OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Place to Call Home

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A Place to Call Home Empty A Place to Call Home Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:57 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Hello everyone!
For those who don't know me, My primary interest is in Sci Fi figures and dioramas
I like Astronauts, Robots, Space Marines, etc.
My main dioramas are a Space Station, a cargo vessel, and battleship ( The Iowa II)
These are so large that they are continuous WIPs and maybe for a long time.
Since the guys need a place to sleep and draw air while on Mars, I built them a HAB.
This is also a WIP, but close to completion.
Hope you enjoy!
A Place to Call Home Img_5410
A Place to Call Home Img_5411
A Place to Call Home Img_5413
A Place to Call Home Img_5418
A Place to Call Home Img_5412
A Place to Call Home Img_5414
A Place to Call Home Img_5415
A Place to Call Home Img_5416
A Place to Call Home Img_5417
A Place to Call Home Img_5510
A Place to Call Home Img_5513
A Place to Call Home Img_5511
A Place to Call Home Img_5512
A Place to Call Home Img_5514
A Place to Call Home Img_5515
A Place to Call Home Img_5516
A Place to Call Home Img_5517
A Place to Call Home Img_5519
A Place to Call Home Img_5518
A Place to Call Home Img_5520
A Place to Call Home Img_5521
A Place to Call Home Img_5522
A Place to Call Home Img_5524
A Place to Call Home Img_5523
A Place to Call Home Img_5525
A Place to Call Home Img_5526
A Place to Call Home Img_5527
A Place to Call Home Img_5529
A Place to Call Home Img_5528
A Place to Call Home Img_5530
A Place to Call Home Img_5531
A Place to Call Home Img_5532
A Place to Call Home Img_5533
A Place to Call Home Img_5534
A Place to Call Home Img_5610

#custom #kitbash #diorama #futuristic #astronaut

2A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice work, Pontiacvan. Thank you for sharing. I am glad you are keeping everything modular, as the finished product (if ever really finished) will likely be huge. And the pug might decide that the accommodations are intended for dogs, not action figures. Wink

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

3A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:23 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks cool. It’ll be interesting to see the final product.

4A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:53 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice one. I like the little details like the studs in the wall.

I've started using circuit boards as mini peg boards too.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

5A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:59 pm

ostfront43

ostfront43
What a great display. So many details to take in. Enjoyed seeing the beginning of the build, and to where it is now. Will be looking for update.

6A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:37 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nice work, Pontiacvan. Thank you for sharing. I am glad you are keeping everything modular, as the finished product (if ever really finished) will likely be huge. And the pug might decide that the accommodations are intended for dogs, not action figures. Wink

Stryker2011 wrote:Looks cool. It’ll be interesting to see the final product.

shazzdan wrote:Nice one. I like the little details like the studs in the wall.

I've started using circuit boards as mini peg boards too.

ostfront43 wrote:What a great display. So many details to take in. Enjoyed seeing the beginning of the build, and to where it is now. Will be looking for update.    

Thanks every one!
My confession to being slow on projects is waiting to add the special effects. The Bunsen Burner needs a LED, for instance.
I have to do electronics when the mood strikes me. Even the overhead light is not the way I want it to be. Once I get all my effects in place, I will fill it up will props and take some better shots.

7A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:56 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Looking good, a big project build, just what we want on OSF! Nice!

Keep up the good work!

CHEERS!

8A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:01 am

dadrab

dadrab
Hot damn, man...

That is really nice work and mighty cool.

Well done.

9A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:39 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
God damn Pontiacivan, I am loving everything about this build. So much to take in! It’s another ambitious beast of a project from you, and like always, I’m enjoying the hell out of it. Every detail fits so well with the overall sci-if aesthetic you’ve got going on. You’ve got a ton of great science gear. I really dig that containment chamber (is that the right term, for the clear box you can stick your hand into?). The circuit board peg boards are brilliant (where do you get the blank circuit boards from?). And even though you said the overhead light isn’t quite right yet, the lighting for the pics looks perfect in the scene, and I think actually has a really great atmosphere.

Is that corrugated packing cardboard on the outside? I just grabbed a roll of it myself recently, and it really does paint up well as corrugated sheet metal.

Going to enjoy watching this come together. Although that pug looks like he’s eying it up for himself. Possibly your space crew may get invaded by a large (from their perspective) bit of local furry wildlife?

http://reverendspooky.com

10A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
ReverendSpooky wrote:God damn Pontiacivan, I am loving everything about this build. So much to take in!  It’s another ambitious beast of a project from you, and like always, I’m enjoying the hell out of it. Every detail fits so well with the overall sci-if aesthetic you’ve got going on. You’ve got a ton of great science gear. I really dig that containment chamber (is that the right term, for the clear box you can stick your hand into?). The circuit board peg boards are brilliant (where do you get the blank circuit boards from?). And even though you said the overhead light isn’t quite right yet, the lighting for the pics looks perfect in the scene, and I think actually has a really great atmosphere.  

Is that corrugated packing cardboard on the outside?  I just grabbed a roll of it myself recently, and it really does paint up well as corrugated sheet metal.

Going to enjoy watching this come together. Although that pug looks like he’s eying it up for himself. Possibly your space crew may get invaded by a large (from their perspective) bit of local furry wildlife?

Thank you, and thanks to everyone for the positive comments!
Yes, I mean that to be a containment box. I'm working on the gloves right now. I think it could also pass as a sandblasting cabinet.
I get the circuit boards on eBay. That size was 10 for $8. I actually buy them for circuit boards, but I've been thinking how cool they would be as peg boards. I just ordered some larger ones to use just for dioramas.
The corrugated sheets came in a book of 20 from Hobby Lobby.
Only one of the Pugs has dared to enter. Shebrought a toy in, took a nap and lost interest. The guy in the picture is a rescue. He was abandoned for three weeks in a vacant apartment. Luckily a neighbor had a key and was feeding him. As a result, he's never far from my shadow. We've been good for each other.

11A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:00 am

scalawag

scalawag
Thats great mate, I love all the little details and especially those peg boards, inspired!!!

12A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:16 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
As usual, the progress pics are far more interesting than the finished project.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

13A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:59 am

peter the painter

Clever and resourceful building, the results look great.

Cheers,

Peter.

14A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:02 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Mars Module ! Love Your Work !

15A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:05 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Pontiacivan wrote:
I get the circuit boards on eBay. That size was 10 for $8. I actually buy them for circuit boards, but I've been thinking how cool they would be as peg boards. I just ordered some larger ones to use just for dioramas.
May need to steal that idea for an upcoming garage project.  Thanks for the heads up.

Pontiacivan wrote:The corrugated sheets came in a book of 20 from Hobby Lobby.
Just FYI, I got a giant roll of it from staples.  I believe it's intended for packing.  Just in case you ever need a continuous sheet of it for anything.  

Pontiacivan wrote:Only one of the Pugs has dared to enter. Shebrought a toy in, took a nap and lost interest. The guy in the picture is a rescue. He was abandoned for three weeks in a vacant apartment. Luckily a neighbor had a key and was feeding him. As a result, he's never far from my shadow. We've been good for each other.
Man, that's terrible.  You're a good dude Pontiacivan.  Seriously. I'm glad that story had a happy ending.  I bet that little guy is happy as hell now.

http://reverendspooky.com

16A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:42 pm

onesixthwarrior

onesixthwarrior
This is so cool, and filled with such neat details. I see that even on Mars, workbenches tend to get cluttered (with cool details).

17A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:59 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
That is so FAB!

All you need once it's completed is a 1:6 female figure that resembles Sigourney Weaver wearing skimpy bikini panties and a tank top being menaced by a 1:6 xenomorph inside the module.

Wink Razz

A Place to Call Home 080p-alien-narc_zps7d0bfe6a

18A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:59 am

brassco

brassco
Inspiring! I hoped your dog wouldn't poke around, thinking you built a house for him!

19A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:34 am

blackpool

blackpool
that's one cool build! Really love the attention given to every detail, thanks for sharing!!!

20A Place to Call Home Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:24 pm

dadrab

dadrab
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invasion of the Martian Space Beast...

Run!
A Place to Call Home Img_5417

Good on you for taking him in. Seems happy (if not a little confused...).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum