OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product Includes:

Head carvings *1
Body *1
Shoulder armour *2
Upper leg armor *2
Leg guard *2
Shoes *2
Hand type *4
Inner liner lock nail head cover *1
Lined armour *1
Inner liner *1
Trousers *1
Great sword *1
Long sword *1
Anterior chest armor *1
Posterior chest armor *1
Helmet *1
Neck prtotection *1
War flag *1
Shield *1

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 137
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 237
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 337
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 435
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 536
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 635
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 734
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 832
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 931
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 1030
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 1128
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 1227
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 1323
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 1423
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 1521
fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 1621

#newproduct #SGToys #LadyCrownKnight #female #Knight #fantasy #accessories

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The historian in me shudders in horror, but I am sure a fantasy creation like this is plenty of collectors' cup of tea. Still bracing for shazzdan's tirade on the breastplate, among other things. Smile

Delanie

Delanie
I do wonder if history and society had been different as in more fantasy than 'fact', some of which i would debate, women had been allowed to fight or a more 'Amazonian' society had developed whether more tailored armour would have been invented or used.

I used to have hours of 'fun' debating things like this and how Siri and Gerolt could not possibly draw their swords from their back!

brazybear

brazybear
I like it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ She'll look great alongside the Joan of Arc and the latest Lucifer figures. I love these fully-armored female figures, especially the sexy/form-fitting ones.

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Actually the Joan of Arc looks pretty historically accurate (or rather possible), and placing it by a more fantasy figure could make either look like it doesn't belong -- but that's just how I see it. That said, there are various fantasy knight figures, with which this will probably work fine.

Delanie

Delanie
I've just looked at the pictures again and I hope they paint the helm better on the actual release its either very bad moulding or they were 'dragging' the paint terribly with a brush

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Not bad, needs a lot of weathering and possibly a better sculpt.

CHEERS!

Skippy

Every time I see this type of 'contoured' female armour, I'm reminded of this article:

https://kotaku.com/5868925/the-problem-with-womens-armor-according-to-a-man-who-makes-armor

The Problem With Women's Armor, According to a Man Who Makes Armor

Stephen Totilo
12/16/11 5:00pm

Ryan, aka "Jabberwock" makes armor. He therefore knows more about armor than I do and maybe more than you do.

He has noticed, as you might have, that the armor that some female characters wear in video games, comics and movies is ridiculous. Some of it is not.

Well, what can he tell us about ladies' armor, both the real kind and the glorified tinsel that we see in some of the world's most popular fantasy fiction?

One lesson: we should barely be able to tell the difference between the shape of functional men's armor and functional women's armor.

Plate armor is the way it is largely out of necessity. The layout and articulations of the plates are the best solutions the designers could come up with to balance mobility with protection. Also, note that nobody was naked under their armor. There was a ton of padding between the metal and the flesh that absorbed the energy of the blows. That means the difference between male and female plate armor is relatively trivial because once you've padded it out and left space for movement, you've all but erased the figure of the person inside.

fantasy - NEW PRODUCT: [SGT-EK001] SGTOYS Lady Crown Knight 1:6 Boxed Figure 18j116ovgtqgpjpg

Another lesson: the so-called boob plate can be made (Ryan made the one pictured here), but it would be dangerous to wear in battle.

That there, that is a boob plate. I made that one. The woman in the photo asked for it to be like that. She fights in it. I worry constantly that she's going to fall hard and it will crack her sternum, even with the padding. Note also that it seems almost perfectly designed to guide sword points and arrows into her heart. They still have to penetrate the armor but, honestly, that's a design flaw. However, it looks good and makes her feel sexy and badass at the same time. That's important too.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Yeah, I can see armour being designed more for function than form.

CHEERS!

brazybear

brazybear
I wonder if Phicen will do a fully armored female figure. Maybe they'll do a Majestic Crusader 2.0 and make up for that horrible silver body suit with small armor pieces that tried to pass as full armor...

She's brushing her hair aside, NOT punching herself in the face Laughing

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Defeats the object really, having a seamless body only to completely cover it up. I could sort of understand it with say a tight bodysuit but no more than that. Never say never though, there may be sectors of the market they'd be keen to milk.

CHEERS!

agentghost

agentghost
anyone picked this up with on hand photo?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum