OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished) WIP's.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice job on the bike (you really are so thorough!) and the scout is coming along nicely even in mock-up.

Thank you! These are still nice relaxing builds for me lol.
Done most of the speeder bike weathering and put it back together, some dry brush work next and maybe a bit of ink wash in some crevasses that didn't take as well as I'd have liked in the dunk tank. Hard to weather a white vehicle in snow alone so the browns represent grease and oils mixed with melted snow and ice blown across the speeder during travel; no one's going to be washing any vehicles in these conditions or fixing any leaks brought about by materials contracting and distorting in the cold Wink I'll add some snow.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 KXGLHFc

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 EAiLUZx

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 QQzWU5f

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Dv1RqSy

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 VYHADq1

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 NnQ5cvr

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 HoF8Mlh

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 GMTFKYh

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 VDFqqBa

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 NY0QAGt

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 K87wRwJ

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 UUVI3ci

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 X8UQPqC

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I think you've done a great job weathering it up. That's a tricky thing, doing it right and doing just enough of it. Bravo!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Darth_Hogge

Great work and a really authentic weathering!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
BAMComix wrote:Amazing work!

GubernatorFan wrote:I think you've done a great job weathering it up. That's a tricky thing, doing it right and doing just enough of it. Bravo!

Darth_Hogge wrote:Great work and a really authentic weathering!

Thanks guys! Weathering's always a mix of experience, techniques and luck! Wink

Moved onto the rider for now, added and/or replaced the elastic with grey elastic to fit/blend in better with the snow theme, took a while. Used another bead (from a Christmas cracker) drilled out as a neck connector, modified some old school glove insert hinges for wrists. Faffed around with armour parts then permanently attached them to belts etc.. making a pistol holster for a suppressed blaster pistol as an analogue to what snipers here on Earth use as back up weapons if someone gets too close and needs to be quietly neutralised (like an HK MK23 from the 80's/90's or Ruger .22 in the Vietnam days, more likely a suppressed Sig nowadays or HK MK25). I still need to make his neck and glove seals out of wider grey elastic, also his rifle, communication gear, survival panniers and bivouac/tent/shelter etc..

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Ub0OzEd

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 ApJveLz

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 8mb8QGi

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 PCt4imL

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 AocZwEJ

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 XnPd80c

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 QytLj61

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 WLqBirj

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 MpOcGG4

Weathering not finished

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 A8BHDtc

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 NjzhYxA

Heater system with power supply in large pouches

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 ZP1yAVH

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 MJg1zH4

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 KKmg3Wz

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 TSMmf4O

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 EFuCcvh

Might need to change the blaster as it's blatantly a DL44

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 E8jfv85

Custom grey suspension harness replacing the regular white one, this contains self inflating floatation devices should the rider fall through ice etc..

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 96u4n0l

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 GRD3p7U

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Y82wJi2

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 CKqw0TC

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 HqmEptx

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 AhgxNhI

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 F3cUEq9

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 PYe4sPn

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your inventiveness knows no bounds. Poor Christmas bead never dreamt of being this crucial! And you gave him a great worn and weathered look.

BAMComix

BAMComix
GubernatorFan wrote:Your inventiveness knows no bounds. Poor Christmas bead never dreamt of being this crucial! And you gave him a great worn and weathered look.

Very Happy Agreed, really clever stuff!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Your inventiveness knows no bounds. Poor Christmas bead never dreamt of being this crucial! And you gave him a great worn and weathered look.

BAMComix wrote:

Very Happy  Agreed, really clever stuff!

Cheers! LOL, I remember I had to dig through the trash that Christmas day to retrieve the 'baubles' as my cousin's new husband hadn't known I wanted them for builds! I've always been the black sheep of that side of the family who are VERY prim and proper, I'm sure me dumpster diving on Christmas day was a great introduction to my 'excentricities' for my cousin's new husband; combine that with my Biker looks and lifestyle back then (before tattoos and beards were fashionable, I still hate hipster twats who did that!) and the guns I brought with me and I think he was pretty confused as to how I was related to any of them!Twisted Evil pirat

Done the neck and wrist seals, that grey ink is really useful!

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 WPwo7Z5

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Zesk7cJ

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Yp3j7vC

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 B1T4IN7

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Um9nvTF

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 E4W4HX5

Test pose on bike

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Jr8ylnR

Going to need stirrups! I guess for 'in universe' you could say they are needed for the ice.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 KQn5W5c

Started work on his sniper rifle, I want to keep it 'in universe' but as a gun collector I want it to be practical too.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 WXTaqh3

The white is part of the winter camo.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Ak0Giem

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 CA0OHwb

Stirrups

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 IQviZvl

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 PKFwdAo

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 YNHWOvc

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 CQxv2PP

More parts for the rifle build inspired by the Cheytac M200 sniper rifle.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 IZWo806

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 EHDtOv4

Red looks cooler for a lens and implies movie night vision but would stand out like a sore thumb in a snow environment...Neutral Rolling Eyes Mad

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Sc5HpzS

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Superb work. The stirrups were a nice touch. The gun camo is also pretty cool and unexpected.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Superb work. The stirrups were a nice touch. The gun camo is also pretty cool and unexpected.

Cheers! They are needed lol!

Modded and painted the guns into a sort of WW2 'razzle dazzle' snow camo with a bit of Vietnam era 'tiger stripe' too, not sure how well it would work IRL but fits the SW aesthetic better than our contemporary camos if you think of the Clone Wars etc.. Certainly better than big black blocks would anyway (I made a real 1:1 sniper camo from scratch using non perishable materials and completely removable from the M40A1 Marines' sniper rifle and that took over a month, working on it every day, to complete!).
I also attached the panniers which are a pair of Snowtrooper survival backpacks, figuring he'd at least need two since he's off in the mountains alone a lot. I'm making his long distance communication and observation gear next. I've dry brushed the bike's grey parts with silver but not taken pics yet.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 U79WoaE

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 PjsP8Uf

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 XG8DToi

Super Glued and hot glued

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Ig6NdbU

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 UcNnhSE

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 6WxuOkb

I haven't put the 'gortex' grey pannier flaps on yet

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 HZTizpe

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 G9WjSZL

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 DBnmOZT

Modified sniper stock with monopod and Star Wars Esque bipod (they never make a lot of sense in any of the movies lol).

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 FGOgGL5

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 9rcO5qR

Went with the sensible white lens option

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 GBxWYlK

Suppressed the blaster pistol to differentiate it from Han's and snipers like/use silenced weapons for up close work to keep their positions hidden.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 DnTskAS

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 ON4ooxB

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 TcP1YYt

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 CtPLreW

Other bits attached too

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 K6xihr7

Snow camo started in earnest now..

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 3VkgqTj

Ripped narrow strips from my wide roll of masking tape rather than using the already narrow pinstriping tape because I wanted ragged edges, extra work but worth it to me

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 ONssWOl

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 RWxlqMS

They'll be sprayed primer grey to have a triple shade effect of black, grey and white.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 PYLW2ap

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 KlK0QaE

Just like Christmas... well if I celebrated it..

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 NFxeUja

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 E0mz34b

Shame about losing the nice detail on the suppressor (came from an old hobby knife hilt) but it'll be in his holster anyway, that needed to be modded again..

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 IejDf7t

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 T1igtTo

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 YeANt8W

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Nyl4KUh

Just some quick improvised pics

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 De401cG

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 XuGC3iS

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 ZNEjSFt

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Iaz6nmR

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I had to go through this over several days, but WOW! Impressive work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice touches with the additions to the bike and the weapons.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:I had to go through this over several days, but WOW! Impressive work.

Hey thanks!! Thought I hadn't seen you around for a while, I hope your health's not giving you grief! We're all starting to get old now...lol

GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice touches with the additions to the bike and the weapons.

Cheers! Not sure if the camo's everyone's cup of tea but thought I'd give him a chance of surviving after all this work!lol.
Ironic story: I only ever really tried two PC games as an adult, LOTR ROTK(?) and SW Battlefront 1. In the latter I chose to be a snowtrooper sniper, I was doing great until I got stepped on by a bloody AT-AT!!! FFS... Mad

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Ironic story: I only ever really tried two PC games as an adult, LOTR ROTK(?) and SW Battlefront 1. In the latter I chose to be a snowtrooper sniper, I was doing great until I got stepped on by a bloody AT-AT!!! FFS... Mad
Rebel sabotage, I'm sure. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Ironic story: I only ever really tried two PC games as an adult, LOTR ROTK(?) and SW Battlefront 1. In the latter I chose to be a snowtrooper sniper, I was doing great until I got stepped on by a bloody AT-AT!!! FFS... Mad
Rebel sabotage, I'm sure. Smile

Nope, just Imperial incompetence or outright disregard for Troopers' lives I think, then again I was camouflaged! Rolling Eyes

Did some more weathering on the grey areas, added material covers to the panniers, returned the wires back to black (insert AC/DC video here) and gave him a fluffy white roll that could be a tent or bivouac etc.. Started on the communications array too, going to use some extra 1/4 scale parts as a spotting scope and camera combo to feed intel back to his commanders.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 3bg9Mf4

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 K87VxaR

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 OIh223n

And weathering the panniers

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 I0xOqgR

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 2l1unhy

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Uv7jvqd

Thrusters, flaps, controls too etc..

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Zp50lUb

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 K1Tw21m

I'll add some ice and snow encrusted on that will hide a multitude of sins lol..

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 2V2RKoz

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 XoEyLDw

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 GqBT2vm

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 ATiPdeb

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 LdC0c8B

Scavenged joints from some Japanese model extra bits that are also great for greeblies!

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Sgmravl

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 JCagpBz

This material came from a padded cap you use to wear under your steel helmets! Wink

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 NsVTKuT

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 QpZyiCp

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Exd9pEt

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 YkAmnsx

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Nagowkd

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 L9XlTMe

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 NYnpA6Q

1/4 scale parts (head for size comparison only)

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 AXTyHyY

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 IIIoJoA

Tempted to use Han's binocks as they're white and more importantly I only have one of each of the others for the figures they belong to.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Cdn7Lw6

Might add some cube shaped containers/power modules to the speeder as he would need them for all the heating and support gear plus he's travelling quite far in terrible conditions so the speeder could use extra fuel too!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool look, just like one might expect something painted white to rust and wear and tear. It bears saying again, it takes good skills and practice to make that look right.

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
wow, really excellent work! The weathering and details are simply outstanding!!! I have a lot of respect for your work!

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Banner_andreas_haak11

ZombieTestSubject

I wish I had the skills and the patience to do somthing like this. Very cool custom project!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Very cool look, just like one might expect something painted white to rust and wear and tear. It bears saying again, it takes good skills and practice to make that look right.

Darth_Hogge wrote:wow, really excellent work! The weathering and details are simply outstanding!!! I have a lot of respect for your work!

ZombieTestSubject wrote:I wish I had the skills and the patience to do somthing like this. Very cool custom project!

Thank you very much guys!! It's just a matter of patience (started to run out with this one tbh because typically I made things more complex for myself lol) and past experiments.

I think it's all done now (might still put those power/storage containers on though) I just need to work out how to attach everything! Wink
Communications equipment built and weathered, did a bit more on the Trooper's weathering to and added some snow/ice I made from plaster powder, plastic shavings and PVA glue to the bike itself.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 YoyoI1P

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Raxm5kJ

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 NascF4m

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 E5JYvUF

Old Action Man I think but does the job.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 6O9r6wD

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 2SGGAOw

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 FT3A5Iy

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 V9nYpJb

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 QvjjqNH

Weathering Is more graduated now

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 JkxEjpa

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 7kyrc67

Snow materials

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 XW1ixrH

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 F2UIhvM

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 PRB3wWg

Applied and drying, PVA will be clear like ice holding snow hopefully, haven't done this in a while!lol.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 QMuLZTi

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 G7FtSAp

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 QIMQE3d

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 SbuUclx

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 HouBq47

Less on the engine parts for obvious reasons..

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 W7oDqIZ

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 7rW8b9r

Super sharp knife!!

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 PPaZOL7

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 UngjbOj

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 MulxzbH

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Bt5ysAg

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 ZdZBLql

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 GuRWOHQ

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 TYugABp

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great job on the communications device and very inventive application of snow. I should hope you know how to put everything together! But it does look completed.

cdn_rhino

Great to see all the updates. That looks awesome. Well done on the additions too.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Great job on the communications device and very inventive application of snow. I should hope you know how to put everything together! But it does look completed.

cdn_rhino wrote:Great to see all the updates. That looks awesome. Well done on the additions too.

Thanks guys! I'm talking about loading up the speeder with all the extras, with motorcycles for example, you can't just throw things on willy-nilly, you have to keep heavy stuff low and each side in balance, the front and back suspension need to be in balance too or you'll lose traction and braking capacity, also get tank slapping that can lead to a loss of control. Riders get tired physically far faster than in a car etc.. so the last thing they want is to wear a backpack for long distances! So this is all about the new stuff I'm adding to the bike's loadout and not just putting the bike back together. There's also the fine art of 'bungee cord' application! Not sure if they have those in the SW universe scratch .

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Okay not putting the power pods on, too back heavy already, at least that's my excuse for now, maybe later, bored I want to move on with another project tbh. So all done (made a custom cargo strap), didn't take pics of him using his communication gear but it's not rocket science, he can wear the backpack safely even with his armour's speed hump due to the foam I added, the stand unspools and the camera/spotter scope connects onto the stand. The sniper rifle now clips onto the communications backpack for storage during riding or hiking from the speeder bike to the perfect hide to set up base. I plan to mount him and the speeder to the front of a shelf using rods after I've drilled some holes into my ESB display shelves so I won't be using the stands on this one.

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 TI9kzoR

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 ZRIwTUu

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 BKqAx1l

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 Kno2b6v

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 SKQ8PZx

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 8J1VFTw

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 GF4WtxN

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 MJeGPxM

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 3kcUemv

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 NJfD3Jj

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 1qRl7Fm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
The bike and rider are very cool and while I’m not up on SW universe, this is going to look so epic mounted on rods. Great work again!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Tanzenwolfe wrote:The bike and rider are very cool and while I’m not up on SW universe, this is going to look so epic mounted on rods.  Great work again!

Thank you very much TZW!! I can't remember where these guys appeared either!lol, they did make multiple toys of them though, must be video games.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! Just WOW! That turned out really cool. Excellent work as always, Alex. Sorry I haven't been more active in this thread (you were right about my health). I'm just glad I finally got to see the end product.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

FINISHED SW Hoth Speeder Bike Scout Trooper with bike (Guns built and camouflaged, panniers on) Galactic Marine Heavy Gunner (finished)  WIP's. - Page 3 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulations on another completed project. I love it, and I don't know why (since there was never any doubt), I think it looks even better than I expected. I think it would look best displayed against a dark gray background, but I know you're pressed for space and want to group it with the others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum