OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Thriax...updated 11/23/18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:23 pm

Reverend Spooky's House of Seasons kind of gave me a kick in the ass to get serious about my own storyline...The Thriax...Hopefully it ain't too boring to people...lol...A little backstory first, then a few shots of one of my characters...

The Thriax: The Thriax is 3 dimensions existing in the same place but on different planes, with a mysterious 4th dimension. To hold control over all 3 dimensions grants access to the 4th dimension...The home of Mezron...

Mezron: Mezron is the overseer of The Thriax. He exists in the 4th dimension. Mortal beings, as well as Immortal beings have spent AGES looking for Mezron's Eye, the supposed Key to the 4th Dimension, the Key that leads to ULTIMATE power to create or destroy a universe...

This is the first character I'd like to introduce to you...some have seen her before, maybe...

Whoracle: Whoracle was born in the 2nd dimension on the planet Zarquaff, a world that has borne the offspring of gods...In her youth, she showed great promise and soon became a demigod. She had great prowess with magic and could control men with just her looks alone. At 19, she entered a forbidden cave, Ashmal to her people, and found Mezron's Eye...Soon after, Whoracle became OBSESSED with controlling The Thriax...

Here's a few pics of Whoracle with Mezron's Eye...

Hopefully I can use this thread to show more of my characters...next up will be Whoracle's sister Synora...

View user profile

2 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:44 pm

Mezron's eye also appears to be your avatar. Good start to the story! Characters with obsessions usually do cool stuff!

View user profile

3 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Pontiacivan wrote:Mezron's eye also appears to be your avatar. Good start to the story! Characters with obsessions usually do cool stuff!

Yes they do...remember the Quantius and Tanaylya storyline, Pontiacivan? It ended with Synora being brought back from "Limbo" to join a sister (Whoracle) that she despised...Those two will back stab each other relentlessly...

View user profile

4 The Thriax...edited 10/30/18 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:15 pm

The Rise of Synora...

View user profile

5 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:29 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Nice presentation in the grand tradition of retro sci-fi. May I ask what font did you use? I've been looking for something like that for some time.

6 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:30 pm

Very Cool, it's good to see Whoracle again and I'm guessing that she is still up to no good?

7 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 pm

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice presentation in the grand tradition of retro sci-fi. May I ask what font did you use? I've been looking for something like that for some time.

Thank you, Gubernator...not sure what you mean, tho...are you talking about the captions? If you are, I'm using an app on my Ipad called Captions...it works good for me

View user profile

8 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:37 pm

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very Cool, it's good to see Whoracle again and I'm guessing that she is still up to no good?

Thanks BW...yea, as always Whoracle is up to no good...same old same old...whatever is best for her...blah blah...lol....I wanna control The Thriax...blah blah...lol...She IS watching Lady Death, tho....

View user profile

9 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:34 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Mr. Razz wrote:Thank you, Gubernator...not sure what you mean, tho...are you talking about the captions? If you are, I'm using an app on my Ipad called Captions...it works good for me

Welcome. And yes, I meant the font/typeface in the dialogue. But I use a conventional computer and fonts, so that's probably not something I can replicate. I do like it a lot more than the one I've used in my threads (like the Adventures of Space Princess or the Odinssons), and have been looking for it for some time (the giveaway letter, as far as I see it, is the E).

10 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:45 pm

GubernatorFan wrote:
Mr. Razz wrote:Thank you, Gubernator...not sure what you mean, tho...are you talking about the captions? If you are, I'm using an app on my Ipad called Captions...it works good for me

Welcome. And yes, I meant the font/typeface in the dialogue. But I use a conventional computer and fonts, so that's probably not something I can replicate. I do like it a lot more than the one I've used in my threads (like the Adventures of Space Princess or the Odinssons), and have been looking for it for some time (the giveaway letter, as far as I see it, is the E).

Haven't seen the Adventures of Space Princess yet but I have seen "The Odinssons" and i think its awesome...more power to poor Odin Son Thor...roflmao...married life ain't what people think it is...

View user profile

11 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:20 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Mr. Razz wrote:Haven't seen the Adventures of Space Princess yet but I have seen "The Odinssons" and i think its awesome...more power to poor Odin Son Thor...roflmao...married life ain't what people think it is...

Thank you kindly. I intend to add a third installment sometime in the near future. The other one's here.

12 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:35 am

Great Story and Characters, Dios an Scenes ! The Evil Guy looks absolute scary. I like the lizard lapdog

Thanks for the Entertainment Very Happy

Eph

View user profile

13 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:14 am

Great to see the again the Thriax here! I really enjoy your stories, it has a strong retro scifi vibe, brings back some cool memories from early star trek or the avengers (john steed n emma peel, not iron man and his friends :p)

@gubernator if you're looking for fonts to use on your PC, I highly recommend to visit DAFONT.COM, there are a ton of free to use fonts, some even with some reward function for the artists that created them. The downloaded fonts files are to be stored in your "fonts" folder on your main hard drive, they will install automatically on all softs you have on your computer from word to photoshop or alikes...

View user profile

14 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
blackpool wrote:@gubernator if you're looking for fonts to use on your PC, I highly recommend to visit DAFONT.COM, there are a ton of free to use fonts, some even with some reward function for the artists that created them. The downloaded fonts files are to be stored in your "fonts" folder on your main hard drive, they will install automatically on all softs you have on your computer from word to photoshop or alikes...

Thanks, blackpool. Not to hijack this thread, so briefly: I've looked at that site before, and I looked at their cartoon fonts again, but they don't have that or anything close enough. I actually know my way around fonts, and have customized some for my use in the past, and have the software and the skills to even make one, but I've been far too busy (and lazy) to try that with a cartoon font now.

15 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Bwahahahaha.

Your sense of humor is excellent.

Damn cool figures, too.

I'm very much looking forward to more.

View user profile

16 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Really cool dio scenes. Like the Eye base.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

View user profile

17 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks all, glad you like it!...Now for a couple of more brief character backgrounds...
The Gress: The Gress are not actually a character but are a race of small skeletal beings. They are very mischievous. They don't intentionally try to harm but sometimes things get out of hand. They can be found on any world in any dimension of the Thriax. Because of this fact, Mezron has tasked them with the keeping of the Thriax Portals. They protect as well as power these portals. A fully charged Gress (gold in color) is placed inside a chamber, typically 4 chambers are needed to power each portal. As a Gress gets depleted, he/she starts turning a silver color. once fully silver, the Gress must recharge. It's because of this that each Thriax Portal will open at random times. I don't have any good Gress pics because I'm using those small halloween skeletons as fill ins. Anybody have any idea if they make 4-6 inch poseable skeletons? The Gress do have a supreme leader that i'll introduce at a later time...

Quantius: Some believe Quantius is as old as the universes themselves. No one is really sure because as far as recorded history goes, he's always been here. Not much more is really known about him. Quantius is a super genius scientist although his huge EGO and obsession with recreating Whoracle (for reasons only he knows at this time) has caused him issues, as you will see in this next photo story.

This I did a while back just because I could. Not really part of the storyline but it was an idea I had, along with uh, however many beers I had. (I should keep track of that, I guess...lol) Oh, and it introduces Baby Gress...

View user profile

18 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:50 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
That's the trouble when you endow artificial intelligence with human-like qualities. Smile

19 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:09 pm

"Bad Gress," indeed.

Pretty damn funny, though.

View user profile

20 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Hell yes! Glad I could light a fire for you to share these. Absolute blast. I really love the retro scifi aesthetic (That teleportation effect is so fun). And Quantius is genuinely creepy as hell looking. Is his head sculpted from scratch? The Gress have a great look all their own. They look a bit poseable too. I know you had said they are a stand in, but the look really works. But if you're looking for another option, look up "Re-ment Pose skeleton". They're cheap, super poseable, and have a neat look all their own. I think ideal for what you want them for.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

21 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Thanks guys! Reverend, that was actually Baby Gress, I made him from a keychain skeleton. He's a copper color and will turn gold colored as he "matures" (note: Gress do not actually mature, they only age...lol) The fill ins are little halloween decoration skeletons. They come on a string of 4 and are maybe 3 1/2" to 4 1/2" tall...no poseability at all...here's a couple of pics...

As you can see, limited uses. Thanks for the suggestion. I will check them out.
I do have a coo models 12" skeleton that will be The Gress Supreme Leader. More on him as I figure out his story (read that as "Let me have a few more beers")

As I mentioned earlier, one of The Gress' tasks is to protect the Thriax Portals...How do they do that, you ask? Why, with the Iron Gress, of course!!

And NO, he doesn't play drums Evil or Very Mad That was just left there from a shoot I did involving another character, a very central character actually...

And concerning the Quantius head sculpt...Not sure but I believe it was an original sculpt. I had bought a lot of six resin cast head sculpts from a seller on ebay. They had slight defects which the seller did disclose so I wasn't ripped off but in my mind six sculpts for $20 was a good deal. Quantius was one of them and I merely painted it...

View user profile

22 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:36 am

The Gress have an interesting story line! they just don't give a $h-t about anyone!
Iron Gress is cool and a great use of a mini Hulkbuster!

View user profile

23 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:19 am

I'm diggin' that drum kit.

Iron Gress ticked me good.

View user profile

24 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Pontiacivan wrote:The Gress have an interesting story line! they just don't give a $h-t about anyone!
Iron Gress is cool and a great use of a mini Hulkbuster!

That's not entirely true...they do give a $h-t about one...the one known as...actually, that's a secret for the time being, but you know who I mean...

dadrab wrote:I'm diggin' that drum kit.

Iron Gress ticked me good.

Thanks, dadrab...regarding the drums...here's a bit of a teaser pic...

View user profile

25 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:08 am

Oh, yeah! I know this band! Can't wait for more of them in the story line!
Hee,hee....I KNOW the secret.....

View user profile

26 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Pontiacivan wrote:Oh, yeah! I know this band! Can't wait for more of them in the story line!
Hee,hee....I KNOW the secret.....

You KNOW? Shocked ...uh, well, now I have to kill you... Twisted Evil ...

View user profile

27 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Well, this installment introduces a couple of lackeys...

You see, Whoracle knows that the Gress control the portals and they are also found of one particular person. By capturing a Gress and then capturing Leroy, she feels that will lead her to the Thriax Portals...where ever they may open...But, Leroy has his own secrets...but that's for another time...

View user profile

28 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:08 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I have to say, I got worried about the dudes for a bit. This is definitely in a grand tradition. And I also love the iguana.

29 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:51 pm

GubernatorFan wrote:I have to say, I got worried about the dudes for a bit. This is definitely in a grand tradition. And I also love the iguana.

Thanks...You don't need to worry about those two. They've hated each other since they met and STILL haven't seriously hurt each other...Kita is a bit hot headed, he gets it from his mother Ma Kita. Gorc is, well, kind of like Charles Bronson without the cool or the tough, but acts like he has it...Those two could have a series of their own but for now are a small part of The Thriax... Very Happy

View user profile

30 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:51 pm

While the Kita and Gorc photo shoot is on my PC, which I'm still trying to fix, I thought I would go ahead with an update of what happens shortly after they leave on their mission...

View user profile

31 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:43 pm

While I'm at it, I may as well introduce a couple of more characters...These are 2 sisters that are part of Whoracle's "coven". Their names are Azuty and Ezrona...They are sisters rumored to be High Priestesses of Unguala, a cosmic based religion from the 1st Dimension. Unguala is based on cosmic energies, most notably Dark Xyton, which causes a cyclical pattern of expansion and contraction of each dimensional universe. Any slight change in this cyclical pattern, which can be felt by High Priests or Priestesses of Unguala, indicates an opening between dimensions...In other words...A Thriax Portal...here they can be seen speaking with the "Fire Oracle"

View user profile

32 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:00 am

So fun! I love how Quantius's plan is utterly ridiculous, but Tanaylya seems to be having the desired effect on Synora. Maybe he does know what he's doing after all... Your mythology runs deep! Always look forward to more updates.

View user profile http://reverendspooky.com

33 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:51 pm

ReverendSpooky wrote:So fun!  I love how Quantius's plan is utterly ridiculous, but Tanaylya seems to be having the desired effect on Synora.  Maybe he does know what he's doing after all...  Your mythology runs deep!  Always look forward to more updates.

Thanks, Reverend! I'm glad you like it! Yea, Quantius' plan is ridiculous BUT he has figured out some things...First, theres a basic difference between the sisters...Whoracle likes men, Synora likes women, but if we go deeper we find that Whoracle, while desiring men, still has the need to be in control. In control of men, her minions, The Thriax, basically everything and she will do anything to achieve her goals. Synora, on the other hand, is more inclined to follow her desires, in this case, Tanaylya, versus her ambitions...That's not to say that Synora doesn't have a nasty side...

View user profile

34 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:46 am

love it !
like reading a live-action comic book !!

35 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:29 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Great new installment and new characters, and amusing banter between them. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us.

36 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:49 pm

Allotropos wrote:love it !
like reading a live-action comic book !!

Thanks, Allotropos! Glad you like it.

GubernatorFan wrote:Great new installment and new characters, and amusing banter between them. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us.

Thanks, GubernatorFan. I have many more characters to show. Thank you for giving me and the others a place to show them...

Funny little side story. The TBLeague body that I used for Synora was actually meant as an upgrade for Whoracle. But, as fate would have it, the Scarlett Witch sculpt I bought arrived about the same time as the body and thus Synora was created...lol...I still need to upgrade Whoracle...besides that, those boots that Whoracle has took me almost an hour to lace up, not really looking forward to doing it again...lol...my eyes ain't what they used to be...

View user profile

37 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Catching up is so much fun to do.

Really enjoyed these installments and you're becoming one of my favorite masters-of-the-understatement.

View user profile

38 Re: The Thriax...updated 11/23/18 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:47 pm

dadrab wrote:Catching up is so much fun to do.

Really enjoyed these installments and you're becoming one of my favorite masters-of-the-understatement.

Thanks much, dadrab! It's always beneficial to be on the good side of the OSF Bartender (nudge,nudge, wink,wink)

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum