OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1/6 Wolfking Miyamoto Musashi from graphic novel 'Vagabond'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Finally got mine a few days ago after a long wait.
They should have matched the head and body color!  -20points for that..
I was going to swap out the body anyways  -with old Bruce Lee body.
Below is after body swap + neck color touch up.

1/6 Wolfking Miyamoto Musashi from graphic novel 'Vagabond'  43472857624_e143aa10af_cVagabond_02 by kyewans, on Flickr
1/6 Wolfking Miyamoto Musashi from graphic novel 'Vagabond'  43472857394_6f8b80bee2_cVagabond_02B by kyewans, on Flickr
1/6 Wolfking Miyamoto Musashi from graphic novel 'Vagabond'  30323794598_e6e0aa13ff_cVagabond_01 by kyewans, on Flickr

Comes with no wrist sculpted arms (Which is copy from JH Park's version) + 2 Katana (Long sword) and 1 Kodachi (Short sword) + Display base (DX version - copy of Lalla version)
I'll post more pics
I will do a hair mod and some weathering when I have time later.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks great, though I admit I am not familiar with the source material. But I'm sure you're nailing it.

For anyone unfamiliar:

"Miyamoto Musashi was a Japanese swordsman, philosopher, writer and rōnin. Musashi, as he was often simply known, became renowned through stories of his excellent and unique double-bladed swordsmanship and undefeated record in his 61 duels (next is 33 by Itō Ittōsai). He was the founder of the Niten-Ichi-Ryū-School or Nito-Ichi-ryū style of swordsmanship and in his final years authored The Book of Five Rings."

My favorite Musashi story is still:

"On April 13, 1612, Musashi (about age 30) fought his duel with Sasaki Kojirō, who was known as "The Demon of the Western Provinces" and who wielded a nodachi, the Japanese great sword. Musashi came late and unkempt to the appointed place — the island of Funajima, in the Kanmon Straits separating Honshū and Kyūshū. The duel was short. Musashi killed his opponent with a bokken that legend says he had carved from an oar used on the boat that carried him to the island.

Musashi's late arrival is controversial. Sasaki's outraged supporters thought it was dishonorable and disrespectful, while Musashi's supporters thought it was a fair way to unnerve his opponent. Another theory is that Musashi timed the hour of his arrival to match the turning of the tide. The tide carried him to the island. After his victory, Musashi immediately jumped back in his boat and his flight from Sasaki's vengeful allies was helped by the turning of the tide. Another theory states he waited for the sun to get in the right position. After he dodged a blow, Sasaki was blinded by the sun."

Vagabond is a comic book retelling of Musashi's life. There are definitely dramatic liberties taken, but there were apparently fictionalized stories being published during his lifetime, so it's hard to separate fact and fiction about him anyway. But it's a gorey good read, and the art is fantastic. Well worth picking up. I actually fell off reading it a few years back, but eventually need to get back to it. It's a long series, and still running, as far as I know.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for providing the background, ReverendSpooky. This was very informative. And for pointing out the beautiful and perfectly appropriate screen behind the figure. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m familiar with the the artwork from the comics, but I confess I’ve never read them. I did read The Book of Five Rings, ages ago, however. This figure looks pretty awesome, and as RS mentioned, true to the source.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

1/6 Wolfking Miyamoto Musashi from graphic novel 'Vagabond'  TCFITBi
View user profile
Thanks for the photo review and nice job on the improvements!   I have this guy on the way, too.  I had no idea he was a knock off of high end customs, but I love it.  It's going to make the previous Wolfking Musashi and Sasaki figures look outdated.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]