OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 40]

Peaches

@Stryker2011, thanks for the suggestion above for the coveralls on the FLAGSET Chinese Air Force female figure. I finally decided on the whole set hoping I could give the gun to Jayne, use the body, jumper and boots for the Kaylee I want to build and maybe I can find a home for the rest of it Smile still trying to choose the best head to represent her Smile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Glad I could help, Peaches. Hopefully it works out for you.

skywalkersaga

This is the most ridiculous and seemingly obvious thing, and yet somehow I cannot seem to find one.... and that is....

.....a female belt with an attached gun holster (on the figure's right hand side). Just a very basic, simple one (or several), either in plastic or faux leather.  I have found tons that are meant for male figures, but then I'm always concerned that the gun holster would look too large. And when I do find gun holsters for female characters, they are either strangely constructed so they don't hang directly from the belt, or they are those 'leg holsters'. I'm hoping to find something that will fit, or which can be altered to fit, around a female character's waist. It doesn't have to be super 'accurate', detailed, or realistic, as it's based on animated version of a character. The closest extant one to what I'm looking for is the Sideshow 'Snow Bunny' Padme's belt and holster (for reference).

Alternatively, I can easily construct a basic belt out of faux leather, and I already have a couple side ammo pouch thingies that would work on it as well. But I'm  wondering if there is something out there that I'm just missing, so I can avoid having to make the holster itself. (I've just spent the last week making some faux leather gear for a different figure, and like an idiot I forgot to wear gloves so I'm still trying to get the superglue off my fingers. ;p )

I realize this is such a silly thing to be asking after, but I have honestly failed to find something suitable. Perhaps there's a tbleague type accessory that I'm overlooking?

If not, I'm prepared to make one, but I have so many other things still to construct, that I'm trying to minimize the work load for myself, even just a little. Razz

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga, what type of rig exactly are you looking for? Here are a couple examples of ones that were made previously:

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 -2697410
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 161ts010
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 33021110
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 Cowgir10
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 Dam-gk10

The manufacturer name and some of the product names are in the photos. I'd Google the whole name and see if someone still has some loose.

Bear in mind. Guns don't change size just because of sex; at least they don't in real life. If you want your character to carry a specific gun, they should be the same size for either sex. No matter who you are, male or female, it's always best to get a firearm that you feel comfortable handling, and that will still get the job done -- whatever that may be. (The same thought process should be applied to your characters if you're aiming for a little more realism with your figures). A woman, for example, may not be able to handle a .44 Magnum, but a 9 mm Baretta might feel more comfortable -- smaller gun, smaller caliber -- a lot less recoil.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you, Stryker, those are all great examples! And I appreciate that you took the time to find all those visual references too, that's very helpful. Some of those 'cowgirl' style belts and holsters will come in especially handy for a different character I will be making, later on!

And you are absolutely right, I'm probably being ridiculous for worrying about the 'size', lol. But it was moreso because of the way the belt needs to be situated for the particular costume (on her waist rather than on her hips), and I was concerned that a holster that was too large or long (regardless of what gender of figure it was made for) might be a tad awkward looking.

Because it's for Star Wars figure (Padme, surprise surprise), the type of gun (blaster) is pretty much already established, and I guess the holster in question could either be of the type that contains the entire weapon, or more of a 'loop' design, depending on what is out there.

My previous effort was just modified Sideshow 'Snowbunny' Padme belt/holster, and I'm looking for something similar without having to purchase the whole figure. It's a very simple design, and I'm willing to make if need be, but I was just asking cause I'm currently feeling bit burnt-out on that score. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalker - PM sent.

And how about something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Toys-Star-Wars-ESB-Boba-Fett-DELUXE-MMS464-Pistol-Holster-loose-1-6th-scale/113371912841?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Df8ce64441efa40299c1dd711ee16fae9%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D392206150802%26itm%3D113371912841&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 C8485110

Peaches

Peaches
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can help me choose female bodies I'm thinking of using the new Phicen/TBleague S24 body for one character, and two others should be the same height (or smaller) and the forth should be taller. It would be best if the non-phicen bodies are available as small breasted and the tall one would be fantastic in a dark skin tone, meaning African or so Smile Thanks for help.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can help me choose female bodies  I'm thinking of using the new Phicen/TBleague S24 body for one character, and two others should be the same height (or smaller) and the forth should be taller.  It would be best if the non-phicen bodies are available as small breasted and the tall one would be fantastic in a dark skin tone, meaning African or so Smile  Thanks for help.

Finding a body (seamless or jointed) that is taller than the s24 should be no problem, but finding one that is the exact darker skin tone might be an issue. I have character whose chest and parts of her arms need to show who needs a certain skin tone that is not readily available in 1/6 scale, and at the moment I am having to resort to using an older style jointed body , like this one, which I plan to repaint in the areas where the skin will be visible.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TTL-CG-CY-Girl-1-6-Female-Small-Breast-Flexible-Body-12-1-0A-Figure/162150655770?hash=item25c0eea71a:g:gKEAAOSwAHBaAqM5:rk:11🇵🇫0

You could try the method of colouring tbleague skin with oil pastels as put forth by Ephiane in this thread, and that would potentially allow you to use a regular (taller) tbleague body for that and then just colour it, but I cannot speak personally to how it works, only what others have tried.

For the other two, I have a couple of the PopToys XING bodies (in various bust sizes), and I actually quite like them, though how useful they are depends completely on the type of character one wants to create. This body is listed as being '25 cm' (though I can't recall if that is with or without the headsculpt), but either way it is one of the shorter non-seamless bodies out there. (ETA: I just held a PopToys body up to my new s25b , which is the same height as the s24a, and the PopToys looks a similar height, maybe even a tad shorter, depending how it's standing and the footwear, etc.)

This body comes in two different versions. The first, is a jointed body with hard plastic limbs and a rubber torso. For some reason, this one is becoming harder to find, and I cannot find any US sellers who have it in stock. I have one in a mid bust and it is a very sturdy body, with strong joints, and good balance when standing on its own. It comes in suntan or pale, though skin tone on the suntan on the jointed body it is a bit tricky, and seems to be made to match Hot Toys and Hot Toys knock off heads, so I cannot say if it will match every single headsculpt out there (not an issue if you are repainting the sculpts).

Jointed PopToys XING body:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POPTOYS-1-6-XING-Series-Suntan-3-Breast-Flexible-Female-Body-Toy-92003-92004/323274113933?hash=item4b44a3838dⓂmGEmkJUdFl0dkZSiAJ5TH_A:rk:1🇵🇫0

ETA: For reference, here's a pic of the above (non-seamless) PopToys 'middle bust' in suntan skintone, paired with the knock-off Babydoll sculpt (head is just resting above it, I haven't actually affixed it yet, lol).  

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 Img_5511

The second type is the 'seamless arms and legs' version. This likewise is listed as 25 cm, and comes in both a suntan and pale skintone, and with the option of small, mid, and large busts. The suntan skintone on this one seems a little bit different than the suntan colour on the jointed body (i don't know for sure as I don't own one in that skintone yet). It's noted on the listings for this one that its mean to match more of the (suntan) headsculpts on the market, though I can't corroborate that. (Again, if you are repainting heads, it's not a huge deal, but as always proceed with measured expectations when it comes to finding exact matches for headsculpts and body skintones, lol.)

'Seamless' arms and legs PopToys XING body:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Style-1-6-Scale-POPTOYS-XING-Series-Female-Body-Figure-92005-Suntan-Color/272964958041?var=572171204189

My own experience in this stuff is still quite limited, so perhaps I have overlooked something, but hopefully this helps! Smile

blackpool

blackpool
I will post some pics of the poptoys bodies asap I just received a couple of them in small and medium breast sizes.

I really like the finishing, color, and accessories, the multiple ankle system is very useful to swap easily between peg shoes and barefeet, flat or arched. The only weakness is the knee articulation, I was expecting the elbow not to go further than 90° angle bend, but on the knee you can only go 75-80° angle, so even a simple sitting pose is not possible...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
blackpool wrote:I will post some pics of the poptoys bodies asap I just received a couple of them in small and medium breast sizes.

I really like the finishing, color, and accessories, the multiple ankle system is very useful to swap easily between peg shoes and barefeet, flat or arched. The only weakness is the knee articulation, I was expecting the elbow not to go further than 90° angle bend, but on the knee you can only go 75-80° angle, so even a simple sitting pose is not possible...

Thanks for your more detailed review --- I presume you are referring to the 'seamless arms and legs' version here, as the one with visible joints on the arms and legs (pictured above) sits just fine! : )

blackpool

blackpool
Yes sorry I was refering to the poptoys Xing seamless bodies with rubber arms and legs Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
blackpool wrote:Yes sorry I was refering to the poptoys Xing seamless bodies with rubber arms and legs Smile

Thanks for clarifying! Smile

ravrohan

I mostly finished my first figure, just having to wait for something to come in from China, and make a couple simple items myself, so I'm starting on a male figure now.  I'm going to go with Phicen M32 for the little extra height over the M33 I mention this in case size concerns are in question.  I'm looking for a white knee length coat.  Preferably leather(or leather-like.)  The only one I've seen is made by Dollsfigure, but I don't even know if they're making anything still, and I'm not spending over a hundred bucks for one I found on Amazon.  

Would anyone know where to find an alternative?  Or better yet that set in particular for a reasonable price?

The suit in question.

blackpool

blackpool
A white trench coat is gonna be quite a rare item, the only figures I remember wearing one are the damtoys "heart A billy" and the KFC leader bootleg (can't find back the manufacturer)

Peaches

Peaches
Thank you so much, @skywalkersaga, I was looking at the Poptoys bodies and saw some negative reviews, but I'm happy to hear you think they're good! I have to saying really like the way the hands and ankles look at the connections. The phicen bodies are beautiful, but the wrists bug me! LOL

Thank you also, @blackpool, knowing those limits, I will likely have to use the phicen body for one, as she moves like a dancer and curls up tightly, etc... But that isn't needed for the other, which would be fine on the poptoys body!

Are there any other tall non-Phicen female bodies that are as tall as the bigger Phicen? She only needs a nice neck/chest joint, everything else is covered and I would prefer to save money there

Peaches

Peaches
Is there a picture showing the size difference of these bodies next to each other?  I'm also trying to choose male bodies, ugh, too new to this to make good choices, LOL

OH, stupid me, after asking the question, I did a google search, LOL. Just had to think straight enough to know how to search. my mind just asks too specific a question and gets bad results, just needed size comparison Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:Is there a picture showing the size difference of these bodies next to each other?  I'm also trying to choose male bodies, ugh, too new to this to make good choices, LOL

OH, stupid me, after asking the question, I did a google search, LOL.  Just had to think straight enough to know how to search.  my mind just asks too specific a question and gets bad results, just needed size comparison Very Happy

It's ok! I had this same struggle for ages. If you need some specific pics or height comparisons, or need help with figuring out which bodies to use for specific (Firefly?) characters, feel free to me PM me. I may not have every single body out there, but I can definitely at least attempt to assist with the male vs. female height issues as I've been agonizing over this for MONTHS, lol.

ravrohan

Yeah, it gets a little confusing right at the start. I put off making my male character because the female was much easier to get started. I'm still going back and forth over a M32 or M33.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here's a couple comparison photos from eBay sellers that show comparison pics of the male TBLeague bodies; should give you a good idea of how they look (at least in comparison to each other):

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 S-l16108
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 S-l16107

ravrohan

Thanks for the reference pics Stryker Very Happy  

I considered using M36a at first, then decided I'd save that height for a different character and use 36b.  Seeing this now I'm considering M33 again for the height relation. >_< Rolling Eyes

edit: "I'm also more sure of things fitting the M33

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ravrohan wrote:I considered using M36a at first, then decided I'd save that height for a different character and use 36b.  Seeing this now I'm considering M33 again for the height relation. >_< Rolling Eyes
edit: "I'm also more sure of things fitting the M33

M36A and M36B are exactly the same height, build, and type, just different skintones (see review HERE).

Here are some comparison photos of some of these bodies with head sculpts, from my various reviews (at least the more recent ones, on this site; you can also check out my guest reviews of M30-M34 -- under the older brand name "Phicen" -- on Michael Crawford's site HERE). I will recommend you stay away from M31 for various reasons. Among the others, M32 and M33 should be the ones easiest to fit clothing, etc.

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 Tblbod10

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 M3589c10

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 7 M36b1210

Hope this helps.

ravrohan

Yep, thanks Smile the comparison to the female figures especially, since I have 21 w/suntan I wasn't sure how the heights compared.  I know about the M36's, my choice was based around being able to make use of different skin tone when creating a new character.  It's easier for visual distinction and some diversity.

Edit: Those reviews are great, thank you for the effort put in Smile

Peaches

Peaches
Those are all so awesome and helpful, thank you so much Smile.

Someone just lost, I think, an ankle extension in a shoe recently and can't get it out. It would be safest to consider it a permanent match up I'd think, just in case you try it, @ravrohan

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Why would you avoid the M31, Guv? I’d be more inclined to stay away from the M30, as it’s ridiculously short.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ravrohan wrote:Yep, thanks Smile the comparison to the female figures especially, since I have 21 w/suntan I wasn't sure how the heights compared.  ... Those reviews are great, thank you for the effort put in Smile

You are very welcome, glad you found them helpful! That's why I do them Smile

Peaches wrote:Those are all so awesome and helpful, thank you so much Smile.

You are very welcome, glad you found them helpful! That's why I do them Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:Why would you avoid the M31, Guv?  I’d be more inclined to stay away from the M30, as it’s ridiculously short.

M31 annoyed me on a number of grounds: first and worst, the wrist peg issue (pegs coming out of the lower arms when trying to yank off the hand sculpts and not being easily or effectively reparable) -- this was a fairly common issue with this figure, at least when it first came out; second, the poor body sculpt on the front (the back side -- all of it -- was admittedly well done); third, the poor appearance of the arms and especially elbows when bent; fourth (merely on principle) the incompleteness of the figure -- unlike the others it was a eunuch. I agree that in terms of height and color it is an improvement on M30. But especially if you want some variety, M30 is fine (it is not fine if that is the only seamless male body available, and that made it somewhat disappointing when it first came out). You can check out my guest review of these first two bodies on Michael Crawford's website HERE; keep in mind that at the time these were the only such bodies available and I was more positive about them than I am now that we have seen marked improvement.

Peaches

Peaches
Shoot @GuernatorFan , I was leaning toward the M31 over the M32 because of the chunkier legs and smother muscles looking more natural / more like Adam Baldwin when he played Jayne. I was thinking of using the M36, but it's way too tall considering he's only an inch taller than Nathan Fillion, and I'm building the crew off my Mal figure.

What do you think of the M32 vs M31?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Honestly, Peaches, I’d probably still go with the 31 if that’s the one you want to use. I get where the Guv is coming from, but unfortunately, aside from the legs being a bit disproportionate to the upper body, it’s the most realistically (non steroid abuse) built body of all of them. I kind of hope TBL comes back around to a physique like this (but with improvements).

Peaches

Peaches
Yah, as long as it doesn't tend to break, I can hide ugly folds in elbows I think?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The thing I’ve learned with these seamless bodies — don’t keep them in tight bends for any great length of time — any of them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum