OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Threezero Species Sil Sixth Scale Figure Review

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hi Guys

I posted a review of the Threezero Species Sil Sixth Scale figure if you'd like to check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3g4MYEEg7g

I'm personally intrigued with the idea that Threezero uses this plastic overlay skin on her body so you could see her interior exoskeleton though I do worry about long term wear on it, wondering if excessive bending on elbows for example may cause splits in the plastic

Either way its a neat looking figure, let me know what you think

Thanks

Aaron

View user profile

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thank you for the detailed review. It is a cool and interesting rendition of a cool and interesting character. Like you, I would have ideally loved to see a real Natasha Henstridge head sculpt with it. Smile And it is perfectly understandable why you were so careful with the articulation.

Great review! Thanks for sharing as I'm still on the fence with this one however you did give me the impression it's far more detailed in hand as opposed to pictures and video. That base though, argh...looks really unrefined and like it has been sculpted by a kid in high school especially with the film title just scratched on...what were they thinking? As for the soft vinyl used, that's not new at all, the old Medicom Alien and Predator figures that I actually own use it too, the good news is that they must be 20 years old and even after being dumped in and out of moving boxes, falling off shelves (terrible joints though!) there's not a mark on them, no tears or cracking, melting, degrading etc.. Since the same material is used for battery acid overflow tubes etc.. it's not that surprising really.

View user profile
is the arm the only place that can be bent? how's the mobility of the body in general?

View user profile
brassco wrote:is the arm the only place that can be bent? how's the mobility of the body in general?

I'm pretty sure it's fully articulated like most other 1/6 figures you will just have to be careful as it seems to have a plastic 'skeleton' frame for the joints and the vinyl 'skin' will be quite stiff and want to push back more than rubber would for example.

View user profile

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Brassco, check out the video in full. Although the reviewer didn't want to force it and didn't bend things too much, I believe he covered all the points of articulation, elbows, knees, etc. It's been a few days, so I forget the particulars.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum