OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:54 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
Aside from Forrest himself, Lt. Dan is definitely one of the more memorable characters from the film.
It took a lot of careful screen-grabbing and rewinding, but I think I managed to assemble a pretty good Lt. Dan.
After I completed the build, I took Dan outside and grabbed a couple shots.
forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor 35712945911_1931df38a1_c
forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor 35844809165_fb96717937_c
forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor 37268197181_5cfa947a56_c
forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor 37268193881_fe33b76be2_c
forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor 37012663090_03becfa0ca_c

#modern #military #forrestgump #male #film #custom #kitbash #outdoors #vietnam

2forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:59 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Funny, just before you posted these threads, I was thinking about Forrest Gump. I got a Tom Hanks head, but haven't done anything with it yet.

3forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:03 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
GubernatorFan wrote:Funny, just before you posted these threads, I was thinking about Forrest Gump. I got a Tom Hanks head, but haven't done anything with it yet.

Ooh man you should do one up!
I got lots of references, would be happy to help out.

4forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice job. Pretty cool Gary Sinese likeness. Cool outdoor shots.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor C8485110

5forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
PickleMunkey wrote:Ooh man you should do one up!
I got lots of references, would be happy to help out.

Thank you, I might take you up on that offer. The main reason I stay away from showing (and for the most part putting together) modern military figures, is because I will get plenty of stuff wrong, and will get called out on it. Which is not to say one can't learn from his mistakes, but I don't want to embarrass myself. Smile

You are under no obligation to stick to one forum or have everything on both, but I am slightly jealous at (especially) the water photos you posted on OSW.

6forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:10 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
GubernatorFan wrote:
Thank you, I might take you up on that offer. The main reason I stay away from showing (and for the most part putting together) modern military figures, is because I will get plenty of stuff wrong, and will get called out on it. Which is not to say one can't learn from his mistakes, but I don't want to embarrass myself. Smile

You are under no obligation to stick to one forum or have everything on both, but I am slightly jealous at (especially) the water photos you posted on OSW.

Oh I know man, no worries. Those outdoor ones are from a couple years ago, some from a couple of my very first outdoor shoots, too. Might do up a 'Greatest Hits' type thing for here Wink

7forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
PickleMunkey wrote:Oh I know man, no worries. Those outdoor ones are from a couple years ago, some from a couple of my very first outdoor shoots, too. Might do up a 'Greatest Hits' type thing for here Wink

Sweet. Looking forward to it.

8forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:40 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Another mighty fine job.

Loads of patience required for that build and it paid off.

9forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:53 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
dadrab wrote:Another mighty fine job.

Loads of patience required for that build and it paid off.
Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty pleased how Dan turned out, thankfully he didn't really have a lot in the way of helmet graffiti!

10forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
PickleMunkey wrote:Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty pleased how Dan turned out, thankfully he didn't really have a lot in the way of helmet graffiti!

The graffiti look like they turned out fine on all of them, but I am no expert.

11forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:59 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
GubernatorFan wrote:
PickleMunkey wrote:Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty pleased how Dan turned out, thankfully he didn't really have a lot in the way of helmet graffiti!

The graffiti look like they turned out fine on all of them, but I am no expert.

Thanks man. Bubba had the toughest graffiti of the bunch, that's for sure! Luckily Dan's was basic. An arrow on the back, and a Lt. Bar on front.

12forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:27 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Lt. Dan is superb.

Thank you for posting/sharing "the trio".

13forrestgump - Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Empty Re: Forrest Gump - Lt. Dan Taylor Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:38 pm

PickleMunkey

PickleMunkey
DeltaForceChung wrote:Lt. Dan is superb.

Thank you for posting/sharing "the trio".
My pleasure! Thanks for checking them out, glad you liked!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum