OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys  Empty Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:32 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
We have seen these (or something just like them) used in many advertisements for other sixth-scale products, so when I saw them for sale on Big Bad Toy Store, I picked one up. They come in four colors (red, green, blue, and purple), and are technically called rather strangely "Single Sofa 3.0".

The fancy armchair is sculpted pretty nicely, if a little softly, and features surfaces colored in red (in this instance) to simulate leather and in a golden or brass color to simulate wooden framing. The paint job is fairly clean, without being very precise. It is a large and opulent piece, measuring as follows (all dimensions somewhat approximate) :

Height to back to top of back 9.5 in or 23.5 cm
Height to top of armrests 5 in or 12.5 cm
Height to top of seat 3 in or 7.5 cm
Width from side to side (external dimensions) 7.5 in or 18 cm
Depth from front to back (external dimensions) 5 in or 12.5 cm

Here are three photos with some figures for scale...

Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys  Hyt3r-10

Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys  Hyt3r-11

Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys  Hyt3r-12

Before you accuse me, unless I have unsuspected prophetic abilities, this is not a GOT spoiler!

Anyway, I hope this is useful.

#furniture #chair #hy #haoyu #sofa #diorama #productreview #hottoys #threezero #tbleague #jacksparrow #jaimelannister #daenerystargaryen #got #gameofthrones #humor

2Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys  Empty Re: Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:39 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Thanks for the review, the chair and your figure look great! And I just ordered one from BBTS, well I already have a white & black with silver
 trim but I've been wanting a red one with gold trim for my queen.

3Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys  Empty Re: Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:09 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Nice item! I love to see the variety of things available to us. There are some incredible props out there!

4Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys  Empty Re: Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:03 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Chair really does look dynamite. I like just how big it is! I have a few of these great ornate resin chairs that are perfectly in scale, but get obscured by figure in photos, where these have this massive presence. And while you had said the paint application isn't the most precise, they look flawless in pics.

5Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys  Empty Re: Fancy Armchair by Haoyu Toys Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Thanks for the review, the chair and your figure look great! And I just ordered one from BBTS, well I already have a white & black with silver trim but I've been wanting a red one with gold trim for my queen.

Thanks, BAD WOLF. They did look familiar, and I remember some from your dioramas. I guess they are just releasing them in more colors.

Pontiacivan wrote:Nice item! I love to see the variety of things available to us. There are some incredible props out there!

Thanks, Pontiacvan, and I agree. I didn't have much to use this one with, but it was too hard to resist.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Chair really does look dynamite.  I like just how big it is!  I have a few of these great ornate resin chairs that are perfectly in scale, but get obscured by figure in photos, where these have this massive presence.  And while you had said the paint application isn't the most precise, they look flawless in pics.  

Thanks, Adam. They are massive indeed. And you do have to look very very closely (and critically) to notice the occasional flaws.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum