OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Product Review: Super Duck 2B Set Review and TF Toys Comparison

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Adeno

Pros: Beautiful 2B face, nearly accurate hairstyle, vibrant white design, cleaner decors, posable wired skirt, zipper on side of costume for easier time putting on costume, beautifully designed swords!

Cons: Boots incompatible with TBLeague/Phicen bodies that have removable feet and was never mentioned in the marketing material, the stocking's color became flesh and not black, swords are made of fragile material.

Full Review and Comparison Here

productreview - Product Review: Super Duck 2B Set Review and TF Toys Comparison 19-model

productreview - Product Review: Super Duck 2B Set Review and TF Toys Comparison 21-model

productreview - Product Review: Super Duck 2B Set Review and TF Toys Comparison 27-theend

#productreview #superduck #clothing #female

brassco

brassco
Very detailed comparison with each figure of the same model. I was wondering if there is any staining problem from the black material...The TF face is more assassin looking.

Is the mask a pain to put on? haha

Adeno

brassco wrote:Very detailed comparison with each figure of the same model. I was wondering if there is any staining problem from the black material...The TF face is more assassin looking.

Is the mask a pain to put on? haha

Thanks!

Yeah, the shape of the TF Toys version is closer to the character, but the Super Duck version also comes very close. The character 2B is sometimes depicted as being a straight on anime character in some of the official art sketches with a very pointy chin, but the game renders of the actual character are also very similar to the Super Duck version where it's more rounded. So I guess both versions are "correct" in a way, depending on which source somebody prefers.

productreview - Product Review: Super Duck 2B Set Review and TF Toys Comparison Nier-755x425

productreview - Product Review: Super Duck 2B Set Review and TF Toys Comparison TZb7BCx

Oh the black stockings of the TF Toys definitely has a staining issue! I had to rinse it and leave it in laundry detergent filled water for 2 days before it became safe to wear. Unfortunately there was one problem that I forgot to consider, the leather boots! I think it's called "P"leather or something like that, but it also stained the legs of the TF 2B, specifically the ball joint socket area and the place where the mouth of the boots ended. I'm not sure if it's safe to wash these "P"leather boots with laundry detergent because from my previous experience when I had an Enterbay Elvis Presley, his jacket made of the same material seemed to get torn quickly.

Super Duck seems safe right now, the main costume doesn't seem to stain the body. The TF Toys version is also the same, the main costume is safe. If there's something that would stain in the Super Duck set, I would imagine it's the "P"leather boots, just like the TF Toys version because they're the same material. The problem really is with the black stockings and the black sleeves from the TF Toys, and I assume the black strange reverse-Borat underwear as well.

For the mask, the TF Toys version was easy. Instead of going from the top of the head and down, I made the mask/blindfold/"goggles" (apparently in the game it's some kind of techno-visor lol! I forgot!) went from the base of the head and wrapped it around her ears. The hard one was for the Super Duck! I was scared of pulling the elastic band of the thing for fear of snapping it and it's very tiny, but I did so anyway. After a few minutes, it eventually worked! I had to pre-stretch the thing a few times before it got a bit loose.

Oh yeah, the Nier Automata concert was awesome! Love the music!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very thorough review. Thanks for posting. I’m waiting on the version without the skirt myself.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

productreview - Product Review: Super Duck 2B Set Review and TF Toys Comparison C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review and the info and photos you have posted here. The product itself seems a little too anime (?) for my personal taste, but it does look like a cool product and at any rate I know that it takes effort to take, edit, and upload photos and post them with your commentary, so I appreciate your efforts. Thanks again!

Adeno

Thanks everyone Smile

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Thanks for this comparison! I'm not familiar with the character but I've been looking at the Super Duck set on-line. They also make another set that includes the head and a different outfit that includes some sort of small robot.

I do have a question; how is it the Super Duck boots will accommodate only the Phicen squishy feet and not the removable feet?

Adeno

onesixthwarrior wrote:Thanks for this comparison! I'm not familiar with the character but I've been looking at the Super Duck set on-line. They also make another set that includes the head and a different outfit that includes some sort of small robot.

I do have a question; how is it the Super Duck boots will accommodate only the Phicen squishy feet and not the removable feet?

You're welcome! The solid feet size is a lot bigger than the normal squishy feet. The mouth of the boots are too narrow for the solid feet. The shape of the boots itself is also narrow, when I tried making the solid feet go in, it would just stop at the mouth of the boot.

productreview - Product Review: Super Duck 2B Set Review and TF Toys Comparison Cu0ded5

productreview - Product Review: Super Duck 2B Set Review and TF Toys Comparison SqSWD2l

productreview - Product Review: Super Duck 2B Set Review and TF Toys Comparison 4mwZFpI

productreview - Product Review: Super Duck 2B Set Review and TF Toys Comparison 9x2ztyQ

Allotropos

Allotropos
what an enjoyable review and sad that it takes 2 companies to put together 1 accurate figure !
thanks for sharing Adeno !

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
Thanks for the additional photos!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Great review! Haven't played the game (I went Xbox One instead of PS4, and games like Nier make me question that decision) but I love the character designs and look of it. Frustrating that you have to pull from both sets to get something that works, but the result is a pretty stunning figure.

dadrab

dadrab
Not being a gamer of any shape or fashion, I have no idea about the character. I do rather like the set, though, especially the sculpt. Mighty nice.

Many thanks to Adeno for the review. Job well done.

blackpool

blackpool
I keep seeing superb shots of this character, not familiar at all with the game but I must admit this lady looks badass! Thanks for all the infos and comparison!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum