OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fantastic Beasts Newt Scamander sixth scale figure review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

michael crawford

Tonight I'm checking out one of the nicest Star Ace releases in awhile - Newt Scamander from Fantastic Beasts!  He's not quite Dumbledore good, but he can certainly hold his own with most other figures in the category. You can find my review here:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-040918a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

StarAce - Fantastic Beasts Newt Scamander sixth scale figure review Review_newt_13

#productreview #starace #harrypotter #male #film #fantasticbeasts

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the review. It does look considerably better than many of their recent offerings.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarAce - Fantastic Beasts Newt Scamander sixth scale figure review C8485110

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for the review. It does look considerably better than many of their recent offerings.

--

I believe you're being overly generous with that perspective.

I believe STAR ACE have failed more often than actually succeeding and not by much in terms of "success".

Their offerings supposedly show potential with the prototypes, but still flawed. The final production design and quality tends to be underwhelming and honestly none of their offerings are nowhere near a home run.

STAR ACE is an example of high profile offerings done with consistent mediocrity like THREEZERO, but I digress.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh, I didn’t say it was a home run, but it is a better product than what they’ve been putting out. Their recent Hermione being an absolute travesty, along with Queen Gorgo, Selene, and the yet to be released Artemisia.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarAce - Fantastic Beasts Newt Scamander sixth scale figure review C8485110

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Stryker2011 wrote:Oh, I didn’t say it was a home run, but it is a better product than what they’ve been putting out. Their recent Hermione being an absolute travesty, along with Queen Gorgo, Selene, and the yet to be released Artemisia.

--

I know.

Characters a lot of us wanted to be right in 1:6.

Of course STAR ACE proved that they cannot do female characters right (i.e. Selene, Marilyn Monroe, etc.).

The third-party Artemisia (however flawed) looks to be a better offering compared to STAR ACE in terms of price (i.e. what you get for the $).

StarAce - Fantastic Beasts Newt Scamander sixth scale figure review Astoys10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you, Michael, for another great, detailed, and beautifully illustrated review. Disclaimer: anything Harry Potter is not my cup of tea by any stretch of the imagination, although I would confess that the film with the relatively grown up Redmayne was a lot more watchable for me than those earlier kid movies. Why did I see the movie? It was on HBO and there were no commercial interruptions. I'd watch pretty much anything that way. Wink

I think that in most respects this works great visually. Although I am not comparing to actual photos of the actor, it seems to me that they got the features pretty much spot on and, as Michael asserted, he is instantly recognizable. More so than some of their other offerings. I see the point about the separate head and neck in some of the photos, but then again I will take a separate head over the alternative anytime, so if I were going to get this figure, I would actually like that feature. I agree that the ankle articulation being restricted is disappointing, although the boots do look nicely sculpted. From what I see in the review and photos, the most disappointing thing is that hair. It is not finely sculpted enough for one thing, and it arguably impossible to expect it done well in plastic. That said, I'd imagine getting it right with rooted hair would have required tons of product and futzing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum