OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 30]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Carrying on from my thread on OSW which would be page 25 now, this is the 14th figure in this run (done plenty of other LOTR custom builds before) and the 7th Wraith. Since they only designed 6 Wraith in The Hobbit TBOFA even though they showed 9 (they doubled up a few designs and hoped we wouldn't notice for some reason..) I get to have fun designing the last three from scratch while staying in the spirit (no pun intended) of the already built Wraith, this one I'll call the Asian Reaper due to the armour I'm using mixed with a more European Grim Reaper vibe as I just think it will be a cool look for one of these Wraith that still seem to be hanging onto their cultural roots at this point before they become the classic Nine of the LOTR trilogy.
Tore the armour apart and straightened it in hot and cold water ready for paint after removing any laces.

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. Wssz6li

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. Ft3ARvE

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. Mf4f2t2

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. EM94zMR

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. QqkxE8V

#custom #kitbash #lotr #lordoftherings #wraith

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
You Sir are a non-stop dedicated customizer.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It already looks very promising.

scalawag

scalawag
Looking great as always mate, I shall follow along with this one. I love watching your builds come together.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This looks like another epic build. Using the Asian Armor is inspired.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
DeltaForceChung wrote:You Sir are a non-stop dedicated customizer.

GubernatorFan wrote:It already looks very promising.

scalawag wrote:Looking great as always mate,  I shall follow along with this one.  I love watching your builds come together.

Stryker2011 wrote:This looks like another epic build. Using the Asian Armor is inspired.

Thanks guys! Yeah love this armour! Saves a lot of work too Wink . I think it's a KO of one of cool Chinese war hero figures' armours as there are divets on the shoulders for pauldrons that are not included, also it seems to have shrunk due to the moulding process of KO parts so the torso doesn't fit very well even on a very thin body; I'll use laces to solve the problem.
I've laid out the weapon parts to be used, mainly a stylised scythe with a Chinese styled blade for the other end to make it a double ended pole arm. I need to work out what hands to use and how, to change the feet to ankle ball joints to fit the solid boots. There are robes to choose from for the Grim Reaper look I want but not to hide the much of the nice armour. The biggest change for a Wraith's look (in the movie iconography) I'll be doing is giving it a head of sorts, a metallic decorated skull to finish off the Grim Reaper look and because I've always wanted too Wink ; you can think of it as a remnant of the corrupted king or a helmet/mask to give the spectre form.

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. 8EK9hGl

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. 3kCiUQU

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. FJOTaJU

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. G56N3te

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. EfOO3cN

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. 1Ph1T9q

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. ENtNPTS

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. A3lNPDJ

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. JKLmfvm

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. Ji1Zgo8

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. Pretty cool stuff already. Really like that devil-like mask. Creepy.

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Agreed, but I suppose it is supposed to be creepy. I think I spotted a SW emperor cloak in there...

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Wow. Pretty cool stuff already. Really like that devil-like mask. Creepy.

Already used the horns from it on my Minotaur Wraith, looks to much like "The Scream" to me but might use the lower jaw to incorporate into skull.

GubernatorFan wrote:Agreed, but I suppose it is supposed to be creepy. I think I spotted a SW emperor cloak in there...

Yup and his under robe plus Maul's robe/cloak too.

dadrab

dadrab
I like the direction in which this is heading.

You know I'll be watching.

Carry on, brah.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Thanks dadrab! Sorry I haven't had a chance to get around other posts but been busy as hell!

As for this guy... Been working on hands, boots and head mostly, well attaching them anyway although separating the tiny fingers from the palms with a scalpel ans carefully digging out enough room for them to grip a weapon to hours of work. You'll see from the pics how the KO armour has shrunk including the hands and feet unless the original set was for a much smaller Asian body? Did they make a new base body for all their Chinese heroes and warriors? Anyway since he's a wraith skeleton I'm not bothered by it, might subtly enlarge the boots though.

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. 5yra47H

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. N09eUov

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. Ere1xoD

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. B0RAIX9

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. PCqjBk8

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. GTWd5cc

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. MtmzB9e

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. EtyIiJF

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. QcJn0WN

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. NuF7YxY

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. ZvumjSm

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. OKU4V8D

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. ExFYRBs

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. L1WNJ69

Actually glued it in place a lot straighter than this! LOL

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. Bdt7h0z

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. UtnBZ9g

Skull and hands need to be painted.

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. 5Y5oHoZ

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. X3ickZt

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. V1EUrP8

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's Skeletor!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:It's Skeletor!

Really? Damn he hasn't aged well! Wink

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
The Chop shop is back!

Best get me some popcorn!

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m overwhelmed by the amount of hacking and gluing you do on all of these projects. I just recently got around to doing the necessary body swap on the Asmus Morgul Lord and ended up having to cut the back of his thigh armor to get them on, and broke the attached pegs to both of his boot feet trying to get them back on (ended up gluing the armor tops directly to his feet instead); and just those two things freaked me out. I don’t know how you manage to do all this without having a nervous breakdown.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:The Chop shop is back!

Best get me some popcorn!

CHEERS!

Yum! I could do with some popcorn! bounce

Stryker2011 wrote:I’m overwhelmed by the amount of hacking and gluing you do on all of these projects. I just recently got around to doing the necessary body swap on the Asmus Morgul Lord and ended up having to cut the back of his thigh armor to get them on, and broke the attached pegs to both of his boot feet trying to get them back on (ended up gluing the armor tops directly to his feet instead); and just those two things freaked me out. I don’t know how you manage to do all this without having a nervous breakdown.

I literally do this for therapy to try and control my anxiety and depression! bom Laughing in fact I'm just about to cut this body up to make him more skeletal rather than Skeletor and to be able to fit the armour properly. All this on autopilot before my first coffee or smoke! When you know you can fix whatever you break you don't worry about it Wink .

dadrab

dadrab
shovelchop81 wrote:When you know you can fix whatever you break you don't worry about it Wink .

Those are damn well words to live by.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
dadrab wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:When you know you can fix whatever you break you don't worry about it Wink .

Those are damn well words to live by.

Should use it as my signature here! Smile

The body's been on a Dremell diet, done lots of hole punching and laces, removed the useless magnet system for the belt. I've been trying out different robe ideas and started concentrating on his weapons, went upstairs to my Sigma Six collection to go through any spare parts to use and ended up disappearing into that mayhem for most of a day! Very Happy

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. HoU9qAV

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. XDLcHlz

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. 2zHDT2f

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. Au6DgT5

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. Db67RzI

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. EEdtGkg

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. 6FiPpDS

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. E4VmBrL

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. 5TSjqbg

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. KLIWTGR

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. SIsrPGN

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. GPJijiL

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. S5UgQTN

Sigma Six staff fits the weapons perfectly but needs to be shortened a tad! Laughing

kitbash - Marathon LOTR/TH WIP Custom Builds..Reaper/Rider Wraith Redone & Finished. ReCo3YC

I'm also thinking of giving him a chain and weighted tip weapon like the Shaolin Monks and Ghost Rider use.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Impressive. You’re on a roll.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He looks almost completed already!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 30]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum