OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Empty Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Delanie

Delanie
Hi guys,

I have just received my Gimli from Asmus by way of Amazon (don't ask i had a voucher I had to use)

I seen to be having a few problems with him and need advice.

1) his neck armature pops out of his body when i try to change his head , to put the cloak on.

2) where in the heck am I supposed to place all his axes? the 2 bladed one goes on his back right? the small ones go on his left hand side in the plastic loops , single bladed hand axe goes on his right but where does his single bladed loch Arber axe go?

3) see 2 the plastic loops on the left seem too small to take the hafts in fact i may have broken one trying and that was with my hair dryer to stretch them. so have i got the placement wrong?

4) does the helmet strap go under his chin or behind his head under his hair?

over all i quite like the figure but I'm just confused ? he is now on the shelf with my girls and im off to my friends house i fully expect him to have been murdered by them by the time i get back. Zhan , my Dragon lady has already knocked him flat once tonight!

so as usual any help would be welcome

Ps Stumpy is what Zhan called him shortly before he was found on his back (no disrespect intended to those of small staure my best friend is actually over 12" shorter than me and i'm 5'11")

2Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Empty Re: Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmm... these are questions for Shovelchop in principle. Did you look at Michael Crawford's review of the figure? It might give you some ideas.

3Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Empty Re: Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:50 am

blackpool

blackpool
here is the review by michael crawford, I think it answers most questions...

GIMLI review MCToys

apparently the strap goes behind his beard, under his chin. The small axes goes together in the same loop on his left side, the medium one seems to go on the right side, the largest in the back, michael mentions some metal loops to hold them in various ways, but I couldn't see them on pictures...

4Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Empty Re: Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:31 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
The single curved blade long axe is called a 'walking axe', so like Gandalf's staff or Bilbo's walking stick he will use it mostly in his hands or hand depending whether he is running or walking.

5Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Empty Re: Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:48 pm

Delanie

Delanie
thanks guys and shovel that is an interesting idea. what im more concerned with though is how are his throwing axes supposed to fit into the left side holder it seems to have 2 slots but only one has a smooth haft and i don't want to force them in incase i break it. i think 1 side has split.

on another note how the heck does he carry so many uncovered sharp blades without doing himself an injury. added to that that axe on his back and his long pony tail i have enough problems with my hair and my shoulder bag catching under the strap how come he doesn't cut it?

6Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Empty Re: Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:35 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Delanie wrote:thanks guys and shovel that is an interesting idea. what im more concerned with though is how are his throwing axes supposed to fit into the left side holder it seems to have 2 slots but only one has a smooth haft and i don't want to force them in incase i break it. i think 1 side has split.

on another note how the heck does he carry so many uncovered sharp blades without doing himself an injury. added to that that axe on his back and his long pony tail i have enough problems with my hair and my shoulder bag catching under the strap how come he doesn't cut it?

Gimli is wearing very effective mail armour that is then covered by a thick leather armour with metal scale armour as well.
Axes are heavy durable weapons that are not highly sharpened like razors or swords with a slicing edge like a Shasmir, I've been collecting 1:1 weapons for 30 years and own over a 100 swords and axes. As for where to place his throwing axes, just do a google image search of the figure to find out.
The walking axe is not a theory by the way Wink

Asmus Gimli aka Stumpy the Dwarf! Walking-axe-of-gimli-limited-edition

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum