OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Here's a idea I got form my other Forum (MWD) is just to post black and white photos of your figures, I think it will be
very cool seeing what you guys come up with! I will go first with a few decolorized photos from the past. I hope you like them!

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 2v2JMtGSSxAChVkHosted on Fotki

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 2v2JMtGhhxAChVkHosted on Fotki

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 2v2JMtGCCxAChVkHosted on Fotki

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 2v2JMtGLLxAChVkHosted on Fotki

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 2v2JMDasyxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Thanks Bad Wolf

Adeno

2b relaxing after fighting for the glory of mankind Smile

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 PgFGL2G

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very Nice!

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nope. Colour all the way for me. IMO black and white is just a tacky way to hide problems with our kitbashes. The only exception would be themes in the mid 19th to the mid 20th century where b&w photography was the norm.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t have a problem with B&W if it serves a purpose, like setting mood, tone, or to represent a theme. Film Noir is a perfect example where B&W is preferable to color in my opinion. That being said, Bad-Wolf, your picture of the sunbather is nicely done, and the first thing that popped into my head was the 1962 James Mason/Sue Lyon movie Lolita. And I like the atmospheric pic of 2b by Adeno.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 C8485110

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t have a problem with B&W if it serves a purpose, like setting mood, tone, or to represent a theme. Film Noir is a perfect example where B&W is preferable to color in my opinion. That being said, Bad-Wolf, your picture of the sunbather is nicely done, and the first thing that popped into my head was the 1962 James Mason/Sue Lyon movie Lolita. And I like the atmospheric pic of 2b by Adeno.

Thank you Stryker I'm glad you like them it's very much appreciated, I think converting a color photo to black and white can make them
look a little more dramatic, I think the photo of Lady Death now looks better in B&W than she did in color.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Thank you Stryker I'm glad you like them it's very much appreciated, I think converting a color photo to black and white can make them
look a little more dramatic, I think the photo of Lady Death now looks better in B&W than she did in color.

No doubt -- Lady Death definitely looks better in B&W, because she looks much more "realistic" this way.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
GubernatorFan wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Thank you Stryker I'm glad you like them it's very much appreciated, I think converting a color photo to black and white can make them

No doubt -- Lady Death definitely looks better in B&W, because she looks much more "realistic" this way.

Thank you Gubernator it's greatly appreciated!

I hope to see others sharing their B&W photos here.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Yeah, I'm game.

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Img_2011

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Img_2012

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Img_2010

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Img_2014

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Img_2013

I'll 2nd Stryker on both points.  The sunbather pic has this old Hollywood retro vibe, and Adeno's 2b is wonderfully moody.  Lots of fun.

http://reverendspooky.com

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
@ ReverendSpooky - Oh man Very Cool!  And thank you.

Please lets keep them coming everyone.

shazzdan

shazzdan
It works for some themes. Here is the very cool Old West Barber shop that itchybits posted on OSW last year.
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/856519-old-west-barber-shop.html

I used a sepia filter rather than straight B&W.

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 1xjs0F5

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Bs%20-%2008_zpsanp2f76t

blackpool

blackpool
wow @reverendspooky, truly amazing shots, such a unique atmosphere in the world you created!

here are some shots I shared on MWD in the black&white topic...

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Residentevil_00

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 IMG_2573

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Lethalweapon_05

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Tombraider_05

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Punisher_04

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Work here !

spend this ones

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 D040ad10

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Fdf63510

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Jandtr10

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 5bd4b911

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 Opf2v211
 A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 C692ci10

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787

Great looking photos everyone and thank you for sharing! Very Happy

Come on guys lets keep this thread going!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Thanks Blackpool & BadWolf! I was going for a specific atmosphere with these, and glad it came across.

Shazzdan, agreed on how natural the sepia looks for that dio. Really perfect.

Blackpool your B&Ws really turn up those shadows and create such strong contrast. Super moody.

Ephaine, the B&W really reminds me of old movie stills, especially that profile shot of the archer. So cool!

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
A few more photos from the past.

I hope you like them.

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 2v2JMDa6jxAChVkHosted on Fotki

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 2v2JMDaYMxAChVkHosted on Fotki

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 2v2JMqtMFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Lets keep this thread going.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
For  Halloween

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 2v2E27JDFxAChVkHosted on Fotki

A B&W photos Idea just change your photos to black and white - Updated on 10/31/2018 2v2E27JmyxAChVkHosted on Fotki

Feel free to share your B&W Photos here.

Thanks for looking

Comments are welcomed

Bad Wolf

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum