OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 50]

ravrohan

Maybe, possibly, I'd like to dream, that somewhere someone has seen this for sale on its own?

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 14 31020698300_2180631de3_b

It's from the Vincent Valentine Play Arts Kai figure. Called Cerberus. I got my guns mixed up and bought another, which while cool, is a little larger than I thought it'd be.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Oops, sorry skywalkersaga I didn't realize I already got a response.  Yah, thinking on it, I've realized I better stick to BJDs on that project Very Happy  I really wish TBL would make a flat chested female as I would love for my River to be able to wear clothing like she did in the show.  Even the mid breast makes clothes hang wrong Sad  Or at least if they just let gravity have an effect on the body!  LOL.  As a female, these figures are just bizarre and cartoonish although I love the otherwise realism of the joints.  Hope they catch on Very Happy

This one’s pretty small-busted; they’re getting harder to find, as they came out a couple years ago, and I don’t think they were very popular:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TBLeague-Phicen-1-6-Scale-S17B-Suntan-Medium-Bust-Female-Girl-Body-12-Figures/323368752537?hash=item4b4a479599:g:wnoAAOSwuOpbVviZ

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I feel you on your frustrations on that score , Peaches!

I’m strongly considering attempting a bust reduction on a tbleague at some point, although I’m not exactly sure how to go about it...

Others have done it with an x-acto knife — but that can be tricky if you want it to still be smooth. I saw someone did it to update Furiosa/Charlize Theron, and all they did was wrap the bust tightly with self-sticking electrical tape. But, see the link I posted for Peaches. There’s a Pale version, as well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 14 C8485110

Peaches

Peaches
Yah, that's the body my Avatar is on Smile I like it, but it's too tall Sad

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, I really love that s17b body, but agree with Peaches that the height makes it an issue ... especially when trying to use alongside other figures , etc.

Sorry you are having such frustration with your River figure, Peaches. Sometimes I honestly just go ahead and use the ‘wrong’ body as a temporary stand-in until something better or more suitable becomes available. I had to do this for my various Padme’s, or they’d never get done.

ETA: meant to say thanks for bust reduction tips as well. I guess how well it would turn out would probably depend on how dramatic the reduction was. I think the easiest method would be to completely remove the bust and then either just pad it or reaffix once altered. At least, that’s prob how I’d approach it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ahh, the joys of plastic surgery on our dollies... Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 14 C8485110

Peaches

Peaches
You know, I might cut them off in the future if nobody makes anything. It's not like you can see them under the clothes, and if the dresses I'm making don't hang right, and look wrong, I'm not above ruining a + $65 object (eeek!!!) LOL. We'll see when I get some clothes done, how they look.

I found an Inara like Barbie outfit from the early 60's that fits my 25b body. It is in the style of, like something she would wear but not a duplication of one of her outfits. Dare I be so lazy? Of course!

A bit tight in the waist, but I did get it snapped closed with ... massaging, LOL and squeezing. Kind of a funny concept for dolls! Can't wait to get her head so I can take pictures with Mal

Peaches

Peaches
ravrohan wrote:Maybe, possibly, I'd like to dream, that somewhere someone has seen this for sale on its own?

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 14 31020698300_2180631de3_b

It's from the Vincent Valentine Play Arts Kai figure.  Called Cerberus.  I got my guns mixed up and bought another, which while cool, is a little larger than I thought it'd be.

I looked it up, and it seems like it's meant to be gigantic. Are you sure the size isn't correct?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:You know, I might cut them off in the future if nobody makes anything.  It's not like you can see them under the clothes, and if the dresses I'm making don't hang right, and look wrong, I'm not above ruining a + $65 object (eeek!!!)  LOL.  We'll see when I get some clothes done, how they look.  

I found an Inara like Barbie outfit from the early 60's that fits my 25b body.  It is in the style of, like something she would wear but not a duplication of one of her outfits.  Dare I be so lazy?  Of course!

A bit tight in the waist, but I did get it snapped closed with ... massaging, LOL and squeezing.  Kind of a funny concept for dolls!  Can't wait to get her head so I can take pictures with Mal

Ahahaha, that's a hilarious mental image. But also exciting....I can't wait to see! Very Happy

And I'm all for co-opting old vintage barbie gear... that top I used for Beth was a heavily altered vintage Ken doll shirt. Razz

I'm with you in strongly considering the tbleague boob-surgery at some point, lol. XD

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ravrohan

Peaches wrote:
ravrohan wrote:Maybe, possibly, I'd like to dream, that somewhere someone has seen this for sale on its own?

It's from the Vincent Valentine Play Arts Kai figure.  Called Cerberus.  I got my guns mixed up and bought another, which while cool, is a little larger than I thought it'd be.

I looked it up, and it seems like it's meant to be gigantic.  Are you sure the size isn't correct?  

I think so? If I found one I'd have to ask the retailer to be sure. I've seen two different Play Arts figures for this character, one is larger than the other, but I'm not sure what distinguishes them. It's meant to be a large handgun, but as long as it's not HUGE that's okay with me. I want something hefty while still possible to use one handed, as my lady has a weapon I bashed together that I like to much to not use in her other hand.

Peaches

Peaches
@ravrohan I know how you feel trying to make a saw'd off shotgun for my Zoe Very Happy It looks so huge! LOL.

OK, another ignorant question. My boys are all the same color so far, which is an actual dark tan / brown and I guess that will be my main starting point. However, one of my characters is a red/blond (I think he is a natural red) and I really need a lighter color than what they usually use for bodies. I don't mind repainting his head, do I need to repaint the body I have for him? or is there another lighter color out there please Very Happy ?? Thanks Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Are you using/wanting to use a seamless body for him, or are you not picky one way or another?

I have been wondering about paler male bodies as well — my husband is a ginger , and when I get ‘round to making our ‘mini me’s’, it would be good to know. ;p

Thus far, i thought perhaps the Jiaou pale body looked promising, though I don’t have experience with it yet myself. It’s hard to tell from the pics if it’s really even all that ‘pale’ or if it’s just a lighter suntan.

A lot of the jointed male bodies also seem to be made from rather darker ‘suntan’ coloured plastic , but I would be curious if there are any non-seamless male bodies in paler skin tones, as well.

Peaches

Peaches
I'm not picky, as he will wear long sleeves even Smile  In fact I prefer cheap Smile  I could just paint the body, but I'm not sure how to do it without having it flake on me.  Hopefully it'd work with a layer of primer of the sort used on models?  I still want all the characters to look like they are the same species though, LOL, so the model primer I have is a bit too pink I think to fit with the rest Razz

Shoot, I just realized that my Zoe body, who is supposed to be of African/Cuban decent, has the same coloring! Different from the other girls, but the same as the boys!  Looking at her when i got her, I thought she was perfect.  Dang, these boys are dark!  I guess I'll get used to it, and the photographs apparently look lighter, so maybe that's why they're made that way, but I think I need to darken Zoe up and lighten Wash, LOL  Crazy!

Another problem is I'm so used to these BJDs who are always super light.  Their tans are even lighter than these action figures, so I have to adjust my eye/mine to these colors Smile And pictures do wash everything out, so maybe this is a good thing Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Cheaper is understable, and I feel you. ;D

I would presume that any kind of acrylics would adhere to hard plastic just fine, so long as you used a primer first. A potential issue with painting jointed bodies is just making sure to be careful of the paint rubbing off at the joints. However, if his joints aren’t showing too much it probably isn’t a huge deal.

ETA: yeah, coming from a doll background , where repainting generally involves a lot of ‘blushing’, to have to do the opposite must be a bit of a mindf*ck. Razz

Peaches

Peaches
I agree Smile  I think I'll try just lightening the ginger up, leave everyone alone, and hope Zoe shows up as who she is via her face and hair if I can get them sculpted right Very Happy

Oh god I need to order bodies, so many heads coming soon.... I have clothes, heads, boots and no bodies! LOL

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Re: primers, so far I'm really pleased with the Vallejo polyurethane brush-on primers. They come in a variety of colours, and if you used a white primer and then white base-coat on the body, then you could use your doll-painting techniques to darken it up again, if that makes sense. : )

(I highly rec the Vallejo paints in general...the only thing about them that I'd avoid is the varnish at the end, and use something else like Liquitex or a spray-on in its place.)

Peaches

Peaches
Thanks @skywalkersaga , I like those paints as well. Today I modded Shepherd's head. Not finished, just started. Maybe tomorrow I'll do River's hair?? I've been so busy with annoying life and responsibilities, LOL

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aww, I understand. I cannot work on anything again yet for probably another few weeks, due to some difficult life situations atm. Always interested to see your progress on those, whichever members of the crew you're working on! : )

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Something I just remembered that I have been looking for for AGES.... and that is... spare Damtoys, or Damtoys-compatible, wrist pegs.

I could really do with some for a planned figure.... the pegs on the ones I have are a bit on the weaker side, and I don't want to keep taking the hands on and off them, but would still like to be able to change hands for certain poses and photoshoots. I haven't had a ton of luck finding these types of pegs on their own, but even just one extra pair would be majorly helpful. Any tips on where to find these  -- presuming they are even sold separately somewhere -- would be greatly appreciated! : )

scalawag

scalawag
skywalkersaga wrote:Something I just remembered that I have been looking for for AGES.... and that is... spare Damtoys, or Damtoys-compatible, wrist pegs.

I could really do with some for a planned figure.... the pegs on the ones I have are a bit on the weaker side, and I don't want to keep taking the hands on and off them, but would still like to be able to change hands for certain poses and photoshoots. I haven't had a ton of luck finding these types of pegs on their own, but even just one extra pair would be majorly helpful. Any tips on where to find these  -- presuming they are even sold separately somewhere -- would be greatly appreciated! : )

If you could post up a pic of the particular pegs you are after, I will have a look through what I have spare. If I have any you are welcome to have some.

Sorry I an not conversant enough to know one peg from another without a reference lol.

Paul

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
If you mean the usual ones, the DAM wrist pegs are the same as the Soldier Story wrist pegs. So look on eBay for parted out DAM or Soldier Story wrist pegs (they might come in more than one color, so they might say "dark" or "light" or something like that. Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety and Black Ops Toys typically have this sort of stuff parted out, but they are in the States, so that might pose a minor hurdle or delay for some non-US customers.

Update: Black Ops Toys has them for $5 on their own website and for $6 per pair on their eBay listings:
https://www.blackopstoys.com/products/pair-of-wrist-pegs
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-scale-Dam-Toys-German-KSK-Assaulter-Wrist-Pins-x2/352297005531?epid=27014885919&hash=item520689b1db:g:urQAAOSwDgJcSLrF
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Toy-BODY-Male-Wrist-Pegs-x2/392216427629?hash=item5b51ebbc6d:g:FwMAAOSwckVcPncH

blackpool

blackpool
I think I have a pair from the only DAM body I've ever bought, I can send them to you if you need

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum