes. Laughing

Sorry, honestly I don't know but perhaps one of the more knowledgeable members here might know?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum