OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review Empty Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:31 pm

michael crawford

I'm a little behind on tonight's review, but I like him too much to skip him. I'm checking out the Praetorian Guard (Heavy Blade version), and I promise to get to his cousin soon as well! You can find mey review here:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-100818a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review Review_praeguar1_11

2Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review Empty Re: Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
i didn’t make it half way thru that horrible movie, so I never got to see these guys in action. They sort of look cool, but I think I’m done with Star Wars in its current state (well, since the Prequels really).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review C8485110

3Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review Empty Re: Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the great review and beautiful photography. Looking forward to the next one, too. I never got any of these as a set, but did put together one with parted-out parts, plus all three helmeted heads. While I didn't hate the most recent sequel installment, I am not crazy about them and can see why people get really upset with them. But these guys are among the few things I actually can say I kinda like... From what I can observe from my reconstituted figure, everything you say makes sense, as usual; for example, the arm armor is truly impressive, yet annoyingly restrictive.

You were also totally spot on with the 6 inch Gamorrean guards. Mine arrived the other day and am glad I picked it up.

4Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review Empty Re: Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:13 am

Ovy

Ovy
Also not the greatest fan of the movie, but I quite liked their design and hoped they would not just stand around. And they managed to pull of the scene without a cute droid/porg crashing the fight for cheap laughs. Great review, that wire blade looks quite interesting, I wonder how hard it might be to repair once it breaks

I also wonder how he would look like with a headsculpt. John Wick maybe? Or Jet Li? Donnie Yen?

5Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review Empty Re: Hot Toys Praetorian Guard review Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:00 am

michael crawford

Ovy wrote:Also not the greatest fan of the movie, but I quite liked their design and hoped they would not just stand around. And they managed to pull of the scene without a cute droid/porg crashing the fight for cheap laughs. Great review, that wire blade looks quite interesting, I wonder how hard it might be to repair once it breaks

I also wonder how he would look like with a headsculpt. John Wick maybe? Or Jet Li? Donnie Yen?

Interesting idea...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum