OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
The excellent Ford engine prop that Shazzdan posted got me thinking.
What is your favorite prop or accessory?
It could be a weapon or gear, commercial or homemade, that really "nails" it in terms of believability.

One of my favorites is this Bosch hammer drill. The drill/hammer knob rotates, the labels are legible, color is correct. I think overall it is an excellent prop. I can even put an actual drill bit in it!
What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? Img_6615
What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? Img_6614

While I admit to some personal bias, my very first homemade prop is one of my favorites as well. I think "unfinished wall" captures the look just right...
What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? Img_0310
What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? Img_0610
What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? Img_0611
[url=https://servimg.com/view/19863713/308]

So let's see some shots of your favorite 1/6 items.
I know many of you have made some pretty sweet props!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like your drill and the whole construction scene, but it is hard to pick just one favorite 1/6 prop or accessory.

shazzdan

shazzdan
If I had that drill, it would be my favourite too.

I laid off commenting for a day because I couldn't think of my favourite prop but have finally decided that it is the briefcase that Ponti has in the above photo. The detailing and scaling is perfect and they are so versatile that you can use one in pretty much any modern-themed dio.

This thread shows some of the things I've been doing with them.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t579-miniature-briefcases

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Mine is probably the ‘working’ TV and selection of games/dvds I made to go with the official PS4 keychain model which is perfectly 1/6th scale. I made the screen with an opening on the side so images can be slotted in to change the picture. I use my own screenshots. (of which I have MANY, lol) The controllers were from a seller on Shapeways (I painted them though)

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? 38257135926_fdca91a06c_k1/6th scale TV & PS4 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? 38257141886_aeff71b8de_k1/6th scale TV & PS4 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? 26537864119_34a05383d4_k1/6th scale TV & PS4 by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? 38257045016_c61a452b58_k1/6th scale PS4 controllers from Shapeways by Christine Sutcliffe, on Flickr

(If you want to buy your own, search for Silverbeam’s ‘PS4 Controller Tiny’)

Scrotus89

Hello...I really like the unfinished wall that you had maded. the little print on the insulation was done by you? you did good job. takes much skill to do that. others here have such skill also...hope to learn from all. my best prop for me is a torturing type device i'm working on...i hopes to post pics when it done...

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
hmm...this is one tough question. for me it would probably be the coca cola food/bottles from bbi that i have used on occasion, or the HT mirrored aviators from the marty mcfly figure.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
QMX Captain Kirk’s Chair.

That’s all I can think of right off the bat.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow ! The Tools are so Great and the scene remembers me of Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop .

Christine, the 1:6 Stuff You made is amazing. 1:6 DVD Covers and the stitchery affraid

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Ugh, Pontiacivan that drill is so slick!  You are a bad influence.  I will admit, you sold me on it and i just grabbed one on Ebay.  Coming from China, so may not arrive until January, but still, I'm excited.  That construction wall looks in-freakin-credible!  It's such a versatile prop, and it looks SO spot on realistic.  I love it.  Also worth mentioning, jealous you've got one of those snap on toolboxes.  They rock.

Shazzdan, you've been killing it with the metal briefcases!  So cool.

Lynkhart, so rad seeing your gaming set up again!  Can't get over how perfect all the game and dvd cases look, and the tv with interchangeable screens is brilliant.  I seriously love it.  

Scrotus89, I am more than a bit curious about your torture device.  Bring it on!

GubernatorFan is right, and I can't imagine picking a favorite.  But here are a couple I'm particularly happy with how they came out:

Cursed Skull Chamber:

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? 5242929_orig

Ouija boards with planchettes:

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? 2648033_orig

And a hand of glory (That Ephaine spotted in the Alice of Autumn photos)

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? 7204400_orig

And yes, I think that was a £2 coin I was using as the base of the bell jar, that I've since swapped it out for a legitimate wood base.

Need to do some new photoshoots with all of these soon.

http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The details are gorgeous, Adam! It is difficult enough to get details right in the first place, but yours also look positively organic.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
 I would have say my top favorite prop would be Lady Death main throne chair.

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? 2v2uZiJqMxAChVkHosted on Fotki    

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:The details are gorgeous, Adam! It is difficult enough to get details right in the first place, but yours also look positively organic.

Thanks so much brother! Really proud of these, and they were a lot of fun to do.

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
I don't actually have a favorite prop BUT my WWR Bromwich Bramble fits into so many of my story lines that maybe he's my fave...lol

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
shazzdan wrote:If I had that drill, it would be my favourite too.

I laid off commenting for a day because I couldn't think of my favourite prop but have finally decided that it is the briefcase that Ponti has in the above photo. The detailing and scaling is perfect and they are so versatile that you can use one in pretty much any modern-themed dio.

This thread shows some of the things I've been doing with them.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t579-miniature-briefcases
I love the business card briefcase, I managed to get two or three VERY cheap and they are the nicest little prop!

Lynkhart wrote:Mine is probably the ‘working’ TV and selection of games/dvds I made to go with the official PS4 keychain model which is perfectly 1/6th scale. I made the screen with an opening on the side so images can be slotted in to change the picture. I use my own screenshots. (of which I have MANY, lol) The controllers were from a seller on Shapeways (I painted them though)
Christine, I think your DVD's are PERFECT! Very much look the part!

Scrotus89 wrote:Hello...I really like the unfinished wall that you had maded. the little print on the insulation was done by you? you did good job. takes much skill to do that. others here have such skill also...hope to learn from all. my best prop for me is a torturing type device i'm working on...i hopes to post pics when it done...
Thank you! Yes, I laid out the lettering and printed on an 8.5"X11" sheet of brown paper, then I cut it into strips. I dyed the cotton for the "insulation" and made the "staples" as well. The outlet boxes are LEGO pieces.
You absolutely need to post your torture device progress!

ReverendSpooky wrote:Ugh, Pontiacivan that drill is so slick!  You are a bad influence.  I will admit, you sold me on it and i just grabbed one on Ebay.  Coming from China, so may not arrive until January, but still, I'm excited.  That construction wall looks in-freakin-credible!  It's such a versatile prop, and it looks SO spot on realistic.  I love it.  Also worth mentioning, jealous you've got one of those snap on toolboxes.
I take no responsibility for purchases made due to 1/6 addiction!  Very Happy
The Oija boards are just too cool!
I keep forgetting you are a 3A fan. I wish I could get a few more pieces, but I have too many as it is!

Mr. Razz wrote:I don't actually have a favorite prop BUT my WWR Bromwich Bramble fits into so many of my story lines that maybe he's my fave...lol
You single guys have all the luck! I want a Bramble in the worst way!
For anyone who doesn't know, the body is the size of a large coffee can! Definitely a LARGE figure!

dadrab

dadrab
Man...There's some really cool stuff floating around this thread.

Personally, I'll have to stick with my original RC Jeep build:

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Pontiacivan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Ugh, Pontiacivan that drill is so slick!  You are a bad influence.  I will admit, you sold me on it and i just grabbed one on Ebay.  Coming from China, so may not arrive until January, but still, I'm excited.  That construction wall looks in-freakin-credible!  It's such a versatile prop, and it looks SO spot on realistic.  I love it.  Also worth mentioning, jealous you've got one of those snap on toolboxes.
I take no responsibility for purchases made due to 1/6 addiction!  Very Happy
The Oija boards are just too cool!
I keep forgetting you are a 3A fan. I wish I could get a few more pieces, but I have too many as it is!

Mr. Razz wrote:I don't actually have a favorite prop BUT my WWR Bromwich Bramble fits into so many of my story lines that maybe he's my fave...lol
You single guys have all the luck! I want a Bramble in the worst way!
For anyone who doesn't know, the body is the size of a large coffee can! Definitely a LARGE figure!

Thanks Pontiacivan!  They were really fun to do.  And yeah, I have a weird love/hate relationship with 3A.  I LOVE a lot of their designs, and there are a few figures that would still be fun to have, but for the most part, I have all I really want from them.  But they also drive me crazy with a lot of things.  I don't think they've released anything in a long time I was that excited about.  Back in December, I dropped the $200 for the club membership with the promise that this year would be a big return to all their original IPs, that would only be available to club members.  I think they did a robot or 2, but no Tomorrow Kings, no Popbot.  Almost a year later, and they haven't done almost anything.  Huge waste, and kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.  At least the membership kit is finally shipping.

That Bramble is super cool though, and you're right, freakin huge.  Such a fun figure.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
ReverendSpooky wrote:

Thanks Pontiacivan!  They were really fun to do.  And yeah, I have a weird love/hate relationship with 3A.  I LOVE a lot of their designs, and there are a few figures that would still be fun to have, but for the most part, I have all I really want from them.  But they also drive me crazy with a lot of things.  I don't think they've released anything in a long time I was that excited about.  Back in December, I dropped the $200 for the club membership with the promise that this year would be a big return to all their original IPs, that would only be available to club members.  I think they did a robot or 2, but no Tomorrow Kings, no Popbot.  Almost a year later, and they haven't done almost anything.  Huge waste, and kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.  At least the membership kit is finally shipping.

That Bramble is super cool though, and you're right, freakin huge.  Such a fun figure.

I'm still waiting for Ashley Wood to finish a storyline. I'm also waiting for the promsised WWR movie, but of course, he would have to finish the story. Lol.

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
Pontiacivan wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:

I'm still waiting for Ashley Wood to finish a storyline. I'm also waiting for the promsised WWR movie, but of course, he would have to finish the story. Lol.

Actually, he DID finish a storyline. It goes like this: Make cool product, make people jump thru hoops to get product, laugh at hoop jumpers, collect money, go to bank. Realize bank account is substantial, don't need money so bad so let's test peoples patience, make cool product, take money and go to bank, delay sending product. Look at bank statement.

The sequel to that storyline is very similar...lol

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow, more great Stuff ! The Skull Camber and the witchbords are amazing, the Throne Chair also ! The Jeep is fantastic ! I love the RC Movement of the Figure. A making of will be great

blackpool

blackpool
Damn those unfinished walls with the insulation foam are insanely coooooool!!!

And that playstation set, I love it, high level of awesomness!!!

Personally I got tons of lil items and props, it's really hard to pick only one favorite...

The most "functional" and useful in my collection is the leather sofa and armchiar set I bought a few years back. It's not terrific in terms of details, but it's well crafted, the leather grain and stitching is realistic, and it's a prop that definitely creates a diorama by itself!

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? Comicsavengers

In terms of details, I can only remember the old pocket watch I grabbed from a DID german agent figure, it's made of metal, it opens and closes nicely, the chain is perfectly scaled, a lil jewel!

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? Invisibleman_06

What's your favorite 1/6 prop or accessory? Invisibleman_04

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum