OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

GeeWillikers

GianToy now has this listed as... in-stock!!!! Shocked

And just when I have no spare cash!

Rogerbee

Founding Father

At least it's out! Maybe they're owned by Kimi Raikkonen, that guy is so laid back he's practically horizontal!

"Say, Kimi, when's this out!?"

"Oh, sometime, maybe......"

CHEERS!

GeeWillikers

Bumping this one again, these are finally out but slow to reach suppliers according to my source.

Meanwhile However Kimi have put up some in-hand photos on their FB page:

KimiToyz - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 2 64750996_2837248236302164_838046538625187840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQlD3GhAgN3rk5kLo3M5tGg3wsX2RFyuLIiIkVLTUz1TRpdxlcRQUGM7hosD0L-YqAk&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1

KimiToyz - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 2 64565183_2837248222968832_3054083040104939520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQmBciP0QA-76xALDHDnS1himWY4ih8l9ML2OCAb8t7uP455WQgXNUer8KdVHDAgDz0&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1

Not sure about the colour match - looks a little yellowish to me, but I'll know for sure if I ever receive the one I've ordered.  Smile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I’d be equally concerned about the mis-matched eyes. Very Happy

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ha, yeah, especially if they've chosen the best of the batch to photograph!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Are the eyes really that badly mismatched? Is it the pupils that are sort of off?

(Lol, I guess *my* eyes must be bad .... )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
There are worse out there (in real life as well as in 1:6), and it's more noticeable in the first pic than in the second - so anglature, and possibly also lighting might come into it. TBL's Fighter Woman sculpt is worse, come to think of it, but in that case it makes it somehow more attractive.

The skin tone is a bigger worry for me - ain't no TBL body that colour, so hopefully that's also down to the lighting.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hopefully it's just really poor lighting.

This was the first 'in hand' pic I saw of it, and it didn't seem too bad. But it's also not a close-up shot, so who knows...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIMI-KT012-1-6-European-and-American-Female-Headsculpt-For-PH-VERYCOOL-TTL-Body/223567173361?hash=item340da456f1:g:8HMAAOSwPp5dFF0b

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looks better in those pics,

I just hope that someone gets one and shoots some decent pics on a body. We will see...

CHEERS!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ah yeah, that looks a lot better, thanks skywalker. It might even match a pale TBL body if that's anything to go by.

I've got one of these on order again, so it's just a matter of waiting to find out.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
No problem! Fingers crossed for those who have already ordered it...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
IRATE UPDATE:

Well, who knows when (or even if) I'll get one of these now, as although they're now in stock and widely-available with many retailers, the guy I've ordered one from is still insisting it's not been released yet (obviously purely because he hasn't got any in yet).

So I'm now embroiled in an undignified email tussle to get a refund from him so that I can actually buy it from someone else. After sending him various in-hand pics to prove that other retailers are actually selling it he still insists they don't show this sculpt. I tried the old 'different promo pic/lighting/monitors/camera angles' trick that sellers are so fond of excusing themselves with to explain to him why it doesn't look right to him, but for some unfathomable reason it doesn't seem to be working the other way round. Smile

Silly of him really, because all this hassle only means I'll be determined to never buy anything from him ever again. It's also making me think twice about buying this at all, because frankly it's not that special.

[/just venting] Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Eep, that sounds unnecessarily frustrating! Good luck!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hmm, that doesn’t sound right. Hope it gets resolved.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

KimiToyz - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 2 C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
just another Doll Face, give me a mean one

shazzdan

shazzdan
Stryker2011 wrote:I’d be equally concerned about the mis-matched eyes. Very Happy

Nobody has a symmetrical face. Everyone has mismatched eyes.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I’d be equally concerned about the mis-matched eyes. Very Happy

Nobody has a symmetrical face. Everyone has mismatched eyes.

True, but it’s not as noticeable on most people.

KimiToyz - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 2 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
So this has finally turned up on my doormat completely unannounced and unexpected, after a two-month 'intense legal debate' with both eBay and the seller. I was demanding a refund and compensation by this point, but here 'tis.

And it's... OK. It's attractive enough but then I don't know how much my view of it has been soured by all the rigmarole involved in getting it, so my opinion of it may improve.

On the plus side, it's complexion is considerably less sallow in-hand than on the pics posted above, so that's good.  The eyes on this one are OK but I'm on the fence about that pinched little mouth, though. I've got it resting on a spare 23B for the moment, but it'll probably look fine on a pale body too.

As ever, judge for yourselves:

KimiToyz - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 2 DSCN7413a

KimiToyz - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 2 DSCN7412a

Natural daylight

KimiToyz - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 2 DSCN7419a

KimiToyz - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 2 DSCN7416a

KimiToyz - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 2 DSCN7417a

Flash

Basically: In reality and photographed in natural daylight, it looks good on a TBL suntan, but for flash photography, probably best to go for a pale one.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks quite good, from what I can see.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Not bad; under flash I agree a pale body might be a better choice.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
When this sculpt was released, I have to admit I was not very impressed by it. Especially since the other Kimi sculpts have generally been a lot nicer in comparison. But today I randomly came across it while looking up one of my favourite Russian doll artists, and I was reminded of just how much of a difference a quality repaint can make:

KimiToyz - NEW PRODUCT: Kimi Toyz 1:6 European and American Female Headsculpt [KT-012] - Page 2 Shcwzj10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, what a difference! Beautiful repaint for sure.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for showing this. I alway like to look at good repaints, rooting etc. Shows you what is possible.

I wish I could do eyes like these

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes -- I think many 1/6 sculpts are actually quite realistic, but are let down by the factory paint job. It's nice to see that potential brought out more.

And Valiarde, I agree, the eyes are gorgeous.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
That’s an absolutely beautiful repaint. The odd thing is that I wouldn’t have found much fault in the original paint work without seeing them side by side. Like Valiarde said, it really opens your eyes to what’s possible.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. That’s a gorgeous repaint.

Diana

Diana
I do like this sculpt a lot as it is (even though I have no use for it due to its softness) but that repaint is stunning! Thank you for sharing this! 

Closing the lips by lightening that dark line between her lips makes a big difference, too! And those eyes...

csyeung

csyeung
Fantastic repaint! I just ordered some paints and hopefully take another stab at painting heads. My first attempt was a learning experience. I used regular acrylic paints which tended to go on too thick. Partially my own impatience. Far away it looks ok, but close up you can see all it's imperfections. Gonna crack out my airbrush too, hope my compressor still works! It's all a experimentation and I always find it's another avenue to enjoy the hobby besides just collecting the figures. That's why I love this forum. So many ideas you can get! Thanks for sharing skywalker!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum