OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Product includes:
one(1) 1/6 simulation head carving
one(1) Movable entity
six(6) Pieces of Interchangeable Palms
one(1) Red jacket
one(1) Brown pants
one(1) Red cloak
one(1) Red scarf
one(1) Brown wristband
one(1) Sundries bag
one(1) Marching backpack
one(1) blanket
one(1) belt
one(1) Shoes
one(1) helmet(metal)
one(1) armor(metal)
one(1) pauldrons(metal)
one(1) Arm guard(metal)
one(1) Long sword(metal)
one(1) dagger(metal)
one(1) Shield
one(1) Long gun(metal)
one(1) kettle(metal)
one(1) pot(metal)
one(1) ladle(metal)
one(1) ax(metal)
one(1) Round platform

NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 138
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 238
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 338
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 436
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 537
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 636
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 735
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 833
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 932
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 1031
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 1129
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 1228
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 1324
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 1424
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 1522
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 1622
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 1719
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 1818
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 1918
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 2017
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 2116
NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 2216

#newproduct #HHModel #HaoYuToys #ImperialRoman #Army #historical #military #male #Infantry

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice legionary figure overall. I do hope the design on the shield is just painted, not in "relief." The arm armor looks a bit suspect to me, although it was worn by a type of gladiator.

Skippy

The left arm is actually far more suspect than the right. Seems to be a 'Hollywood' invention to give bracers to Romans

The manica on his right arm was extra armour seen in depictions of the Dacian Wars (early 2nd Century AD). Though the armour on the figure is maybe more gladiatorial in design as it doesn't cover much of the inner arm.

NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 765px-AdamclisiMetope37

At this time, though, the legionaries were also depicted wearing helmets with extra strengthening - a cross piece over the crown. That's something that Kaustic Plastik addressed with their Dacian Wars legionary.

It's believed that all this extra protection was in response to the devastating Dacian weapon, the falx:

NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry 800px-AdamclisiMetope34

I was tempted to say that the marching pack was a recast of KP's, but a quick look at my KP figure shows differences.

The rest is very likely a recast of ACI, which I think this company has a history of. The helmet shares ACI's crest attachments, and the breastplates have the same two extraneous rivets that ACI replicated from Indian made 1:1 re-enacting armour.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
I am REALLY liking this. I’ve been waiting on a complete figure like this, with the Corbridge lorica segmentata and marching pack as I missed the kaustic one those few years back. I’ll be looking to get multiples to build a little squad up. Will most probs lay lose the armour on the arm, and the bracer, but the rest looks really good to me. I love the fact they have made him complete with the marching pack too. I love KP but I cannot do the dioramas with those, as I find them too fragile and every one I have had, has pretty much had bits fall to pieces in my hands...mainly the belts with the gold bits on them. So I leave the one I have left as a statue, and gave up on my idea of a diorama with them....until now!

I visit Corbridge, Vindolanda and drive alongside Hadrians Wall quite often. Will definitely, once I have received these, get photo shoot with them at those sites. Hahaha

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

Skippy

lurpdog101 wrote:I am REALLY liking this. I’ve been waiting on a complete figure like this, with the Corbridge lorica segmentata and marching pack as I missed the kaustic one those few years back. I’ll be looking to get multiples to build a little squad up. Will most probs lay lose the armour on the arm, and the bracer, but the rest looks really good to me. I love the fact they have made him complete with the marching pack too. I love KP but I cannot do the dioramas with those, as I find them too fragile and every one I have had, has pretty much had bits fall to pieces in my hands...mainly the belts with the gold bits on them. So I leave the one I have left as a statue, and gave up on my idea of a diorama with them....until now!

I visit Corbridge, Vindolanda and drive alongside Hadrians Wall quite often. Will definitely, once I have received these, get photo shoot with them at those sites. Hahaha

This one's not particularly cheap though. OSK has him listed at $219 (£170). The latest KPs I ordered were only $150, though they don't come with as much.

I could do without the marching pack, as my KP version is only stood at the edge of the cabinet with the kit hanging on it.

The problem KP had was the fatal combination of cheap Chinese glue on leather. I found it best to superglue the pieces on before starting assembly.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Asta wrote:This one's not particularly cheap though. OSK has him listed at $219 (£170). The latest KPs I ordered were only $150, though they don't come with as much.

I could do without the marching pack, as my KP version is only stood at the edge of the cabinet with the kit hanging on it.

The problem KP had was the fatal combination of cheap Chinese glue on leather. I found it best to superglue the pieces on before starting assembly.

Yeah he is a bit more expensive. But as you said, you do get more with him. Monkey Depot has him at $199 and Ekia Hobbies at $192, so OSK is a bit expensive there. The diorama I have planned would see them on march etc, so the packs would be good, although I do have a couple of spare KP ones.

Ah thanks for that...yes it was the glue, as those pieces just fell off in my hand as soon as I took the figure out the box, which is disappointing on a figure you just paid out for! I will try that!

Skippy

lurpdog101 wrote:Yeah he is a bit more expensive. But as you said, you do get more with him. Monkey Depot has him at $199 and Ekia Hobbies at $192, so OSK is a bit expensive there. The diorama I have planned would see them on march etc, so the packs would be good, although I do have a couple of spare KP ones.

Ah thanks for that...yes it was the glue, as those pieces just fell off in my hand as soon as I took the figure out the box, which is disappointing on a figure you just paid out for! I will try that!

Don't know if Ekia and Monkey Depot charge extra for shipping, but with Kit it's included in the list price. I tend not to get charged customs and Royal Mail admin fees with deliveries from Hong Kong. But when I've ordered from the US the risk has always been higher.

I remember after I spent ages setting up my first KP figures, which must've been the Centurion and the Dacian Wars legionary, I was annoyed to find the plates falling off the belt. Sad I was ready to throw in the towel and not order any more of KP's figures!

After that I knew to get everything firmly stuck before I start setting the figures up.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Good catch, Asta -- I either didn't know about this relief and its testimony or had forgotten all about it. Yes, bracers are pretty suspect on most kinds of historical warrior figures. Funny you should mention the 1:1 Indian replicas of lorica segmentata--I own one. The marching kit reminds me of something Ignite had done with one of their Roman legionaries -- although (if memory serves me right) he was specifically in marching gear rather than fully kitted up for military action.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Now he looks rather nice!

CHEERS!

Skippy

KG Hobby have just listed him at $172 (plus $31 delivery to the UK or $24 to the US).

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Not bad for what you get.

CHEERS!

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
yeah. I was thinking it's honestly not a bad price for what you get. Some of what is put out there for more money - this guy comes with a lot of accessories, and the armour and weaponry all metal too.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I'm not up on my Roman uniforms, but this would make a pretty cool Marc Antony (all you history buffs can shoot me down if not).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: [HY-HH18001] HH model X HaoYu Toys 1:6 Imperial Roman Army Reloaded Infantry C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I'm not up on my Roman uniforms, but this would make a pretty cool Marc Antony (all you history buffs can shoot me down if not).

I'll be gentle, before someone mauls you... that type of armor (lorica segmentata), which we tend to think of as iconic, is believed to have come into use a few decades after (the) Mark Antony. It is heavily represented on Trajan's Column from the 110s, which is a major source of information on Roman military equipment, and hence its iconic status in our eyes.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
GubernatorFan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:I'm not up on my Roman uniforms, but this would make a pretty cool Marc Antony (all you history buffs can shoot me down if not).

I'll be gentle, before someone mauls you... that type of armor (lorica segmentata), which we tend to think of as ironic, is believed to have come into use a few decades after (the) Mark Antony. It is heavily represented on Trajan's Column from the 110s, which is a major source of information on Roman military equipment, and hence its iconic status in our eyes.

out of interest....why ironic? Curious to know

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
lurpdog101 wrote:out of interest....why ironic? Curious to know

Oops, typo... was supposed to say iconic.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Ah got ya lol. I thought was a bit strange hahaha.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum